Author Topic: spiders  (Read 703 times)

Michael Rolls

Re: spiders
« Reply #15 on: Oct 13, 2020, 09:02:52 AM »
Well, a wasp sting killed a one-time works colleague, and nearly killed Veronica - saved by the GP being only a few minutes away - so I wouldn't get too complacent about it
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

klondike

« Reply #16 on: Oct 13, 2020, 09:30:28 AM »
We have spiders who live in our battery operated gutter lights
Spiders like my CCTV cameras. The IR lights on them attract the spider's supper.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Diasi

« Reply #17 on: Oct 13, 2020, 09:42:07 AM »
Well, a wasp sting killed a one-time works colleague, and nearly killed Veronica - saved by the GP being only a few minutes away - so I wouldn't get too complacent about it
Mike

Yes, I know of a woman who died through eating a meal that had a tomato product in it, to which she was allergic.

Therefore a tomato is as dangerous as a tarantula.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #18 on: Oct 13, 2020, 10:20:10 AM »
Well, as far as I am concerned it is - I'm allergic to them - both of them!
Mike (not a dangerous allergy to tomatoes, but I only have to look at one being cut up to feel sick, never mind the thought of eating one. Never tried eating a tarantula and don't intend to)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #19 on: Oct 13, 2020, 10:23:17 AM »
Oh, and Phil, in the 'I know of' stakes, I know of people dying through falling out of bed, eating nuts, choking on all  sorts of things - the difference being personal experience. I attended meetings with Brian, Veronica was my wife, so I'm not terribly impressed with the comparison
The incidence of death from wasp stings is very low - single figures per annum, I wonder how many die from tomato allergy?
Mike

Diasi

« Reply #20 on: Oct 13, 2020, 11:18:56 AM »
Oh, and Phil, in the 'I know of' stakes, I know of people dying through falling out of bed, eating nuts, choking on all  sorts of things - the difference being personal experience. I attended meetings with Brian, Veronica was my wife, so I'm not terribly impressed with the comparison
The incidence of death from wasp stings is very low - single figures per annum, I wonder how many die from tomato allergy?
Mike

My original comment about the tarantula was based on the average person, you introduced the small minority who have allergic reactions.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #21 on: Oct 13, 2020, 01:42:13 PM »
My original comment about the tarantula was based on the average person, you introduced the small minority who have allergic reactions.
Actually, you did with the tomato comment
Mike

biglouis

« Reply #22 on: Oct 13, 2020, 03:09:37 PM »
When we were kids we had an outside loo and there were often spiders lurking in there. Big ones. My sister was terrified of them  and whenever I came in from a "visit" used to ask if there were any spiders. She would wait for hours until someone went first to make sure there were none. I have to confess to "missing" the odd spider and if she saw it she yelped and ran out with her knickers around her ankles.  ;D ;D ;D
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Diasi

« Reply #23 on: Oct 13, 2020, 04:19:31 PM »
Actually, you did with the tomato comment
Mike

Actually your Reply #15 introduced the small minority of allergic reactions when you moved the conversation from tarantulas to wasps & someone who'd died from a wasp sting.

It was afterwards that I continued the allergic reaction theme, which you started, with tomatoes.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #24 on: Oct 13, 2020, 05:21:18 PM »
Don’t agree you started a rather silly comprising by saying tarantula equalled wasp. Stop wriggling
Mike

Raven

« Reply #25 on: Oct 13, 2020, 05:49:21 PM »
My pal also grew up in a home with an outside loo. They kept a brush at the back door and took it down to the loo with them, to sweep out the spiders before they used it. Worked well.

Alex22

« Reply #26 on: Oct 13, 2020, 06:06:49 PM »
We had an outside loo too, at night my Dad would come down the yard with me to check inside for creepies.  Gawd it was cold too.

Scrumpy

« Reply #27 on: Oct 13, 2020, 06:15:54 PM »
I never worried about spiders.. I fear frogs.. Silly I know..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Alex22

« Reply #28 on: Oct 13, 2020, 06:21:44 PM »
I'm afraid of frogs too Scrumpy.  When I was about 10 we were having a picnic in a park and I put my hand on one,  the thing jumped in my lap !   S H R I E K

Bee

« Reply #29 on: Oct 13, 2020, 06:27:44 PM »
I am also frightened of frogs, at my previous house I always came across one when I was gardening. :'( :'(
The only way is up....