Author Topic: What goes around...  (Read 691 times)

Michael Rolls

Re: What goes around...
« Reply #15 on: Oct 20, 2020, 10:57:55 PM »
Which of course they will do
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

biglouis

« Reply #16 on: Oct 20, 2020, 11:44:47 PM »
Much as I hate to appear to be a "follower" I find it difficult to disagree with the majority of opinions on this thread. Lockdowns have achieved nothing and mask wearing and social distancing are placebos to control and pacify the terrified masses.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #17 on: Oct 21, 2020, 03:56:17 AM »
I’ve read the declaration and agree with it totally. I have also signed it.
I see that the harbingers of doom have seized on the fact that some idiots have signed it with maliciously false names.
Mike

klondike

« Reply #18 on: Oct 21, 2020, 08:53:53 AM »
Much as I hate to appear to be a "follower" I find it difficult to disagree with the majority of opinions on this thread. Lockdowns have achieved nothing and mask wearing and social distancing are placebos to control and pacify the terrified masses.
I was concerned with that majority as it flies in the face of public polling. I wondered if there was a silent majority here keeping quiet which is why I explored polling. If there is a silent majority then they were silent in the anonymous poll. I tried to keep the questions factual and hopefully with no bias although my own view must be well known to those who read my posts.
Here is the poll where any of the silent majority can still vote.

https://www.ferendum.com/en/PID507529PSD2097198963
So long and thanks for all the fish

Michael Rolls

« Reply #19 on: Oct 21, 2020, 09:43:24 AM »
Actually, I don't think it does - I just don't believe that the 70% odd who profess themselves to be in favour of stricter measures are doing other than saying what they feel they ought to be saying. The fact that only a tiny majority of those who should self-isolate are doing so, and only  a tiny majority are seeking testing when they think they may have symptoms is, to my mind, far more telling.
Mike

Michael Rolls

« Reply #20 on: Oct 21, 2020, 10:35:23 AM »
It's just dawned on me that if somebody is unkind enough to point out to the doom mongers that the 80,000 deaths in 1968/9 didn't result in the country being paralysed, their respond would doubtless be - 'But if we had been in charge then (they would have been children at the time) our measures would have saved thousands of those 80,000'.
Trouble is, had they been around back then and had those measures been implemented, heaven alone knows what state the country would have been in, and how much it might have recovered even by now
Mike