Author Topic: Britains first black queen.  (Read 1137 times)

xetog

Britains first black queen.
« on: Oct 17, 2020, 06:08:03 PM »
Some days, by the time I have been awake for an hour I find enough outrageous news to keep my fingers employed all day on PF.  Other days I am so astounded at the news coming in from all directions that I have problems sorting my thoughts into order and only manage  to put into writing one rant.  Today is one of the latter and I have so many things that outrage me that it is late in the day before I can assemble my thoughts in order to write about the one subject that has blown my mind the furthest from its normal irritated meanderings. The subject about which I am about to ramble may not be the biggest news of the day, in fact given my source, it may not even be scratching the awareness of other PF posters, but that makes it worthwhile posting about it because it is so preposterous.

Whilst browsing for something else historical earlier I came across an item headed "Queen Charlotte, Britain's First Black Royal?"  Naturally this piqued my interest and diverted me off my earlier quest. It is quite long so I will just give the main flavour of the assertions made:

Sophia Charlotte of Micklenburgh-Strelitz (an obviously German Princess) born in 1744 was married to King George III and therefore became Queen Charlotte, mother to George IV as well as his 14 siblings.  Considering the care that royalty have always taken over lineage, one can be quite certain that at a time when black people were though sub-human, any hint of black African history would have disbarred her from the British Royal Family.

It seems a Portuguese historian (who's name I won't bother with) has traced her ancestry back fifteen  generations to the (suspected) mistress of a Portuguese monarchs son who MAY have been black (She was a Moor and therefore not necessarily dark skinned).  Even on the outside chance that there were any truth in this very tenuous link would this make her mixed race as even if there were any substance, it would make her one fifteenth black and certainly not a black queen of Britain.  In fact, even were this assertion true her black relative would have been her great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, grandmother.

I dug further, only to find this garbage listed by the BBC under "Black history you may not know."  and on an American site (HOWAFRICA, the rise of Africa) as an sub-Saharan African icon, which she most definitely was not.  It even suggests she might have been dark skinned and on some other sites as having negroid or mulatto (Afro-Caucasian) features.

I would normally just laugh at this as rabble rousing, but I am told this is now accepted teaching in some schools and colleges.  Nevertheless, if people want to accept such garbage why should I care?  But it does raise a question in my mind:  How diluted can your black heritage be for you to still qualify as black?  Since there have been black people recorded in Britain since the time of the Romans, would you or I be justified in believing that we might have some black ancestor 15 or more generations ago and would therefore qualify as black?  In fact if science is to be believed humanity came out of Africa, so are we not all to some degree black?  In this case this woman was less than 1% black and because it suits the Woke BLM agenda, she is awarded the epithet of blackness.

So logic would dictate that BLM is a non-organisation because if we are all black it follows that all lives matter.  If not, how black do you have to be?  Those like Meghan Markel and Lewis Hamilton are 50/50 (given that they have no other black ancestors) so when they identify as black they deny their whiteness and are going by the colour of their skin, not necessarily their race.  Similarly, many of those who are claiming to be black will be less than 50% black, so how white do you have to be before you have to retract your blackness?  Black history month would have it that you can be less that 1% and still be black, I wonder if that would wash with blacks on the street?

Mike.X

If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

Jacqueline

Re: Britains first black queen.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2020, 07:03:23 PM »
Very interesting.  Looking at her 15 children's portraits including, George 1V, William 1V, Duke of Cumberland etc. can't see any sign of them being other than white.  What depths will these people dig to in the hope of finding that this British Isle of ours really belongs to the black man? 

GrannyMac

« Reply #2 on: Oct 17, 2020, 10:26:01 PM »
Xetog I've spoken to my friend at length about this. She had an African father. However her upbringing was in her wider white English family so her life at home was just like most of ours.  English was her only language and she knew no other black or mixed race children until she was older.

It was only with others she was reminded she was different, and called names, it's not something you can hide! 

Where do you get the idea Jacqueline that the black minority believe Britain is theirs?  It's only relatively recently there's been any nod to equality. 

Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Diasi

« Reply #3 on: Oct 18, 2020, 09:23:10 AM »
Very interesting.  Looking at her 15 children's portraits including, George 1V, William 1V, Duke of Cumberland etc. can't see any sign of them being other than white.  What depths will these people dig to in the hope of finding that this British Isle of ours really belongs to the black man?

They'll go back a few hundred thousand years to show that everyone came from Africa, but the clowns fail to mention that Africa, & the rest of the world, didn't exist as we know it today as the land masses have changed.

The UK was still attached to what eventually became known as Europe.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

klondike

« Reply #4 on: Oct 18, 2020, 09:42:10 AM »
The UK was still attached to what eventually became known as Europe.
Praise the Lord for giving us tectonics and melting the ice cap.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Michael Rolls

« Reply #5 on: Oct 18, 2020, 10:09:34 AM »
We could have done with getting a bit further away!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

xetog

« Reply #6 on: Oct 18, 2020, 10:25:43 AM »
Granny Mac.  I have a BAME son-in-law (Chinese/English) who makes nothing of his Chinese ancestry, indeed he criticises his Chinese relatives if they speak their own language in front of our daughter.  He has a sister who makes much of her roots, she is a delightful young lady.  Our son was married to an American, unfortunately they were divorced, but we are still her adoptive parents (according to her) and we all act accordingly so she is still part of the family.  She is not of course BAME.  His new wife (of 15 years) is South African.  She is white and therefore not BAME, but we would have loved her just the same, were she black or any other tint.

The question that really piqued my interest in this whole issue is that of what fraction of your make up can be BAME before you are considered white by these people?  I unfortunately can claim very few black genes since my ancestors have certainly been white since before 1566.  So I am pretty certain that I must be the archetypal white racist.  I have always thought of myself as someone without racial prejudice, but since I am apparently now irredeemably racist according to BLM doctrine I may as well pay attention to misappropriation of my racial past.  Colour is only skin deep, actually less than that.  There was a TV programme on a while back (you may have seen it) which featured an unfortunate black guy.  The very top layer of his skin was peeling off causing him great pain and distress.  Only his dermis was peeling so just a layer a few microns thick.  But his dermis ( the layer of skin underneath) was as pink as yours or mine.

I have since found some more very interesting racial historical lies and may write about them in due course.

Mike.X

digitalis

« Reply #7 on: Oct 18, 2020, 10:55:40 AM »
Fascinating and equally entertaining stories listed above. If I could get but 8 of you into a tv debating channel what ratings we'd get. I'd be tuned in. I wonder who the archetype is at the BBC who is trying to educate us whities here: Emma,18 but going on 12,from East Sussex. Her relatives have work in the diplomatic service and BBC. Has connections to the judiciary. Nothing to do with the unmentionable North. Maybe has connections with the Benn and Harman families.

I watched Us(BBC)tother night. I'm sorry. Confessional. Ham acted,but nothing else on. Yup,last episode(all other episodes containing multi racial groups. No disabled tho)young lad turns out to be....hold yer breath....ready? sure yer ready? shock. Horror. Gay! Outrage. My white racist homo hating heart almost skipped a beat.  Yeh,say it again: homo. Crazy! Before this I never knew a normal hetro couple could have a kid who was homo. Crazy aint it. Thank you Emma(now 18,going on 12)I now know thru you that there are people who choose to have sex sex relationships.

Given regulars on this forum were given airtime I wonder what other revelations 12 year old mini Harmans might teach us. How to squirrel  dosh?  Evading Law? Presenter Jack Straw? Getting away with it? Tony 'the saint' Blair.

How much could PF contributors take before they had a stroke? Heart attack? Go troppo?

Surely good tv!

klondike

« Reply #8 on: Oct 18, 2020, 11:12:27 AM »
There was a TV programme on a while back (you may have seen it) which featured an unfortunate black guy.  The very top layer of his skin was peeling off causing him great pain and distress.  Only his dermis was peeling so just a layer a few microns thick.  But his dermis ( the layer of skin underneath) was as pink as yours or mine.
Did they say if this is the reason the soles and palms usually are too?
So long and thanks for all the fish

xetog

« Reply #9 on: Oct 18, 2020, 11:15:40 AM »
No.

Mike.X

Jacqueline

« Reply #10 on: Oct 18, 2020, 11:44:34 AM »
Xetog I've spoken to my friend at length about this. She had an African father. However her upbringing was in her wider white English family so her life at home was just like most of ours.  English was her only language and she knew no other black or mixed race children until she was older.

It was only with others she was reminded she was different, and called names, it's not something you can hide! 

Where do you get the idea Jacqueline that the black minority believe Britain is theirs?  It's only relatively recently there's been any nod to equality.

A black woman on one of those Black lives marches said and I quote "my parents and grandparents built this country". 

Michael Rolls

« Reply #11 on: Oct 18, 2020, 11:55:11 AM »

A black woman on one of those Black lives marches said and I quote "my parents and grandparents built this country".
Well, I'd like to know her name so that I can thank the silly woman
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Ashy

« Reply #12 on: Oct 18, 2020, 12:32:42 PM »
They must have had some long range scaffolding.

GrannyMac

« Reply #13 on: Oct 18, 2020, 12:43:20 PM »

She was possibly right.  Along with many of ours, the agricultual labourers, the factory and mill workers, the miners, and everyone who toiled in our past.  Although her ancestors may not have lived here, perhaps they were slaves of the British plantation owners, or the shipping magnates who made fortunes out of their forced labour.   
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Diasi

« Reply #14 on: Oct 18, 2020, 04:13:09 PM »
Praise the Lord for giving us tectonics and melting the ice cap.

;D ;D ;D

We could have done with getting a bit further away!
Mike

;D ;D ;D
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)