Author Topic: Liverpool pub renamed  (Read 1029 times)

Temperence

Re: Liverpool pub renamed
« Reply #15 on: Oct 15, 2020, 10:52:27 PM »
Been working with private clients today (Leeds area) and found people increasingly angry at the north/south divide in the country - no new thing of course. None of the people I talk with are denying covid exists but increasingly angry at confusing advice, lack of clarity, and the need for diverse restrictions in different parts of the country. A lot of hostility towards "the south" and "that lot in Westminster" who have lost touch with reality.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Michael Rolls

« Reply #16 on: Oct 15, 2020, 10:56:13 PM »
In respect of Covid, I don’t think Westminster has lost touch with reality. I don’t think they ever found it
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

zoony

« Reply #17 on: Oct 15, 2020, 11:08:59 PM »
The Press needs to stop publishing inflammatory stories and doomwatch headlines for a start..People believe (for some reason) what they read in their favourite daily or see on their TVs and none of them are posing as anything but antagonistic from one or another point of view..If ever there was a case for some national unity this is it but instead we seem to get bluster and intentional obfuscation.. Oh, btw, has Farage succumbed or is he faggin' it in an enclave somewhere?
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Hugh

« Reply #18 on: Oct 16, 2020, 08:47:33 AM »
Boris Johnson and his team are doing a balancing act and trying to stop the country going broke. Labour party want a national lockdown which stop the virus but will also stop places which are making money and taxes. Saying they have lost touch with reality is wrong. Because people in high risk are just not obeying the rules, the system worked out will not work and many will die because of it. And Boris of course will get the blame.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #19 on: Oct 16, 2020, 09:17:53 AM »
The concept of a national lockdown is a recipe for economic disaster. Right back at teh beginning of all this we were told that covid-19, like most pulmonary conditions, could be expected to reduce in prevalence in warm, sunny weather, increase in prevalence in cold, damp weather - and that us exactly what we saw and what we are seeing. The advocates of the lockdown claim that it was the lockdown that achieved the reduce prevalence, but it can't be proved to what extent the lockdown contributed to the reduction, or even if, in the long term, it has. What is very clear is that as the National Health Service transformed into a National Covid Service, a lot of people failed to receive treatment and/or failed to be diagnosed for other conditions, a situation which is resulting, and will result, in premature deaths.
Mike

crabbyob

« Reply #20 on: Oct 16, 2020, 09:50:06 AM »
unto thy own self be true
be your own master, you and i need not go to work
so self isolation is reasonably simple
we just need to sort our rations
ignore the news in all its varieties
keep your head down till the all clear sounds and i hope you all get to hear it...
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

klondike

« Reply #21 on: Oct 16, 2020, 01:22:24 PM »
Meanwhile in Germany...

Court overturns order to shut Berlin's bars and restaurants from 11pm because 'it is not apparent' it would help fight coronavirus
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8847125/Berlin-court-overturns-order-shut-Berlins-bars-restaurants-11pm.html
So long and thanks for all the fish

Ashy

« Reply #22 on: Oct 16, 2020, 01:55:09 PM »
That's that then, we'll have to let ours stay open.
Just as a matter of interest Mr Tilbrook is going to court again to overturn the restrictions.

biglouis

« Reply #23 on: Oct 16, 2020, 03:11:03 PM »
At least the krauts have got something right. ;D
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

klondike

« Reply #24 on: Oct 16, 2020, 03:14:01 PM »
I read that they are wetting themselves at record "infection" rates which turned out to be about half ours with a bigger population. Of course they may be counting real infections with symptoms rather than including the asymptomatic as ours do.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Diasi

« Reply #25 on: Oct 16, 2020, 03:47:52 PM »
Meanwhile in Germany...

Court overturns order to shut Berlin's bars and restaurants from 11pm because 'it is not apparent' it would help fight coronavirus
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8847125/Berlin-court-overturns-order-shut-Berlins-bars-restaurants-11pm.html

If I was in Germany I'd still be giving the pubs & restaurants a big swerve as the phrase 'it is not apparent' it would help fight coronavirus, does nothing to reassure me.

The iceberg wasn't apparent until a couple of minutes before the Titanic hit it.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #26 on: Oct 16, 2020, 03:51:53 PM »
That’s the thing. Anyone with an IQ bigger than their shoe size, ought to be be able to work out their personal level of their risk. If they can’t work that out, sorry to be cruel, but we are probably better off without them
Mike