Author Topic: take the knee  (Read 5510 times)

Michael Rolls

Re: take the knee
« Reply #30 on: Oct 10, 2020, 09:03:46 PM »
Very true
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Temperence

« Reply #31 on: Oct 10, 2020, 10:00:11 PM »
 Ill  tell you how all this BLM stuff works out in service industry on a cleaning squad. We have 3 girls who are black/mixed race. Two work hard and do their share. The third is a lazy so and so. She is forever nipping off for a smoke (in a non smoking building) or fiddling about on her phone when the rest of us are working. She never finishes a job. Then instead of ticking her off for it the supervisor lets her off and tells someone else to finish her work.

That kind of thing causes a lot of resentment and bad feeling on a team - when you get one lazy member. But she knows her power and that no one will confront her. They all moan behind her back (including me) but no one will say anything to her face because they are afraid of being called racist. If she was a white girl she would soon be confronted but no one wants to cause trouble. A couple of times Ive opened my mouth to say something when I had to finish off one of her jobs. Then I shut it again and just got on with it. I don’t want to be sacked for being racist.

But the very fact that we all - including the supervisor let her get off with it - shows that we are racist. If we treated her as an equal we would tell her what an idle so and so she is.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

zoony

« Reply #32 on: Oct 10, 2020, 10:13:14 PM »
Interesting point Temper and a situation that many must be familiar with..The thought of the response one might get is enough to deter..I'm familiar with the feeling if not the particular circumstance..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

biglouis

« Reply #33 on: Oct 10, 2020, 11:48:21 PM »
I can tell you as one who has managed teams when you get one individual who won't do their share then it causes endless resentment! All your subordinates look to you as the manager to sort it out and you are made to feel weak and ineffectual for not doing it. So I can understand how the supervisor finds herself in a very difficult position. Between a rock and a hard place, as they say.

I would imagine that on a cleaning squad people were not normally shy of giving a slacker a good telling off. Suddenly now no one feels able to do so because the individual happens to be black.

What does that tell us about how things are changing in this country?
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

zoony

« Reply #34 on: Oct 10, 2020, 11:53:35 PM »
Perhaps only that they're changing, as things do in society. Hopefully a balance will be found sooner rather than later..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

biglouis

« Reply #35 on: Oct 11, 2020, 12:03:43 AM »
In my experience people on ANY kind of team have always had their ways to let slackers know that they are not doing their bit. In the library putting books back on the shelves at the end of the day was an unpopular job. One person often managed to "disappear" when it was time to do the shelving. The other assistants used to pointedly leave the culprit her share of the work to do on the trolly. If it was too late to do it before the end of the shift I would make her do it first thing next day.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

GrannyMac

« Reply #36 on: Oct 11, 2020, 06:33:13 AM »
Perhaps only that they're changing, as things do in society. Hopefully a balance will be found sooner rather than later..

I agree.  I've come across individuals at work who thought they were untouchable for all sorts of reasons, some real 'time servers' in the public sector.  At one time being related to someone senior, or a councillor gave them the opportunity to take advantage. More recently perhaps because of ethnicity or disability. I've come across both.

Thankfully they have been in the minority, I found in a good team most members (at all levels) pull together, although referring to staff as 'subordinates' might get people's backs up.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Michael Rolls

« Reply #37 on: Oct 11, 2020, 06:58:41 AM »
I always introduced any of my staff, regardless of level, as a colleague
Mike

Scrumpy

« Reply #38 on: Oct 11, 2020, 09:15:41 AM »

I agree with Temperence.. The mixed race are protected by the word ' racist'...
 The same as with children.. 'You can't touch me.. I shall report you'.. They even threaten their parents with these words..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

xetog

« Reply #39 on: Oct 11, 2020, 09:25:46 AM »
You are missing the point.  You are white, therefore you are racist.  It matters little whether you thinks so or not, as far as most of woke society is concerned, you are racist.  Even if you have never seen, or spoken to a person of BAME origins, never thought about them or dreamt about them, even if you are totally ignorant of their existence, as a person of white skin, you are racist.  That is according to the mainly white people who would control our thoughts as well as our deeds.

It is of no use you, or me protesting the lie inherent in this doctrine, the woke have gained control of the majority of levers of power and are yanking on them for all they are worth.  Example 1:  A broadcaster who failed to call out an alleged racist remark made by a guest during a broadcast is being investigated by the police for hate crimes.  Example 2. A black student was scolded by an adult for having her feet on a train seat.  It immediately becomes a race hate crime and is worthy of publicity on the BBC.  And those are just two of the examples I have heard already this morning.

They will of course be backed to the hilt by the white woke police bosses throughout the country who can now see clearly that the route to promotion is extreme wokeism.  Many of the followers of woke of course do not believe in its ideals but see the band waggon going past and take the opportunity to jump on it whilst it can still make their journey to extremism easier.  Nevertheless, as I have now posted several times, if you are not BAME, you are racist according to the new orthodoxy.

The majority of those who espouse these beliefs are of course dupes who will probably suffer more than most when the real villains crawl out from under their rocks once the battle has been won because behind woke, BLM,FFF, and many other similar organisational acronyms are in fact white anarchists, many from Momentum, who having failed to get the backing of the British public in an election have discovered an election free way of winning by fooling the faint hearted into believing that they are wrong and desperate to avoid cancellation.

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

xetog

« Reply #40 on: Oct 11, 2020, 09:40:03 AM »
Upon re-reading, I have to update my remarks.  When I say 'You', I am addressing everyone on this forum is not BAME, not any specific poster.

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #41 on: Oct 11, 2020, 10:33:49 AM »
understood
Mike

GrannyMac

« Reply #42 on: Oct 11, 2020, 01:35:55 PM »
I always introduced any of my staff, regardless of level, as a colleague
Mike

And gained respect from them for doing so I guess.  👍🏽
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Temperence

« Reply #43 on: Oct 11, 2020, 04:45:28 PM »
Regardless of what fancy name you give them - colleagues, so-workers, team members or whatever most organisations have a hierarchy of some kind. One category of people pass down instructions and those on lower pay grades are required to carry them out.  Its certainly like that in teaching organisations. Everyone may be on chummy first name terms but when your given a job to do you are required to do it. It should not impact upon whether the individuals concerned are black, white or polka dot.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

crabbyob

« Reply #44 on: Oct 11, 2020, 04:48:00 PM »
so where do we suppose 'taking the knee' comes from
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”