Author Topic: In honour of Brian  (Read 791 times)

klondike

In honour of Brian
« on: Oct 08, 2020, 06:57:03 PM »
For those missing thrilling tales of police chasing drunks here is an odd one from me today.

Leaving Kings Lynn. Busy section of A47 single carriageway heading to dual carriageway. Blue lights behind. Pull over a bit and it whips by. Quarter mile on there's another. Then just before I actually get to the dual carriageway yet another. A couple of miles along there is an ambulance approaching on the other side. I'm now expecting a monster pile up ahead. In a layby we pass the three police cars have pulled over and boxed in a boring looking little hatchback and are talking to a woman.

Try as I may I can think of no credible explanation. Before anybody asks I'm pretty certain that the car was too small to take 7 so it couldn't have been that.

So long and thanks for all the fish

Alex22

Re: In honour of Brian
« Reply #1 on: Oct 08, 2020, 07:04:35 PM »
Are you sure Brian wasn't driving ?

Michael Rolls

« Reply #2 on: Oct 08, 2020, 07:08:20 PM »
She'd nicked the Chief Constable's wife's cleaner's motor?
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

biglouis

« Reply #3 on: Oct 08, 2020, 10:07:08 PM »
Chris says there was a fight between two women in Azda today over masks and social distancing. One was an old lady tottering along more or less using the trolly to prop herself up. She had one of those mask exempt lanyards around her neck. The woman in front was a big blousy type - the kind with leggings and rolls of fat hanging out. She yelled at the old lady for getting too close then started to slag her off for not wearing a mask. The old lady was almost in tears. Chris flatmate threatened to punch the fat slag and she backed off. He is 6 ft 4 ins so she had met her match.

Why do women of that build always wear leggings? They must be the worlds most unflattering garment if you are not built like a hairpin.

Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

zoony

« Reply #4 on: Oct 08, 2020, 10:30:07 PM »
For those missing thrilling tales of police chasing drunks here is an odd one from me today.

Leaving Kings Lynn. Busy section of A47 single carriageway heading to dual carriageway. Blue lights behind. Pull over a bit and it whips by. Quarter mile on there's another. Then just before I actually get to the dual carriageway yet another. A couple of miles along there is an ambulance approaching on the other side. I'm now expecting a monster pile up ahead. In a layby we pass the three police cars have pulled over and boxed in a boring looking little hatchback and are talking to a woman.

Try as I may I can think of no credible explanation. Before anybody asks I'm pretty certain that the car was too small to take 7 so it couldn't have been that.

It sounds like a clever ploy to distract police vehicles and lure them to a pre-determined spot while the real action was a jewel heist two miles back on the other side of the motorway.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

StephenM123

« Reply #5 on: Oct 09, 2020, 08:13:00 AM »

Why do women of that build always wear leggings? They must be the worlds most unflattering garment if you are not built like a hairpin.

When they go for leather look it reminds me of the seal pool in Whipsnade!

They also seem to like to team them with open shoulder tops revealing flabby arms.

I cannot understand where these trends come from. Back in the nineties there was a trend of obese people wearing tracksuits as if that would make them fit!

Michael Rolls

« Reply #6 on: Oct 09, 2020, 08:28:19 AM »
Wishful thinking!
Mike

Alex22

« Reply #7 on: Oct 09, 2020, 12:27:51 PM »
Comfort

crabbyob

« Reply #8 on: Oct 09, 2020, 02:57:26 PM »
i still wear them and am pushing 18st... :o
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Scrumpy

« Reply #9 on: Oct 09, 2020, 03:21:31 PM »
i still wear them and am pushing 18st... :o

Wot!! Leggings!!   Have you tried the lovely pink ones from Primark..??
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

GrannyMac

« Reply #10 on: Oct 09, 2020, 03:31:12 PM »
The mind boggles!  :o
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

zoony

« Reply #11 on: Oct 09, 2020, 03:54:40 PM »
Modern kids are taught respect for others at school and encouraged to see everybody as equal whether they be big, small, fat, thin, pretty, ugly, black, blind, crippled or whatever. Shame that our generation still feels they have the right to judge others by their looks. More 'them' and 'us' stuff.. I note that the original subject was behaving badly..
 Should I be seen as a tedious virtue-signaler I really couldn't give a ship.

cowboy wisdom.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #12 on: Oct 09, 2020, 05:26:59 PM »
Modern kids are taught respect for others at school and encouraged to see everybody as equal whether they be big, small, fat, thin, pretty, ugly, black, blind, crippled or whatever. Shame that our generation still feels they have the right to judge others by their looks. More 'them' and 'us' stuff.. I note that the original subject was behaving badly..
 Should I be seen as a tedious virtue-signaler I really couldn't give a ship.
Really? They may be taught it, but they don't seem to learn it.
Mike

zoony

« Reply #13 on: Oct 09, 2020, 06:25:42 PM »
Some do, some don't but when I see or hear reports from schools I often see kids that in my day wouldn't've had the confidence to speak out because of the way they looked or sounded, expressing themselves quite clearly and as an accepted part of class discussions and such. Quite affecting sometimes.

cowboy wisdom.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #14 on: Oct 09, 2020, 06:34:53 PM »
Well, my family includes two current, two retired, teachers, and their experiences demonstrate a very marked reduction of respect for teaching staff than was current in my day 64+ plus years ago
Mike