Author Topic: Bloody Ouch..  (Read 651 times)

Raven

Bloody Ouch..
« on: Oct 18, 2020, 04:59:48 AM »
Morning, Not a happy bunny I got stung by a bee (I think) yesterday evening and it still hurts.  :o Finger tip is still swollen and throbbing. It was darkish as I was sat pondering in front of the fire, didn't have the big light on, saw something on the front of my jumper and brushed it off. OMG, the pain was awful and I realised what it had been. Still can't find the wee bugger and it has to be in the room somewhere, am worried about the dog. I sat for ages with my finger in an eggcup of apple cider vinegar and it helped a lot, but now the pain has me up again.  :'(   :'( :'(

Michael Rolls

Re: Bloody Ouch..
« Reply #1 on: Oct 18, 2020, 05:18:40 AM »
If it was a bee, the sting, or part of it, may still be in your finger - possibly even worked under the skin. Do check - if you haven't already - as it's the sort of thing that can turn septic quite readily
Hope things improve soon
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

GrannyMac

« Reply #2 on: Oct 18, 2020, 06:36:06 AM »
Ouch indeed!  As Mike says, I hope it improves.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

granny moss

« Reply #3 on: Oct 18, 2020, 07:44:20 AM »
I hate nasty crawleys that sting and bite without provocation...Nasty things...It is very painful to be stung, I had proof of it !  Raven, as Mike says, it could became infected. Vinegar is very good, but do you have dettol or some savlon, etc ?  I use Savlon on my bites.... it soothes the itching...gmx

Raven

« Reply #4 on: Oct 18, 2020, 08:35:56 AM »
I can't see anything in my finger, have looked very closely at it. Not sure it was a bee, I didn't get a look at it, I just saw something on my sweater out of the corner of my eye and brushed it off. Then Wham.
I don't know where it went and we both searched for it, have put the kitchen light on and going to leave the den in the dark, hoping the wee Scunner will fly to the light then it can get out the back door.
Yes GM I do have savlon in my box and have used it a couple of times.
It would have to be the index finger tip of my RIGHT hand.......Sigh.

Hugh

« Reply #5 on: Oct 18, 2020, 09:19:08 AM »
The same thing happened to me a few weeks backs Raven, it wasn't a bee or wasp it was the size of a fly. Certainly had the same impacts as a wasp sting.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #6 on: Oct 18, 2020, 09:23:04 AM »
Sounds nasty. Fleur once swallowed a dead wasp, which scared the life out of us, but thankfully she vomited it up very quickly.
I don’t if hornets have made it up here? Their sting, I understand, is a lot more painful than run of the mill wasps and bees. We had one in the house once when we were children. Hadn’t realised how big they are
Mike

granny moss

« Reply #7 on: Oct 18, 2020, 09:39:50 AM »
Couple of years back, I had a German wasp into my room. I managed to catch in off the window glass panel into the insects catcher. It was about 2" long...and that summer, a few of them made it to Norfolk on the wind.....Nasty things.... Has anyone noticed how all of the bad nasty malevolent things seem to come to England from abroad....?  ;) ??? From the West and the East and the south......Things like Asian flu, bubonic plague....etc.etc.... :D .....gmx

klondike

« Reply #8 on: Oct 18, 2020, 09:54:14 AM »
The same thing happened to me a few weeks backs Raven, it wasn't a bee or wasp it was the size of a fly. Certainly had the same impacts as a wasp sting.
My wife too. Outside on the van decking. Something small just seemed to brush her arm and she came up in a huge lump. We have some commercial bite and sting stuff which eased it but it still hung around irritating for quite a while.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Michael Rolls

« Reply #9 on: Oct 18, 2020, 10:08:13 AM »
Wonder what it is?
Mike

klondike

« Reply #10 on: Oct 18, 2020, 11:07:50 AM »
Assuming the same sort of thing they are clearly a pain in the thumb and a pain in the arm. Doubtless for some it could be worse.  ;D

Hugh

« Reply #11 on: Oct 18, 2020, 11:14:40 AM »
Very likely to be horse fly. These give a nasty bite.

klondike

« Reply #12 on: Oct 18, 2020, 11:21:31 AM »
They certainly can but the ones of those that I've seen are big. Plus I'm pretty much certain that Raven would recognise a horse fly.

zoony

« Reply #13 on: Oct 18, 2020, 11:41:27 AM »
Spider perhaps..Depending on type they can have very nasty venom..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Hugh

« Reply #14 on: Oct 18, 2020, 11:52:31 AM »
What bit me was the size and looked like a common fly. Been complains about horse fly bites of late so I am placing my bets on it being the culprit.