Author Topic: South Yorkshire  (Read 925 times)

Temperence

Re: South Yorkshire
« Reply #15 on: Oct 21, 2020, 11:52:43 PM »
And who ran down the NHS?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

zoony

« Reply #16 on: Oct 22, 2020, 12:03:42 AM »
One theory is that the NHS has been under attack for many years by both colours of government because of big money interests, such as insurance companies, at home and abroad, and those who own them, putting heavy pressure where it matters and paying expensive lobbyists to sway individual politicians to bend in the direction of the private sector in such things. I've known NHS hospitals since the sixties til now and there are some that are unrecognizable but in others it's still 1968..I've also a reasonable experience of the private sector and it's on another level.. Is that the point? I have a cataract that needs doing and my optician is offering the choice.. Either way, the NHS is paying for it but the difference is enormous..My young self says refuse the luxury of private and go sit in the long, drab, draughty, greeny-brown corridors and waiting rooms of my local hospital after trying to find a place to park that is within a two-day hike of where you need to be or .. Hate to be predictable but I choose.. still can't decide..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

zoony

« Reply #17 on: Oct 22, 2020, 12:06:15 AM »
Sorry Jacq..went off on one..I've shared your old man's experience and it's one to be avoided..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

crabbyob

« Reply #18 on: Oct 22, 2020, 08:34:08 AM »
i am in bar hill Cambridge at present, and dont much fancy getting locked down in Donny, so i will stay put for a bit to see how it all pans out..
Our local hospital in Doncaster has remained the same size for almost sixty years, they might have added a maternity wing, my point being ones stay in hospital has been dramatically cut by keyhole surgery plus the advanced training of the nursing staff... the population has of course increased, so the hospital has done and is doing well-ish... but none of them are geared up for pandemics of any kind, is any country?
ok i am sat in the middle of the road, going with the flow, trying to remain inconspicuous, i have seen the other half, and at times it is not pretty... in India when they go into hospital a relative has to go with them, the hospital dont feed you...lol... the relative does, the relative toilets you etcetera, can you even imagine that... so well done the NHS and the vast majority of its staff, and everyone else who is struggling to make our lives that wee bit easier ...
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

klondike

« Reply #19 on: Oct 22, 2020, 08:57:31 AM »
Sorry Jacq..went off on one..I've shared your old man's experience and it's one to be avoided..
I'll quote this instead of your longer one zoony. For years now our trust has been farming out routine operations to the private sector. My mother died over 10 years ago but both her cataract operations were done by private companies through the NHS. I need another Dupuytrens op. The local trust wanted to send me 30 miles away so I delayed it as there is weekly physio too and I didn't want the hassle. I'll rebook some time and pick a local private hospital through patient choice.
So long and thanks for all the fish