Author Topic: UK to talk beyond Brexit deadline?  (Read 882 times)

digitalis

Re: UK to talk beyond Brexit deadline?
« Reply #15 on: Oct 15, 2020, 08:19:05 AM »
Most people will take the short cut given any path offered. It's quite natural.

Most people will take the easier path than one more difficult and strenuous. Its quite natural.

I understand.

To be independent. To walk our own way...To complete trade negotiations with a lotta other countries and set up x X00 rules,regs,god know what...requires...what? fortitude,resilience,courage,belief,vision...name more

How much of this have we in our top civil service? Picture yyou are on a nice-little-earner nowadays,you've put on some weight,you are over 50,your sons and daughters are just about to enter Oxbridge...there's some very pleasant things about Brussels and the like minded folke there. Those terrible oiks back in Gb voted to come out: the unmentionables. Weren't things better for you staying IN. Of course you are going to drag your feet. You are doing quite well. Very well in fact. If only it would all go away. In fact,why not stay IN. It's better for all. Well,for us...not the oiks. But then the oiks are always trublesome.

I understand them all. I look at Bojo and he screams lasseiz faire,a predilection for idleness,waffle,off setting hard yakka. Some more japes,a bit of totty on the side,big dosh and beano bashes. He is what he is. I dont blame leeches. God has made all creatures. Bojo is not and never has been a grafter. I dont believe there's been anyone 'upstairs' whose seen or wanted any benefit from Brexit. With the lower orders it was just different. They just saw their sort being milked all the time

Diasi

« Reply #16 on: Oct 15, 2020, 11:44:59 AM »

How much of this have we in our top civil service? Picture yyou are on a nice-little-earner nowadays,you've put on some weight,you are over 50,your sons and daughters are just about to enter Oxbridge...there's some very pleasant things about Brussels and the like minded folke there. Those terrible oiks back in Gb voted to come out: the unmentionables. Weren't things better for you staying IN. Of course you are going to drag your feet. You are doing quite well. Very well in fact. If only it would all go away. In fact,why not stay IN. It's better for all. Well,for us...not the oiks. But then the oiks are always trublesome.

Or, to put it in fewer words, Remainers personal vested interests.

Since the transition period, as Stellamaris said, is until the 31st December, it doesn't really matter how long they talk after today.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Ashy

« Reply #17 on: Oct 15, 2020, 11:52:59 AM »
You must admit it will be difficult to transition if we don;t know what we are transitioning to. But I suppose our politicians knew Best.

crabbyob

« Reply #18 on: Oct 15, 2020, 01:36:40 PM »
we dont know what we are transitioning to 'WITH THE EU'
but surely we know how we are to deal with Australia and Japan ect...
every boat load of sugar that was landed in the Uk had a £1,000,000 tariff attached from the EU, surely that has gone and a thousand of others with it...
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Diasi

« Reply #19 on: Oct 15, 2020, 04:41:17 PM »
You must admit it will be difficult to transition if we don;t know what we are transitioning to. But I suppose our politicians knew Best.

We transition to WTO terms unless the EU caves in & sees sense & if there's acceptable offer from the EU at the 11th hour then we transition on those terms if it suits us to do so.

For the EU, the transition period is nothing to do with a trade deal, it's all about a last-ditch attempt to create a situation that will act as a deterrent to any other member States that want out.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Ashy

« Reply #20 on: Oct 15, 2020, 05:27:52 PM »
But we are not transitioning at all. It will be a sudden change. But I know we shall get over it.

Diasi

« Reply #21 on: Oct 15, 2020, 05:49:47 PM »
But we are not transitioning at all. It will be a sudden change. But I know we shall get over it.

We should plan to transition on no-deal WTO terms & anything else may be a bonus.

Ashy

« Reply #22 on: Oct 15, 2020, 06:02:21 PM »
I agree, we aren't going to get a "deal" not after four years plus.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #23 on: Oct 15, 2020, 10:44:46 PM »
After all, why expect them to change now?
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

xetog

« Reply #24 on: Oct 16, 2020, 09:17:38 AM »
It is supposedly decision day today.  They still want our waters and say they will not give way, so NO DEAL!  Please Boris, just tell them where to stick their trade deal and become the loose canon that destroys them.

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #25 on: Oct 16, 2020, 09:18:59 AM »
Hear, hear
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Ashy

« Reply #26 on: Oct 16, 2020, 09:35:17 AM »
We haven't had any sense out of them for the last four years, it's not going to happen now.