Author Topic: Parsley Box  (Read 617 times)

Hugh

Parsley Box
« on: Oct 07, 2020, 10:44:11 AM »
Being on my own, cooking a meal, I just cannot be bothered at times. So when this special offer 10 meals for £19.99 came through the door (RM72 08006127225) I know they will be quite small, but I do not eat much anyway. Reviews are quite good so I am giving them a try. No fridge or freezer required they can be stored in a cupboard for 6 months and can be used when I am feeling lazy. Arriving to morrow so won't be long before I know if I have wasted my money.

biglouis

Re: Parsley Box
« Reply #1 on: Oct 07, 2020, 12:39:36 PM »
I got one of these leaflets and was aware that some folks here had enjoyed them. Still tempted.

People NOT on their own sometimes assume it is idleness as to why some singles cannot be bothered to cook a meal for themselves. Often its because we have more valuable ways to spend our time.
« Last Edit: Oct 07, 2020, 12:43:09 PM by biglouis »
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Raven

« Reply #2 on: Oct 07, 2020, 01:01:23 PM »
Mike Rolls is the one to tell you all about them Hugh. He said they were great.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #3 on: Oct 07, 2020, 01:10:25 PM »
I was recommended by a neighbour and am very pleased that he did so. Have had quite a few dozen of their meals by now and am happy with them. For me, a plus is that they are only in the 250-300 calorie range which is fine for an 83 year old, although 20+m years ago I would have been looking for something more substantial - but in the odd occasions that I feel the meal by itself isn't enough, one of their sweets, or cheese and bikkies come to the rescue.
Three things I would mention
The illustrations in their catalogue can be misleading - sometimes the picture shows a meal with potatoes or rice which are not actually included in the basic meal. However, the DESCRIPTION is always accurate. Day before yesterday, for example, I had their coq au vin - really tasty, but I needed to add long grain rice to it (could have used mashed spud, but felt like rice). No problem and i really enjoyed the meal ( the accompanying Shiraz helped, which leads me to my next point. They offer 187 ml bottles of wine - effectively the equivalent of a large glass in most pubs. Really convenient if I don't feel like broaching a bottle (or feel guilty over yesterday's imbibement) so there are a few in the cupboard.
Another point - their cottage and shepherd's pies are very tasty, but too 'sloppy' for my liking, with the result that the potato topping tends to sink beneath the waves - to be fair, when sister in law Mary was here last week, she had one and it didn't totally sink - I may have over-cooked mine
Another plus - their rice and mashed potatoes are ideally sized for such as myself, wheres as many of the ready meals upon which I descend are, to be honest, a bit on the big size.
Overall, I am delighted with them - those with a critical palate might be less impressed, but that is a guess on my part - for me they are a great help. Over and above all, if I feel too down in the dumps - sadly quite often - the ability to be eating 5 minutes after decision is good
Mike
The older I get, the better I was!

Hugh

« Reply #4 on: Oct 07, 2020, 01:51:13 PM »
Thank you Mike, I have included the special deal code and phone number should any one be interested. Been interested for some time now, but some you have to keep in the freezer taking up space, another one which you must add your own stuff. This one pop it in the microwave for 3 minutes job done. Its a family run business in Scotland. Mike happy, so I am pretty sure I will be.
« Last Edit: Oct 07, 2020, 02:00:28 PM by Hugh »

Michael Rolls

« Reply #5 on: Oct 07, 2020, 06:35:03 PM »
Hugh
None of their stuff uses a freezer, unless I am missing something. Itís one of their selling points
Mike

Hugh

« Reply #6 on: Oct 07, 2020, 08:15:16 PM »
I was referring to other companies, not Parsley Box Mike. You are right they do not deal in frozen meals. 

Michael Rolls

« Reply #7 on: Oct 07, 2020, 10:00:31 PM »
Sorry, misunderstood
M

Hugh

« Reply #8 on: Oct 08, 2020, 07:22:30 AM »
No worries Mike. My box arrives today so no cooking problems looking forward to trying one.

ronyork

« Reply #9 on: Oct 08, 2020, 07:39:56 AM »
Find Paisley box products first class. on my own at home now, easy store  easy cook and tasty.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #10 on: Oct 08, 2020, 07:57:05 AM »
Glad folk like them - I find them so very convenient
Mike

Hugh

« Reply #11 on: Oct 08, 2020, 02:24:55 PM »
My parsley box arrived, so will try a meal this evening. Certainly do not take much room up in the cupboard.

Hugh

« Reply #12 on: Oct 08, 2020, 04:41:29 PM »
Had my first Parsley box meal and it was very nice. I will certainly keep a few in stock for when I don't feel like cooking.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #13 on: Oct 08, 2020, 04:42:05 PM »
Glad you liked it, Hugh
Mike

Hugh

« Reply #14 on: Oct 08, 2020, 04:50:52 PM »
I may order that 14 meal pack and get stocked up Mike, seems like a nice selection of meals and save me messing about choosing. I like the containers they are in no need to plate up.