Author Topic: Judge Amy Barret: Screwball?  (Read 749 times)

digitalis

Judge Amy Barret: Screwball?
« on: Sep 27, 2020, 09:08:12 AM »
Has anyone read the history of the RC church...and the papacy? Shish! From the top down,money laundering,sexual improriety,murder,impersonation,hypocrisy...you got the lot here: Broadmoor on toast. Then you have such that adhere and honour its leaders. Crazy man! I gotta restrain meself!

I remember when top RC command had it folks could only marry their like: as in Islam. Then we had no to abortion,as in like top toffs got absolution and abortion,but poor folk had knitting needle jobs back street. Kids were born 10,14 to a tribe: disabled,impoverished. They led brutal lives. Then,at the end of it the ghastly ogres in black dress stood over your dying mum asking for money for Rome and the cabal that lives down there.

No divorce too. As in,top toffs got divorced,but the chattle were chained to swindlers,acloholics,crims,ne'er-do-wells.

Can anyone who follows Rome be compos mentis? I tried reading In the Closet most recently. Fascinating. The hardliners of Rome against homosexuality are those most busy with covert boyfriends and motor out incognito to wanton parties. Some o the top clergy are dressed in all frills and camp shoes. Meanwhile a-busy at the covents, the nuns are busy with belts and thrashings meted out to youngsters.

How can you respect any person who follows this cult? Their reason must be lacking surely.

Other views considered

klondike

Re: Judge Amy Barret: Screwball?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 27, 2020, 09:28:25 AM »
Presumably you think the world would be better without Catholicism. What about the other sects out there?
So long and thanks for all the fish

xetog

« Reply #2 on: Sep 27, 2020, 09:36:53 AM »
An interesting post.  All religion is about control, but I don't think we can tar everyone with the same brush (is that racist?).  The majority of followers do so for many different reasons, belief in a god, company of like minded people, fear of hell, etc. Most of these are basically good people and it is not for me, an unbeliever, to say they are wrong.  To control means power to run the lives of those who believe and dictate to governments how they should act.  This is so clearly wrong that I am always surprised that followers fail to see what is in front of their faces.

There is always a problem that morality, as espoused by different sects serves to control the baser instincts of the general public even though individual areas of belief may be immoral.  In the USA there is a huge divide on abortion with many believing in the killing of those with the opposing view, whilst in the UK a more liberal attitude exists that see's many treat it as a method of contraception.  That a judge should be appointed on the basis of their views on abortion does seem entirely wrong, especially seen from this side of the Atlantic.

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

digitalis

« Reply #3 on: Sep 27, 2020, 09:40:28 AM »
Presumably you think the world would be better without Catholicism. What about the other sects out there?

Too many to mention. But as big and as intimidating as RC? Mmmm...

Still,once an organization becomes big it becomes busy in protecting itself and its top brethren. Its natural. But not for me. I remain quite fickle: not too keen on bullies.

Jacqueline

« Reply #4 on: Sep 27, 2020, 10:33:34 AM »

I assume this thread is because this because Amy Barrret is RC. Her compedtency is being questioned because she is taken in by this religion.

I was brought up as RC and agree with what Digitalis said about them.  I had an extreamely devout Aunt, a lovely wonderful woman, but very naive with an almost childlike belief, I have known many others like her, brought up brainwashed, saying the Rosary like an automaton.

I can think of a religion far far worse, at least Jesus seems reasonably nice. Mahommed was a pedophile, slaver and mass murderer, just read about him if you don't believe me.

Its hard to know whats worse deep brainwashed religious belief, or anything goes liberalism.  Just because you reject religion basic morality shouldn't go out of the window which seems to be what is happening now.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #5 on: Sep 27, 2020, 11:00:10 AM »
I assume this thread is because this because Amy Barrret is RC. Her compedtency is being questioned because she is taken in by this religion.

I was brought up as RC and agree with what Digitalis said about them.  I had an extreamely devout Aunt, a lovely wonderful woman, but very naive with an almost childlike belief, I have known many others like her, brought up brainwashed, saying the Rosary like an automaton.

I can think of a religion far far worse, at least Jesus seems reasonably nice. Mahommed was a pedophile, slaver and mass murderer, just read about him if you don't believe me.

Its hard to know whats worse deep brainwashed religious belief, or anything goes liberalism. Just because you reject religion basic morality shouldn't go out of the window which seems to be what is happening now.
Very fair comment
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

klondike

« Reply #6 on: Sep 27, 2020, 11:20:28 AM »
I've never understood why a link gets drawn between religion and morality. Surely the knowledge of the sort of things Catholics got (get?) up to removes any faith in that. And that is without even touching upon the thorny topic of Radical Islamists.

Diasi

« Reply #7 on: Sep 27, 2020, 11:21:10 AM »
Being a member of the Catholic Opus Dei & a member of the Freemasons seems to work well to some peoples' advantage.

Anyway I reckon I need to convert to Catholicism so that I've got somewhere to go & confess my thoughts on what I'd like to do with Judge Amy Coney Barrett.

Great choice Donald.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

biglouis

« Reply #8 on: Sep 27, 2020, 11:28:50 AM »

I am not a member of any formal religion although I was baptised Church of England. My fathers family was split on religious grounds. Half were Catholic and the other half belonged to the Orange Order. Thats enough to put anyone off.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

klondike

« Reply #9 on: Sep 27, 2020, 11:53:46 AM »
Great choice Donald.
It certainly is for Donald. At 48 if I heard correctly she'll be there for decades adding a right wing bias. The Democrats are livid and will try to block it.

digitalis

« Reply #10 on: Sep 27, 2020, 05:52:00 PM »
Dont post that picture again Diasi! If frightens me. Supplant those eyes with the Devils Eyes, as a when Tony B's eyes were transplanted. Not too tech to do the picture,but you will remember them. Turned out to true, too!

Michael Rolls

« Reply #11 on: Sep 27, 2020, 06:04:35 PM »
Well she is better looking than Donald Trump!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Diasi

« Reply #12 on: Sep 27, 2020, 08:29:26 PM »
Dont post that picture again Diasi! If frightens me. Supplant those eyes with the Devils Eyes, as a when Tony B's eyes were transplanted. Not too tech to do the picture,but you will remember them. Turned out to true, too!

I'd quite like to think she has a bit of the devil her, it adds to the fantasy.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

klondike

« Reply #13 on: Sep 27, 2020, 08:54:47 PM »
I expect fantasising over which bit is in her helps too  ::)

zoony

« Reply #14 on: Sep 27, 2020, 09:48:31 PM »
I'll never be able to unread that sentence.. ???
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.