Author Topic: 15th October  (Read 744 times)

Michael Rolls

Re: 15th October
« Reply #15 on: Oct 13, 2020, 09:43:35 PM »
Absolutely - who could have anticipated this - and the strain must be enormous, knowing that the high probability is that as far as the public are concerned, he is in a lose-lose situation even if Brexit is completed successfully. Thing is, just looking at him on screen, he doesn't look really fit - perhaps it just strain, perhaps it is lingering effects of covid-19, perhaps it is both
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

klondike

« Reply #16 on: Oct 13, 2020, 10:41:36 PM »
It took 3 terms for Blair to look that bad.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Michael Rolls

« Reply #17 on: Oct 13, 2020, 11:03:31 PM »
It took 3 terms for Blair to look that bad.
Reckon you are right!
Mike

biglouis

« Reply #18 on: Oct 13, 2020, 11:23:55 PM »
Its not as if he has any reliable help with that goon squad surrounding him.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #19 on: Oct 13, 2020, 11:26:17 PM »
The Chancellor, whose name I still cannot get right, seems the only one with any ideas. As for Hancock, I reckon Tony Hancock could do a better job. - and he’s dead!
Mike

Raven

« Reply #20 on: Oct 14, 2020, 09:09:28 AM »
I know he's looking tired, wrung out, and harassed but, why is he not following the advice his virus experts are giving him. It was on last nights news that he was advised to lockdown three weeks ago on a circuit breaker thingy, he ignored this and things are spiralling out of control again. Why is he faffing about.

klondike

« Reply #21 on: Oct 14, 2020, 09:58:27 AM »
Its not as if he has any reliable help with that goon squad surrounding him.
He chose them.

klondike

« Reply #22 on: Oct 14, 2020, 10:00:05 AM »
I know he's looking tired, wrung out, and harassed but, why is he not following the advice his virus experts are giving him. It was on last nights news that he was advised to lockdown three weeks ago on a circuit breaker thingy, he ignored this and things are spiralling out of control again. Why is he faffing about.
Possibly because he feared a second flush may send the economy completely down the pan.

Incidentally just what is spiralling out of control?

Michael Rolls

« Reply #23 on: Oct 14, 2020, 10:05:45 AM »
Apart from a few hotspots I don’t think things are spiralling out of control, and annoyingly the shotgun approach even there doesn’t look too brilliant. It seems interesting that none of the three tiers recognised low risk areas, of which there are many. Winter is coming. All pulmonary infections, not just Covid, increase in prevalence in the colder weather. Not true of some non-viral conditions, of course. For instance, the Legionella bacillus can’t survive below 60F.

Mike

xetog

« Reply #24 on: Oct 14, 2020, 10:15:52 AM »
Trouble is, if you stop digging this hole and start another, it still might not get you where you want to go and you end up by just being in another hole.  The thousands of young people flocking Liverpool's streets last night shows you that a substantial part of the population intend breaking all the rules they can.  How can you plan for that?  They should have been fined £10,000 each, that would slow them down a bit.  I have little doubt that the 'second wave' should be laid at the feet of the selfish.

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #25 on: Oct 14, 2020, 10:23:24 AM »
I doubt many of them had £10,000, and we don’t have enough jails for all of them. I suppose that you can really see it as civil disobedience aganst legislation they regard as disproportionate, and for the vast majority of them it is. Even if they catch the virus, the overwhelming likelihood is that the condition will be mild.
The likelihood of them donating the virus to folk more at risk sadly doesn’t seem to bother them.
Mike

Michael Rolls

« Reply #26 on: Oct 14, 2020, 10:24:50 AM »
Oh, and given the rubbish to which we have all been subjected, I wouldn’t be surprised if many of them simply don’t believe that is a risk anyway
Mike

crabbyob

« Reply #27 on: Oct 14, 2020, 05:29:44 PM »
i think its time we started prison farms for these folk, given three months down on the farm i bet the next time the whistle blows they ALL hear it...
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”