Author Topic: take the knee  (Read 5507 times)

crabbyob

Re: take the knee
« Reply #15 on: Oct 10, 2020, 09:43:52 AM »
it is as if we are digging a hole, every day theres something else
cant people see that holes are traps, i dont want my son in one and i dont want my grandkids in one
i like to think i am not racist, yet get the impression from TV that every black person KNOWS that i am
and that i should be taught different.... in my opinion, i'm not end of.... should i apologise for not being coloured, or perhaps the coloured's should realise we are what we are and they are what they are, either we are the same or we are different, its up to them...
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

stellamaris

« Reply #16 on: Oct 10, 2020, 10:39:36 AM »
Taking the knee: I mostly think of the Peter Kaye moment when I see it.  The one where he imitates young boys at weddings running around with arms out like a plane and then swooping to the floor on one knee and sliding as far as they can.    It would be an inspiring sight and impress muchly to see all those activists running around until they found their spot to to take the knee.   On concrete of course.

I know that might be asking a bit much, but it wouldn't be a big ask of footballers on a grass pitch.  They do it often enough during a game anyway.  Keir Starmer could have done it well and lightened his image.  Let's bring a little joy to this po-faced movement.
Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty
Pronouns: She/Her/Beautiful/Wondrous one/Dearest Heart

xetog

« Reply #17 on: Oct 10, 2020, 10:51:26 AM »
I must be a racist because I am pale skinned and according to social norms, I cannot, not be racist.  So lets say it out loud, I AM A RACIST.  Despite the fact that I do not hold any race as being superior to any other and nobody will ever hear anything to the contrary escape my lips, or my pen (word processor) I am willing to accept that I am a racist.  So what!  In my mind I can be as racist as I like and until mind reading machines are invented, as they inevitably will be, I still stake my claim to my intellect and my freedom to think what I want.  My freedom of speech has gone, although I remain determined to speak my opinion whenever and wherever I so desire.  I am old and I am sick in body if not in mind, what can they do to me?  Cancel me? ;D .

I am retired and so was cancelled long before it became a fashionable term.  I am a worthless member of a contemptable society who's remaining pleasure is watching those of my race who would see themselves as influencers genuflect to the baser elements of society.

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #18 on: Oct 10, 2020, 10:54:06 AM »
well put
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

crabbyob

« Reply #19 on: Oct 10, 2020, 11:50:33 AM »
I must be a racist because I am pale skinned and according to social norms, I cannot, not be racist.  So lets say it out loud, I AM A RACIST.  Despite the fact that I do not hold any race as being superior to any other and nobody will ever hear anything to the contrary escape my lips, or my pen (word processor) I am willing to accept that I am a racist.  So what!  In my mind I can be as racist as I like and until mind reading machines are invented, as they inevitably will be, I still stake my claim to my intellect and my freedom to think what I want.  My freedom of speech has gone, although I remain determined to speak my opinion whenever and wherever I so desire.  I am old and I am sick in body if not in mind, what can they do to me?  Cancel me? ;D .

I am retired and so was cancelled long before it became a fashionable term.  I am a worthless member of a contemptable society who's remaining pleasure is watching those of my race who would see themselves as influencers genuflect to the baser elements of society.

Mike.X

thanx Mike... we are clearly not the same, just look at the best team that England might field, obviously the coloured part of our nation is physically superior, then check out the house of commons where the whites dominate... oh wait, perhaps not the house of commons....lol
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Bee

« Reply #20 on: Oct 10, 2020, 04:20:55 PM »
Where racism is concerned, my father gave me a short sharp lesson when I was about 14 and I have never ever been a racist since...............it is the person inside the skin that counts for me whatever race they may be.
The only way is up....

GrannyMac

« Reply #21 on: Oct 10, 2020, 07:01:51 PM »
Where racism is concerned, my father gave me a short sharp lesson when I was about 14 and I have never ever been a racist since...............it is the person inside the skin that counts for me whatever race they may be.

Absolutely Bee. How a person behaves is what counts.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

crabbyob

« Reply #22 on: Oct 10, 2020, 07:02:54 PM »
i would like to think that is how we all feel, Bee
but is it enough?, apparently not

xetog

« Reply #23 on: Oct 10, 2020, 07:54:22 PM »
How does it feel to find out that you are all racist? no matter how anti-racist you think yourself or protest otherwise.  Unless of course you are BAME, then you cannot be racist, no matter how full of bigoted hate. At least that is according to most young people, woke thinkers, senior police officers, many company leaders, writers, sportsmen / women and celebrities.  And now Labour leaders.  Of course it could be that all those upstanding citizens are simply craven cowards, unworthy of our attention who feel obliged to cower to the mob to save themselves from cancellation.  Unfortunately, as things stand in the UK, if you are white, no matter what your record or inclination, the accepted fact all my fellow members of PF is you are undeniably racist.  I hope that outrages you as much as it does me.

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #24 on: Oct 10, 2020, 07:59:34 PM »
It does
Mike

Michael Rolls

« Reply #25 on: Oct 10, 2020, 08:00:25 PM »
Hell. I ain't no racist - I've even appointed white folk to jobs!
Mike

Akbuk

« Reply #26 on: Oct 10, 2020, 08:12:01 PM »
Nobody dare highlight the racism that goes on in the UK amongst ethnic minority’s groups themselves.
I’ve witnessed that from childhood days to the here and now.
I’m a real he/him.

zoony

« Reply #27 on: Oct 10, 2020, 08:47:21 PM »
A very good point Akbuk.. The way the non-whites talk about other non-whites is unpleasant and very racist indeed..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #28 on: Oct 10, 2020, 09:01:00 PM »
No, no, say it isn't so. Any non-white must surely be as white as the driven snow - if you see what I mean!
Mike 😁😁

GrannyMac

« Reply #29 on: Oct 10, 2020, 09:01:57 PM »
There are racist people of all colours,  creeds and backgrounds. 

I don't agree that just because I'm white I must be racist. If some ethnic minority people choose to think that way it's no different to some white people believing they are superior to other races.   

Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais