Author Topic: to mask or not to mask is that a question?  (Read 1045 times)

Jacqueline

Re: to mask or not to mask is that a question?
« Reply #15 on: Sep 24, 2020, 04:44:37 PM »

I can assure you Jacq that my health issues are genuine and I've been shielding since before it was government advice. I don't go out unnecessarily or for fun.

I know you don't Zoony, not having a pop at you, you need to take care. Genuine exemptions are fine but I don't believe a lot of them are, I can quote you one or two idiots, a young girl i know who said she felt claustrophobic in a mask, she has recently caught a cold, probably passing it on, but what else could she have caught? People like her should bite the bullet and not be a wuss.

Ashy

« Reply #16 on: Sep 25, 2020, 12:05:52 PM »
I think they draw the graph they want and then make up the figures to suit.

Sheila

« Reply #17 on: Sep 25, 2020, 12:17:51 PM »
A neighbour, who runs marathons and is extremely fit, has had the virus.  He is in his fifties.  I was chatting on the phone to another neighbour and she saw him walking down the street so asked him how he is.
He is unable to walk to the end of the street now and has lost a stone.  He didn't have any fat to lose.
One of my daughters is self isolating as she (unwisely IMO) had a meal with two friends and one of them lost his sense of smell the next day and has confirmed covid.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #18 on: Sep 26, 2020, 10:55:48 PM »
I’m avoiding other people as much as possible,  ut some contact is unavoidable. I’m in a quandary over the fact that I am well overdue for an eye test, a dental checkup and a service for the car, but so far I am crossing my fingers and putting them off for as long as possible
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

biglouis

« Reply #19 on: Sep 27, 2020, 12:02:31 AM »
With regard to Sheila's posting I know of one big fit man in his 50s who was hospitalised with CV19 in March and still feels ill effects now. He lost 2 stone in weight.

Increasing numbers of people are coming forward on social media to report a range of long term effects and are being disbelieved by doctors:-

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/long-haul-covid-gp-symptoms-18650333

https://inews.co.uk/news/long-reads/long-haul-covid-19-post-viral-fatigue-syndrome-explained-573775

Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

crabbyob

« Reply #20 on: Sep 27, 2020, 10:03:13 AM »
to say the numbers are useless is silly...but
if in april they tested 100 and found 10 positives that was 10% [not of the population, but of the people tested]
now in november they find 20 people positive thats not a 100% increase in the disease if they tested
100,000 people
the numbers are being used as a weapon, but still cant be ignored
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

klondike

« Reply #21 on: Sep 27, 2020, 10:11:17 AM »
It's complicated.

For sure the more you test the more you'll find and with a low infection rate the majority of those positives will not be somebody carrying the infection and able to infect others. The number that might be more informative is the percentage of tests that give a positive result. If that is increasing then there will be in increasing infection rate but what that rate may be can only be judged by hospitalisations and deaths. Both are only increasing slowly at the moment and imo will not shoot off on some exponential climb.

The trouble is I only base my opinions on stuff I read and am not qualified to properly judge that on a technical basis. I do think I can smell [censored] though and there is one hell of a whiff of that coming from Boris's scientific advisers which their lunatic 50,000 "cases" by mid October.
So long and thanks for all the fish

xetog

« Reply #22 on: Sep 27, 2020, 10:18:15 AM »
You won't smell the [censored] if you wear a mask!

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

klondike

« Reply #23 on: Sep 27, 2020, 10:22:27 AM »
If you think wearing one will help then you've fallen for it...

crabbyob

« Reply #24 on: Sep 27, 2020, 10:34:14 AM »
sigh.... when i played football i played erm firmly.... but only wore shin guards against certain teams {dirty teams noted to be hackers]
so i am not wearing a mask typing this now, but if i decide to go to the shops i WILL WEAR one
i am not at risk here in my front room, but i might be at the supermarket... and thats how i look at it....
i am not joining one point of view or another, i am protecting myself and those close to me...
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Flying bomb

« Reply #25 on: Sep 27, 2020, 10:39:00 AM »
To mask or not to mask. that is the question.
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous virus
Or to take vaccines against a Sea of Covid.
If the Buck stops here how can the Doe go all the way ?

Albert.

crabbyob

« Reply #26 on: Sep 27, 2020, 10:41:40 AM »
'oh were it so easy my lord'

klondike

« Reply #27 on: Sep 27, 2020, 10:59:30 AM »
i am not joining one point of view or another, i am protecting myself and those close to me...
If you believe that the mask protects you then you have joined one point of view. As we were told right at the start of this there is no scientific evidence that anythng other than proper surgical masks can be shown to offer any protection and that to the patient not the wearer.

crabbyob

« Reply #28 on: Sep 27, 2020, 11:03:56 AM »
can i just point out here that steel toe-caps are also absolutely useless,
unless you drop summit really heavy onto your toes....

Diasi

« Reply #29 on: Sep 27, 2020, 11:11:52 AM »
can i just point out here that steel toe-caps are also absolutely useless,
unless you drop summit really heavy onto your toes....

As are eye protectors unless something hits your eyes.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)