Author Topic: Men's Fashion  (Read 1066 times)

Alex22

Men's Fashion
« on: Sep 22, 2020, 06:11:32 PM »
This was on Twitter and seems to be a 2020 offering on men's fashion, so how about it boys, anyone game ?  😄

zoony

Re: Men's Fashion
« Reply #1 on: Sep 22, 2020, 06:20:49 PM »
So good to see the macho coming back into vogue ;D ..David Beckham might've got away with it 20 yrs ago but...no, on second thoughts, he'd've looked just as stupid, but with better legs.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

GrannyMac

« Reply #2 on: Sep 22, 2020, 07:11:10 PM »
I'd love to know how many they sell 😳 😅
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Michael Rolls

« Reply #3 on: Sep 22, 2020, 07:55:03 PM »
Well, they won’t be selling any to me!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

zoony

« Reply #4 on: Sep 22, 2020, 10:18:34 PM »
I'd love to know how many they sell 😳 😅

I'd love to know to whom they sell 'em. I've got a sure-fire investment they might be interested in.. ;D

cowboy wisdom.

Jacqueline

« Reply #5 on: Sep 22, 2020, 11:13:23 PM »
If I saw a bloke dressed like that I'd fall over laughing.  Just when you think you've seen it all....

Cee Gee

« Reply #6 on: Sep 23, 2020, 12:44:40 AM »
I will say again who will defend our country in the event of invasion. $*'~@ Hell.

zoony

« Reply #7 on: Sep 23, 2020, 12:53:01 AM »
I refer you to the post before yours. An invading force would be helpless in moments. ;)

cowboy wisdom.

Coastal

« Reply #8 on: Sep 24, 2020, 03:43:41 PM »
"Fashion" isn't so much what people are buying as what they are trying to sell you,
as far as I'm concerned fashion doesn't exist, I wear whatever I feel comfortable in as long as it looks (in my opinion) acceptable (if I'm going out that is, otherwise it's for comfort only)
I've been called LOTS of things over the years, "a fashion icon" was never one of them  ;D
Sure, I wore baggy jeans in the 70s, mainly because back then it was either baggy or nut crushers  :o
Hell hath no fury like a woman .......

klondike

« Reply #9 on: Sep 24, 2020, 04:05:03 PM »
Those ball hanger jeans and trousers seem to have dropped out of favour now as have those hanging half over the bum (apart from with builders) while the charity shop rejects with big gashes are still going strong. It seems that fashion involves making yourself look a prat in the eyes of those not buying into the trend. I don't really see those in the picture as being all that different.
So long and thanks for all the fish

zoony

« Reply #10 on: Sep 24, 2020, 04:07:53 PM »

I've been called LOTS of things over the years, "a fashion icon" was never one of them  ;D
Sure, I wore baggy jeans in the 70s, mainly because back then it was either baggy or nut crushers  :o

I still have a pair of the latter which look just like all my other jeans. It only becomes apparent that I'm wearing them when I drive round a long, left-hand bend.. :-X :-X

cowboy wisdom.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #11 on: Sep 24, 2020, 04:12:58 PM »

I still have a pair of the latter which look just like all my other jeans. It only becomes apparent that I'm wearing them when I drive round a long, left-hand bend.. :-X :-X
;D ;D ;D ;D
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Coastal

« Reply #12 on: Sep 24, 2020, 04:13:37 PM »

Might I suggest that at all cost you try and avoid an EMERGENCY STOP ...
Hell hath no fury like a woman .......

Jacqueline

« Reply #13 on: Sep 24, 2020, 04:32:43 PM »
Fashion used to be tall elegant ladies gliding along the catwalk in beautiful clothes, the high street shops would make affordable versions for us and we would wear the new trends.  I really don't remember wearing anything outrageous, except mini skirts of course, and we would always want to to look smart and well turned out.

Things have changed, emaciated fashion models walk like cart horses on the catwalk, some fashion is OK but the vast majority is so outragous who would want to wear any of it.  Our kids walk around in torn jeans in insult to poor beggars in rags.  Young men walk around in trousers and jackets that look like they have shrunk in the wash.

If you look at fashion through the last century, beautiful clothes from flappers through to Dior's new look and 60's Mary Quant, what has gone wrong now? Nobody wants to look elegant any more.

I'm talking about women's fashion here, don't know too much about mens, but I do know its getting more and more difficult for my husband to find clothes he wants.  Marks and Spencers have lost the plot when it comes to their core customers like us who have been loyal to them for decades. They used to stock nice clothes to suit an older man.  He wants a pair of brown winter weight trousers like he has purchased many times before.  Sorry sir, black, grey and navy, jeans galore (he dosent wear jeans), rotten choices.

We only buy things we want, we do not buy anything just for the sake of it, so they have lost sales here and then they wonder why they are struggling, I have told them many times in feedback, do they listen? do they heck!

Bobcat

« Reply #14 on: Sep 24, 2020, 05:55:49 PM »
How dare they use a photo of me without my permission !!!!