Author Topic: Sky Sports  (Read 468 times)

Hugh

Sky Sports
« on: Oct 13, 2020, 08:48:48 AM »
Its about time Sky started giving some money to suffering town foot ball clubs, and not all to the very greedy premiership clubs who are awash with money. These lower clubs is where young footballers learn their trade and the future stars are developed. At the moment premiership clubs get sky money and spend vast amount on importing players. 

Alex22

Re: Sky Sports
« Reply #1 on: Oct 13, 2020, 02:50:48 PM »
Liverpool FC and Manchester Utd have put forward proposals to shake up the EPL, the plans would reduce the number of teams in the PL.   PL would also pass on  25% of future broadcasting revenue to the EFL and a 250 million fund to help lower clubs.

I guess all the other PL clubs have to agree before they can move forward, but it's a start.

klondike

« Reply #2 on: Oct 13, 2020, 04:39:29 PM »
Always assuming any clubs are still solvent by the time the government have stopped trying to bankrupt them.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Hugh

« Reply #3 on: Oct 13, 2020, 04:54:52 PM »
I do not agree the tax payer should support foot ball. Loads of us sky sport subscribers are paying a lot money and all going to the top clubs. Many small clubs are going under at the moment along with some future foot ball stars. Next year I expect the number of over seas player allowed to play in a game will be reduced so I see problem ahead. 

Michael Rolls

« Reply #4 on: Oct 13, 2020, 05:03:18 PM »
As I have mentioned from time to time, soccer has no interest for me. To my mind it is a multi-million business based on ninety minutes a week of ridiculously over paid young men kicking an embarrassingly unskilled game around a field. For folks to enjoy playing it, good on them. To regard it as important, oh dear
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Hugh

« Reply #5 on: Oct 13, 2020, 05:46:52 PM »
Mike I agree with you I have sky sports because I enjoy watching golf. So I object to the idea tax payer you and I should be stopping small teams going under. If the top teams with loads of money are not going to stop the grass roots of foot ball going under so be it.

Alex22

« Reply #6 on: Oct 13, 2020, 05:58:06 PM »
Did either of you actually read my post ?   I will try and find a link as I've forgotten where I read about this idea. 

Hugh you choose to pay Sky exorbitant monthly charges, nobody twists your arm.

As you have no interest in football Mike, why not just ignore the thread, as I do with any cricket threads ?

zoony

« Reply #7 on: Oct 13, 2020, 06:25:53 PM »
I remember some hard-core Man Utd fans creating a non-league spin-off club under the original name of Newton Heath as a response to the expense of tickets, refreshments etc. It's a very successful amateur little club and much more rewarding to watch, a hell-of-a-sight cheaper and attracts great support from whole families... Much like football used to be..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #8 on: Oct 13, 2020, 06:32:15 PM »
Did either of you actually read my post ?   I will try and find a link as I've forgotten where I read about this idea. 

Hugh you choose to pay Sky exorbitant monthly charges, nobody twists your arm.

As you have no interest in football Mike, why not just ignore the thread, as I do with any cricket threads ?
Silence can be mistakenly interpreted as agreement. I wouldn't want anyone to be under a misapprehension!
Mike

Alex22

« Reply #9 on: Oct 13, 2020, 06:34:29 PM »
I remember some hard-core Man Utd fans creating a non-league spin-off club under the original name of Newton Heath as a response to the expense of tickets, refreshments etc. It's a very successful amateur little club and much more rewarding to watch, a hell-of-a-sight cheaper and attracts great support from whole families... Much like football used to be..

I don't recall that Zoony but do remember some ex manc players stepping in to help Salford stay afloat.  I read only yesterday that Scholes is taking over as manager.

Alex22

« Reply #10 on: Oct 13, 2020, 06:36:02 PM »
Silence can be mistakenly interpreted as agreement. I wouldn't want anyone to be under a misapprehension!
Mike

Perish the thought !

Michael Rolls

« Reply #11 on: Oct 13, 2020, 06:37:26 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

zoony

« Reply #12 on: Oct 13, 2020, 08:51:04 PM »
Scholes, Giggs and the Neville brothers have invested heavily in Manchester since their playing days.. Hearts seem in the right place too.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.