Author Topic: A very pleasant surprise  (Read 707 times)

zoony

A very pleasant surprise
« on: Oct 12, 2020, 03:53:05 PM »
To cut a long story short..I've been having a wrangle with the surgery prescriptions clerk about a Ventolin inhaler I should've received last week. Got an email from said clerk which was just one brusque, 15 word sentence which didn't even address me by name or sign off in any way and wasn't even true!..Anyroad up, the practice manager called me a short time ago to talk about this and was very nice and annoyed to hear that I was still waiting for the inhaler.. now more than a week late. While I was on the phone there came a knock on the door which was a counter assistant from the pharmacy that I'd spoken to earlier..She was aware of the inhaler situation and had brought me one whilst on her way home.. in the rain. Gives one a warm glow when that sort of thing happens..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Michael Rolls

Re: A very pleasant surprise
« Reply #1 on: Oct 12, 2020, 04:00:42 PM »
Nice to hear
Mike 👍👍👍
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

crabbyob

« Reply #2 on: Oct 12, 2020, 04:15:09 PM »
there are still real folks out there guys.... and on here
but we dont get to hear about it very often
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

klondike

« Reply #3 on: Oct 12, 2020, 04:17:26 PM »
Do you only use Ventolin zoony? Haven't they prescribed a steroid inhaler too? If they have and you still need Ventolin with any regularity it isn't probably working properly. Ventolin for asthma is an emergency stop gap. It's on my prescription but the only time I order any is when the one in my car and the one in my drawer get close to their end dates. If you need it for some other condition than Asthma then that's beyond what I know of inhalers.
So long and thanks for all the fish

zoony

« Reply #4 on: Oct 12, 2020, 05:38:22 PM »
I use it sometimes as a reliever K but not for asthma. Main inhaler is called Trimbow which contains three drugs, one of which is a corticosteroid (Beclamethasone..)

cowboy wisdom.

klondike

« Reply #5 on: Oct 12, 2020, 06:15:00 PM »
I got swapped back to Beclamethasone from a stronger one I had been prescribed.

They went through a range from Becotide which was  Beclamethasone through a couple of others and now back to a different name but is the same old Beclamethasone. I'm not convinced that I actually need any but continue with it to humour my wife.

zoony

« Reply #6 on: Oct 12, 2020, 06:29:10 PM »
Unfortunately, I do actually need it occasionally..

cowboy wisdom.

klondike

« Reply #7 on: Oct 12, 2020, 06:46:37 PM »
Better to have a few spares around the place than need one and not have it.

GrannyMac

« Reply #8 on: Oct 12, 2020, 06:52:49 PM »
I can never fathom why anyone with poor communication and interpersonal skills is ever employed in a customer service role.  I hope the practice manager is on her case zoony!

The inhaler I've recently been prescribed is beclometasone. I was reqularly getting breathless after the virus I had earlier this year. I think it's helping, I'm not puffing so much when I'm walking.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

zoony

« Reply #9 on: Oct 12, 2020, 07:52:34 PM »
Better to have a few spares around the place than need one and not have it.

Not any more. You get one per month and that's it. They keep track too.

cowboy wisdom.

zoony

« Reply #10 on: Oct 12, 2020, 07:57:40 PM »
I can never fathom why anyone with poor communication and interpersonal skills is ever employed in a customer service role.  I hope the practice manager is on her case zoony!

The inhaler I've recently been prescribed is beclometasone. I was reqularly getting breathless after the virus I had earlier this year. I think it's helping, I'm not puffing so much when I'm walking.

Yes Mac.She is..Not very happy about having to call me and apologise for her colleague.

cowboy wisdom.

klondike

« Reply #11 on: Oct 12, 2020, 08:47:07 PM »
Not any more. You get one per month and that's it. They keep track too.
I built a small residual stock of all my medicines. It covers if we stay at the van a bit longer than usual or if we get out of step with prescriptions when returning home. The online ordering system lets me reorder a little early and by repeatedly doing that I built the stock.

In any event inhalers can go wrong - I've had that happen in which case you may need an extra one. Plus of course it's an as-required and the odds are you don't use it all over the 28 days but can stll order another.

zoony

« Reply #12 on: Oct 12, 2020, 09:27:28 PM »
Yes K. I know lots of the tricks and have always managed to keep a small stock for just-in-case things like badly timed public holidays or 'glitches' but it's all changed now. Very rigid system but obviously still flawed.. 'Computer glitch' seems to be the default excuse these days and sometimes I believe it but not this time. The email records suggest that she's lying like a rug. Hey ho, sorted now.

cowboy wisdom.

zoony

« Reply #13 on: Oct 13, 2020, 02:12:38 AM »
Interestingly, during my conversation about prescriptions with the Practice Manager, I mentioned that I'd payed £60 for continued deliveries or loose them..Not a complaint, just in passing. She said that it was also a concern to the Practice..I came down on Lloyd's side.. They have to pay the driver etc and organize the outgoing prescriptions but, surprisingly to me, she bridled. Thought it (£60 a year) was too much to ask for out of the blue.. I can see where she's coming from, with isolated older pensioners with very little to spare yet ordered by the Guvmint to isolate themselves..Isolation doesn't come cheap if one has no family to speak of for support and one isn't computer savvy.. Multiply £60 by every vulnerable pensioner isolating on doctors or Boris's orders in just that surgery's catchment and it would appear to be a windfall for the Pharmacies.

cowboy wisdom.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #14 on: Oct 13, 2020, 06:09:22 AM »
Never thought of that
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!