Author Topic: Comments on the News  (Read 637 times)

Ashy

Comments on the News
« on: Sep 25, 2020, 06:52:06 PM »
I notice that the comments have been disabled on Yahoo and MSN news sites. I wonder why, and why now and why at the same time? Is it because commenters are saying things that common purpose doesn't like very much?

klondike

Re: Comments on the News
« Reply #1 on: Sep 25, 2020, 07:40:39 PM »
To be honest from the comments I see on most news sites it's no great loss.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Diasi

« Reply #2 on: Sep 25, 2020, 08:06:40 PM »
To be honest from the comments I see on most news sites it's no great loss.

But the point is that ordinary people have, effectively, been censored from posting their 'no great loss' comments.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

klondike

« Reply #3 on: Sep 25, 2020, 08:12:09 PM »
True. As I don't bother with either site I wasn't aware of the change. I still doubt I'm missing anything though.

Ashy

« Reply #4 on: Sep 25, 2020, 08:21:26 PM »
It's true that most of the comments are about celebrities in the news and not the political items, but usually the comments on political items provide some balance against the obvious bias of the editorial, these are mainly taken from the Grauniad and the Independent, the London Evening Standard, and other similar sources.

Diasi

« Reply #5 on: Sep 25, 2020, 08:28:24 PM »
It's true that most of the comments are about celebrities in the news and not the political items, but usually the comments on political items provide some balance against the obvious bias of the editorial, these are mainly taken from the Grauniad and the Independent, the London Evening Standard, and other similar sources.

If the 'Britain Stronger in Europe' group had read the Yahoo comments sections in 2016 they'd have known that they were likely to get a hammering by the uneducated plebs, just as if the Labour Party had read the Yahoo News sections in 2019 they'd have known that they were going to get a hammering by those who weren't fine-dining Prosecco-drinking residents of Islington.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

klondike

« Reply #6 on: Sep 25, 2020, 08:34:01 PM »
If they read the comments on Guido they'd likely have heart attacks  ;D

Alex22

« Reply #7 on: Sep 25, 2020, 09:03:10 PM »
 GB News is to be launched next year, under the chairmanship of Andrew Neil who is leaving the BBC. He’ll lead other journalists, hopefully presenting a fair balanced programme.  I like Andrew Neil he takes no ****  so I wish him well.   I just hope we don’t need a BBC licence to watch

Diasi

« Reply #8 on: Sep 25, 2020, 09:16:23 PM »
GB News is to be launched next year, under the chairmanship of Andrew Neil who is leaving the BBC. He’ll lead other journalists, hopefully presenting a fair balanced programme.  I like Andrew Neil he takes no ****  so I wish him well.   I just hope we don’t need a BBC licence to watch

If it's online you won't, if it's airwave / satellite broadcast you will.

Oh, I've just had a look & it's a TV channel so you will need a licence to watch it.

It looks really promising as it aims to counter the BBC's left-wing bias & could provide a platform for Nigel Farage.

https://www.ft.com/content/470cf7f4-59e6-47c1-9efa-ce634b7980d7

Cassandra

« Reply #9 on: Sep 25, 2020, 10:47:09 PM »
If it's online you won't, if it's airwave / satellite broadcast you will.

Oh, I've just had a look & it's a TV channel so you will need a licence to watch it.

It looks really promising as it aims to counter the BBC's left-wing bias & could provide a platform for Nigel Farage.

https://www.ft.com/content/470cf7f4-59e6-47c1-9efa-ce634b7980d7

Hopefully Andrew Neill will present what he wants to say and not what the producers determine. The tentacles of Bildenberg have many suckers?

As perhaps the best we have, his intellect gravitas and wisdom will prevail as a stark contrast to all the Woke, Snowflake Liberal biased propaganda on every channel as now presented.

If either that awful sidekick he used to have sat next to him on the Daily Politics 'Jo' Coburn, or the previous lefties before her Anita Anand and 'Nagger' Munchety feature it will fail in trying to secure BBC deserters.

I like to hope Neill had all three of these horrors inflicted on him in the past by the squadrons of Feminist and ethnic minority movements and unions that now dominate the National Broadcasters metropolitan elite.
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Sheila

« Reply #10 on: Sep 26, 2020, 07:47:51 AM »
Hang on Cassandra, that is sexist.  Charlie is awful too.

Diasi

« Reply #11 on: Sep 26, 2020, 07:52:10 AM »
Hopefully Andrew Neill will present what he wants to say and not what the producers determine. The tentacles of Bildenberg have many suckers?

As perhaps the best we have, his intellect gravitas and wisdom will prevail as a stark contrast to all the Woke, Snowflake Liberal biased propaganda on every channel as now presented.

If either that awful sidekick he used to have sat next to him on the Daily Politics 'Jo' Coburn, or the previous lefties before her Anita Anand and 'Nagger' Munchety feature it will fail in trying to secure BBC deserters.

I like to hope Neill had all three of these horrors inflicted on him in the past by the squadrons of Feminist and ethnic minority movements and unions that now dominate the National Broadcasters metropolitan elite.

I have a positive view of this new channel because of the heavy involvement of the 'Cable Cowboy', John Malone.

Malone didn't get the name Cable Cowboy for no reason, it's because he can read the mood & give viewers what he knows will make him a good return on his money & that equates to giving viewers what they want to watch.

He knows full-well that he needs viewing numbers to attract advertisers & that his new channel won't attract disaffected BBC viewers by giving them more of the same.

Ashy

« Reply #12 on: Sep 26, 2020, 08:45:43 AM »
As it's the first I've heard of it I would like to thank all of you for bringing "GBtv" to my attention and wish them well. And it is about time, but if they are relying on advertising they may need some luck, I hope they find some advertisers that are not beyond woke and pc.

Jacqueline

« Reply #13 on: Sep 26, 2020, 10:27:44 AM »
Hang on Cassandra, that is sexist.  Charlie is awful too.

I don't care about sexist Cassandra is right.  How do these dreadful people get jobs? where on earth do they find them?   

klondike

« Reply #14 on: Sep 26, 2020, 11:19:42 AM »
I have great hopes that he will for a couple of reasons. First I can't see him taking this on unless he had such freedom. Second there is no future in yet another News channel broadcasting the same old establishment shіte.