Author Topic: UFOs ?  (Read 213 times)

Alex22

UFOs ?
« on: Oct 17, 2020, 11:19:31 AM »
Information and photos about a UFO sighting in Perthshire in 1990 was due to be released in January 2021.  Now it seems the MOD has slapped another 50 years on these documents which won't be released until 2071.  Known as the Calvine Incident, no explanation has been given for the dossier remaining classified.

Michael Rolls

Re: UFOs ?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2020, 11:46:50 AM »
Blame it on the virus!
Mike
The older I get, the better I was!

klondike

« Reply #2 on: Oct 17, 2020, 11:48:36 AM »
I think I saw that the other day too but don't recall where so I'll search and post a link assuming I find it. The oddest thing to me is that they want to continue to hush it up. While I don't deny the probability of alien life if they are responsible for UFOs they seem to have a very odd way of using their time.

Must have been here..
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/6144270/ufo-sighting-cavine-scotland-aliens-ministry-of-defence/
What the hell I was doing reading that paper is as big a mystery as the UFO.

Alex22

« Reply #3 on: Oct 17, 2020, 11:51:55 AM »
It was in The Sun and the Mirror, I forgot about a link
😎I'll be getting told off again !

klondike

« Reply #4 on: Oct 17, 2020, 11:53:40 AM »
Probably I wasn't reading the Scottish Sun after all. It was just the first hit I came across and looked as I remebered it. Maybe I saw it in the English Sun although I don't often read that either. Perhaps I was bored.

Alex22

« Reply #5 on: Oct 17, 2020, 01:04:14 PM »
Most people don't believe in UFOs though over the years so many, what appear to be UFOs,  have been spotted.   Yet we believe in God, even though nobody has seen him/her  ?   😁😁

Raven

« Reply #6 on: Oct 17, 2020, 01:27:22 PM »
I remember that when it happened, Perth and the surrounding villages were rife with it. Calvine is about a half hours drive north of Perth, and had a lot of visitors over the next wee while.

zoony

« Reply #7 on: Oct 17, 2020, 01:30:29 PM »
In the early 70s I once had a regular gig in Phoenix but was living in San Diego which is a long, dark, desert drive at 3 am..One particular night my eye was caught by lights in the sky, way in front of me but off to the side..They were moving at a similar speed and the size of the craft was estimable by the distance between the lights.. It wasn't small..I was fascinated and, as they were going my way, continued to follow, slowly catching up with these lights in the sky.. Turned out to be the Goodyear blimp on it's way home after broadcasting during an Arizona State football game.. Interesting half-hour though.. ;D
A man said: You can always tell a lady, but you can't tell her much.. (Moliere maybe?)

klondike

« Reply #8 on: Oct 17, 2020, 01:50:43 PM »
Many years ago my wife was calling me and I was cоcking a deaf 'un as I thought it was for a job I was trying to avoid. Turned out she had seen a large illuminated globe slowly coming down in the distance. We never worked out for sure what it was but from something she saw later she thinks it may have been one of those bubble type helicopters lit from below. I guess we'll never know.

I don't think there is any debate over whether or not UFOs exist. They surely do. All the debate is over what they may be. My money is on the vast majority being misidentifications of ordinary objects seen in unusual ways with an admix of hoaxes and possibly a very small number of things the military don't want broadcast. Given the hiding of the pictures I'd assume the Calvine incident is one of those.

Traveller

« Reply #9 on: Oct 17, 2020, 02:03:46 PM »
Well, I don't believe in gods, angels, fairies etc.. A UFO is simply that - Unidentified.   I do think that there is other life in the universe, but the distances are so great that it is extremely unlikely that anyone would come a large number of light years and not bother to stop for a chat.
You climbed on the ladder with the wind in your sails,
You came like a comet blazing your trail

Michael Rolls

« Reply #10 on: Oct 17, 2020, 02:33:23 PM »
Or as the Martian said to the petrol pump ‘Take me to your leader’
Mike
The older I get, the better I was!

Raven

« Reply #11 on: Oct 17, 2020, 05:06:12 PM »
Or as the Martian said to the petrol pump ‘Take me to your leader’
Mike

Just wondering how Boris would deal with a visiting alien,  :o  what with Brexit and Covid on his plate too. ;D

Flying bomb

« Reply #12 on: Oct 17, 2020, 05:37:12 PM »

Just wondering how Boris would deal with a visiting alien,  :o  what with Brexit and Covid on his plate too. ;D

He'd ask it for a trade deal and slap it into tier 3.
"One small step for man"...…
…..because he has Arthritis.

www.retinascope.co.uk
Albert.

Jacqueline

« Reply #13 on: Oct 17, 2020, 05:38:44 PM »
Most people don't believe in UFOs though over the years so many, what appear to be UFOs,  have been spotted.   Yet we believe in God, even though nobody has seen him/her  ?   😁😁

Very good point Alex.

Ashy

« Reply #14 on: Oct 17, 2020, 05:39:38 PM »
I think I can say with some certainty that the alien would be put up in a four star luxury hotel in the Midlands.
Stand up, or give up.