Author Topic: Smokers,  (Read 1920 times)

Scrumpy

Re: Smokers,
« Reply #15 on: Oct 23, 2020, 09:08:29 AM »

So, Bee smokes.. If she is not anoying others around her what the hell is it to do with anyone else.!
 She has a ciggie BEFORE breakfast.. dear oh dear.. That's her choice..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Scrumpy

« Reply #16 on: Oct 23, 2020, 09:09:51 AM »

Don't try it if riding a motor bike either. I found years ago that you only get a couple of drags per fag if you do.

Klondike..  ;D ;D ;D 
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Bee

« Reply #17 on: Oct 23, 2020, 09:10:05 AM »

So, Bee smokes.. If she is not anoying others around her what the hell is it to do with anyone else.!
 She has a ciggie BEFORE breakfast.. dear oh dear.. That's her choice..

Thanks for that Scrumpy, much appreciated.
The only way is up....

Scrumpy

« Reply #18 on: Oct 23, 2020, 09:15:32 AM »

Perhaps they could put a slit in a face mask to stick a fag through if your a smoker..
.. a lollipop through if you have a sweet tooth..
 a whistle if you are a train guard..
  you could even put your foot in it.. ;D

Bee

« Reply #19 on: Oct 23, 2020, 09:30:17 AM »

Perhaps they could put a slit in a face mask to stick a fag through if your a smoker..
.. a lollipop through if you have a sweet tooth..
 a whistle if you are a train guard..
  you could even put your foot in it.. ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D
The only way is up....

Michael Rolls

« Reply #20 on: Oct 23, 2020, 09:33:56 AM »
The comment about smoking whilst walking made me realise that I can't remember the last time I saw someone doing that - to be fair, I'm not in a town often. Did once see a chap walking along in the middle of such a large cloud of smoke that I thought that he was on fire, but it was this vaping thing
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Bee

« Reply #21 on: Oct 23, 2020, 09:36:29 AM »
The comment about smoking whilst walking made me realise that I can't remember the last time I saw someone doing that - to be fair, I'm not in a town often. Did once see a chap walking along in the middle of such a large cloud of smoke that I thought that he was on fire, but it was this vaping thing
Mike

I find the vapers are worse than smoking to stand close to, especially with the large clouds of smoke and the smell.
The only way is up....

Michael Rolls

« Reply #22 on: Oct 23, 2020, 09:40:22 AM »

I find the vapers are worse than smoking to stand close to, especially with the large clouds of smoke and the smell.
Thankfully, apart from that one occasion, never been close to one
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

crabbyob

« Reply #23 on: Oct 23, 2020, 10:18:20 AM »
Bee, have you considered Snuff ;D ;D ;D
thats what guys did down the pit used, that and chewing tobacco...lol
but you might need to remove your mask to spit.... please dont swallow the tobacco juice.. ;D ;D
i stopped the chewing baccy because of cost plus spitting is alien to me, so i bought licorish root from the herbal shop, then cut it into 1 inch lengths, i mostly just held it in my lips [fag like] and it was much cheaper than fags... or chewing baccy  ;D ;D ;D
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

ronyork

« Reply #24 on: Oct 23, 2020, 10:56:28 AM »
Why do smokers when they finish up up cancers etc expect to receive hospital treatment when they created the problem themselves .yet many of their countrymen suffer from various illnesses which strike out of the blue IE DEMENTIA and are expected to pay for their own care, which sometimes calls on the sale of the family home or part of,. this care can cost many thousands, if you and I hope you do not need treatment of some kind, if treatment was to be payed for would you object for such payments for a self imposed illness., these cancer sticks do not jump in your mouth by themselves.

Ashy

« Reply #25 on: Oct 23, 2020, 11:07:27 AM »
Mike

I find it is quite nauseating to follow a smoker along a road. Even though it is the open air.

crabbyob

« Reply #26 on: Oct 23, 2020, 11:26:47 AM »
Ashy would be a good name for a smoker  ;D
and the cost of their cancer treatment is oversubscribed by the amount of tax they pay for every cigarette they smoke...
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

ronyork

« Reply #27 on: Oct 23, 2020, 11:47:53 AM »
An excuse ?Smokers pay l a lot of money in tax . The power of money,  They also cause a lot of heartache to families and friends.

sparky

« Reply #28 on: Oct 23, 2020, 12:05:21 PM »
 some people turn to smoking and some people turn to alcohol and I would never ever critisize someone for either.

Bee. My post was not intended as a criticism, anything within reason that brings us pleasure in our later years, we deserve, and as I said with smoking, the damage to our health has already been done, but still unwise IMO.

sparky

« Reply #29 on: Oct 23, 2020, 12:12:49 PM »

l did notice the fag comes before breakfast ,priorities
? ??? ?.'

When I was in the RAF doing my National service, Paddy in the next bed to me, would refuse point blank to get out of bed in the morning till he had a fag.