Author Topic: A GP's tale  (Read 1097 times)

GrannyMac

Re: A GP's tale
« Reply #30 on: Oct 16, 2020, 06:40:29 AM »
So nice to hear a voice of reason Temperence.. I think the Muslim faith, along with others, has had so much mud thrown at it that it's sticking. I'm protectionist but I'm realistic too. An accommodation has to be found and personally, I think it's more than likely that one will be.. Inshallah.. (Just for Sparky.. ;D )

I agree we should be reasonable.  People of different faiths and backgrounds are just as varied as 'we' are.  Extremists of any kind are the ones to fear.  And I believe Temperence's client, given the different meanings in Arabic, would prefer the term 'Muslim' to 'Moslem'.   
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

sparky

« Reply #31 on: Oct 16, 2020, 07:52:05 AM »

That's so sad sparky.  There are decent people from all backgrounds and religions.

I'm sure there are, but why don't they stay in their own bloody countries?, multiculturalism has destroyed this country, all these incomers that claim to come here to create a better life for themselves, should stay in their country of birth, work hard, to achieve that there, as my parents and grandparents did in this country, not come here to contaminate our culture, but even try to modify ours to suit them.

Ashy

« Reply #32 on: Oct 16, 2020, 08:10:18 AM »
moslem is the correct term in the English language. The question, would you be grateful to a moslem if they saved your life, is really the wrong one. We should be asking why we have become so dependent on foreign doctors and nurses. Most of them are wonderful people but we should have been helping our own people to do this sort of work.

GrannyMac

« Reply #33 on: Oct 16, 2020, 08:24:00 AM »
I've read the opposite Ashy.  So I'll beg to differ. 

We could ask why anyone travels thousands of miles for work, or education, or simply opportunities in a different country.  Lots of history behind those from former British colonies coming here.  But I suspect everyone knows that.   😉
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Diasi

« Reply #34 on: Oct 16, 2020, 08:38:43 AM »
I think the Muslim faith, along with others, has had so much mud thrown at it that it's sticking.

That's because Muslims have created much of the mud that's been thrown at them.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

sparky

« Reply #35 on: Oct 16, 2020, 08:57:10 AM »

We could ask why anyone travels thousands of miles for work, or education, or simply opportunities in a different country. 

As I said, why not work to achieve those aims in their own countries, rather than come here to get take advantage of others who worked hard over many years to create those opportunities, they did not get them handed on a plate.

crabbyob

« Reply #36 on: Oct 16, 2020, 09:57:05 AM »
well Sparky if our grandparents and their parents had followed YOUR advice there would be no such problems, remember it was US who wakened them, they were quite happy with their lot until YOUR grandparent went an told them how amazing Londonium was...
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”