Author Topic: Bloody Ouch..  (Read 652 times)

Raven

Re: Bloody Ouch..
« Reply #15 on: Oct 18, 2020, 02:28:10 PM »
No it wasn't a horse fly, had a bite from one of those things before and the blister that followed. From the quick glance I got of it, I'd still say bee. I'd have heard a wasp and it's yellow would have been seen at once, and I'd not have brushed it off. I'd have gone to the back door and then brushed it off with a wooden spoon collected from the jug on the way. This was darker coloured and not that big.
Still no sign of it but I've hoovered thoroughly, left the window open and the door shut. Just have to hope it's gone, but I'll be watching like a hawk tonight. Finger is easing up thank goodness and the swelling has gone down a good bit.

zoony

« Reply #16 on: Oct 18, 2020, 02:59:47 PM »
Glad to hear it lass.. :)
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #17 on: Oct 18, 2020, 04:31:36 PM »
Much may it continue to go down
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Alex22

« Reply #18 on: Oct 18, 2020, 06:06:40 PM »
Your quick use of ACV has probably helped you Raven, glad it's getting better. 👍

Ashy

« Reply #19 on: Oct 18, 2020, 08:00:02 PM »
Seconded

Diasi

« Reply #20 on: Oct 18, 2020, 10:23:51 PM »
I've only been stung by a wasp on one occasion when it got down the back of my neck & gave be about 10 stings before I was able to flatten it.

I didn't get any reaction & it was no more painful or long lasting than a mild nettle sting & I didn't even have to put anything on it.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

zoony

« Reply #21 on: Oct 18, 2020, 10:33:25 PM »
I've only been stung by a wasp on one occasion when it got down the back of my neck & gave be about 10 stings before I was able to flatten it.

I didn't get any reaction & it was no more painful or long lasting than a mild nettle sting & I didn't even have to put anything on it.

Same as that Diasi. 'Cept it was in Arizona and the wasp was a hornet..It took years for that patch of skin between my shoulder blades to stop feeling strange..Painful too!
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #22 on: Oct 18, 2020, 10:40:49 PM »
Some folk seem to be more susceptible, and more vulnerable to insect bites and stings than others. If Susan, my first wife, and I walked through an area where there were insect, you could guarantee that she would be bitten, whereas I would be untouched. Veronica didn’t have the same problem, but on the other hand, nearly died from a wasp sting - and had to undergo two years of regular attendance at a clinic at Guy’s hospital
Mike

Raven

« Reply #23 on: Oct 19, 2020, 04:02:08 AM »
Got the wee beast, I got up a short time ago as not able to sleep. Went to make a cup of tea and found it lying on the kitchen mat. Not sure if it's a bee or a wasp, it's leg's are all curled up tight and I don't want to fiddle with it incase that stinger is still active. Could be a wasp, I see yellow but not bright yellow, so not sure.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #24 on: Oct 19, 2020, 04:32:33 AM »
Doesn’t look colourful enough for a wasp to my mind. Still, no danger now of it being a doggie snack!
Mike

Michael Rolls

« Reply #25 on: Oct 19, 2020, 04:34:34 AM »
No, I take that back. The colour was muted by the wings, and the head looks very wasp like when I enlarged the picture
Mike

klondike

« Reply #26 on: Oct 19, 2020, 08:43:41 AM »
I think it probably is a wasp - you usually see them in sunlight. There are lots of yellow/black insects but most of the ones that aren't wasps/hornets don't actually sting. Darwin tipped the non stingers off that wearing the black and yellow jersey might make them look a less tasty meal.

Just read your comment about the wings  - that is certainly another factor as most of the time they are held out.
So long and thanks for all the fish

crabbyob

« Reply #27 on: Oct 19, 2020, 04:09:13 PM »
its a wasp hen....flush it...burial at sea
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Ashy

« Reply #28 on: Oct 19, 2020, 04:32:20 PM »
It is difficult to identify this insect in the pose in this picture. One can tell a bee by its legs and a wasp by its waist usually. Most bees are almost brown whereas most wasps are bright yellow.