Author Topic: Parsley Box  (Read 5166 times)

Diasi

Re: Parsley Box
« Reply #45 on: Oct 18, 2020, 09:04:31 AM »
Granny moss I was tempted by the same reason as your self but soon came down to earth with a bang. Mike very happy but I wasn't. The food and the amount was far too expensive. Give them a try make up your own mind.

Yeah, you won't catch me paying £4 for a £1.50 meal.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Hugh

« Reply #46 on: Oct 18, 2020, 09:13:14 AM »
More like £4 for a £1 meal Diasi. To to make it worse I did not enjoy them, but it was a trial pack at £2 a meal.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #47 on: Oct 18, 2020, 12:33:07 PM »
I am sorry that recommending this company has had some negative effects. All I can say is that the neighbour who recommended them to me, myself, my sister in law and several other folk have been happy with them.I was intrigued by that comment that they represented £1 - £1.50 for £4. What ready meals are prices are  available for £1 - £1.50? I've not found any. If those low prices are based on using low cost basic materials and cooking from scratch, that is hardy a valid comparison and a pretty cheap shot
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Michael Rolls

« Reply #48 on: Oct 18, 2020, 12:40:06 PM »
After all, if I were to put my mind to it, I could probably exist on water a few slices of bread a day. Fair comparison?
Mike

granny moss

« Reply #49 on: Oct 18, 2020, 12:50:48 PM »
There are ready made meals for 99.p and Morrissons, Asda, and some others sell ready meals for £1....But I am a bit weary about ingredients they use, as per nutrition value. I normally go from £2.99 per meal of 375g - 400gms-- From £3.99 ,  the meals are nice to eat. But Sweet and Sour chicken/rice from Weight watchers, is good value.  Sainsburys do a nice Sweet/sour of 400gms...very nice.There are a lot of different meals ready to eat. It is a matter of try and taste..... Just now, am waiting the call for my Sunday lunch !!!! ...a happy granny... :D gmx

Michael Rolls

« Reply #50 on: Oct 18, 2020, 12:55:45 PM »
Well, i am sorry ma’am but I can’t find a meal
. For £1 or less. A side order of spuds for £0.99 but hardly the same. Is this a programme to discredit me?
Mike

crabbyob

« Reply #51 on: Oct 18, 2020, 01:27:46 PM »
your right Granny there are £1 ready made macaroni and cheese... Spag Bol..ect... either make a nice lunch, i might want summit more substantial for dinner of course
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

klondike

« Reply #52 on: Oct 18, 2020, 03:06:27 PM »
Iceland do a lot of £1 ready meals. I have no idea what they are like as I have never tried them  and to be honest don't expect I ever will. They do free deliveries too for some minimum order - £25 I think - it will be on their website I'm sure.

I forgot the link - https://www.iceland.co.uk/1-value/1-value-frozen/1-value-ready-meals
So long and thanks for all the fish

Diasi

« Reply #53 on: Oct 18, 2020, 03:28:45 PM »
Well, i am sorry ma’am but I can’t find a meal
. For £1 or less. A side order of spuds for £0.99 but hardly the same. Is this a programme to discredit me?
Mike

No, it's contributing to a discussion with information others may find useful.

No one's saying that you shouldn't pay £4 for £1 meal. Lol  ;D

I've just bought two complete ready meals from Morrisons at 85p each.

But, for example, I can do a heat & eat meal at a cost of:

frozen cod fishcake, cost (£1.50p for an eight-pack)           = 19p
100gm of Aldi frozen mash potatoes, cost (85p for 900gm) = 10p
100gm Aldi frozen petit pois peas, cost (85p for 700gm)     = 12p

Cost per meal = 41p
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Hugh

« Reply #54 on: Oct 18, 2020, 03:53:24 PM »
With ready meals do you really know what they really contain??? I think I prefer to cook my own and I know for sure.

Diasi

« Reply #55 on: Oct 18, 2020, 04:06:23 PM »
With ready meals do you really know what they really contain??? I think I prefer to cook my own and I know for sure.

We don't have many ready meals where every single item for the meal is in the same tray, but the majority of our meals are heat & eat insomuch as all the components are frozen & just heated in the microwave or oven, with no preparation needed.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #56 on: Oct 18, 2020, 05:08:12 PM »
In view of comments, I have just looked up Morrison ready meals. Can’t see any whole meals for £1.50, let alone £1, but they do seem cheaper that Tesco, so I have placed an order. Look forward with interest
Mike

crabbyob

« Reply #57 on: Oct 18, 2020, 06:31:24 PM »
i do buy the Macaroni and Cheese from Morrisons £1 the more expensive are of course tastier
i used to buy ASDA s version about 78p they are frozen solid from your freezer but a couple of dings and your eating
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

granny moss

« Reply #58 on: Oct 18, 2020, 06:35:42 PM »
I have been eating  frozen ready meals for the micro now for 8 years....am still around and feel good....gmx

Diasi

« Reply #59 on: Oct 18, 2020, 10:28:02 PM »
In view of comments, I have just looked up Morrison ready meals. Can’t see any whole meals for £1.50, let alone £1, but they do seem cheaper that Tesco, so I have placed an order. Look forward with interest
Mike

What do you mean by a whole meal, they do ready meals starting at 85p, or don't you class a ready meal as a ready meal unless it's traditional meat & veg?