Author Topic: Turmeric (Natural Herb)  (Read 829 times)

Hugh

Turmeric (Natural Herb)
« on: Oct 23, 2020, 08:19:10 AM »
Heard about these capsules some time ago and decided to give them a try. For some time I thought I have just wasted my money didn't seem to be doing anything for my knee pain. It as just dawned on me I have stopped taking my pain killers, and have not had any for several weeks. I have only been taking one a day when it should have been two to get full benefit.

Michael Rolls

Re: Turmeric (Natural Herb)
« Reply #1 on: Oct 23, 2020, 08:42:49 AM »
Sounds worthwhile, Hugh
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Hugh

« Reply #2 on: Oct 23, 2020, 09:03:33 AM »
If they work for every one Mike I wouldn't like to say. Certainly working for me. Read reviews about them on line before you decide. I have paid £12 for 100 capsules bottle so not cheap.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #3 on: Oct 23, 2020, 09:05:39 AM »
Thanks
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

crabbyob

« Reply #4 on: Oct 23, 2020, 10:30:37 AM »
tumeric is the widestly used herb in india
ladies also use it in cosmetics as its very good for your skin
but i dont think it is expensive
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

klondike

« Reply #5 on: Oct 23, 2020, 11:37:58 AM »
My wife tried it but didn't continue. I don't think the capsules were expensive on eBay. I think the health food aspect is supposed to be as an antioxidant but it could be more.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Raven

« Reply #6 on: Oct 23, 2020, 11:38:37 AM »
Hugh, I take these Glucosamine Sulphate high strength pills, just one a day. I take the 1500 dose and they are great and not expensive at all. I get them in a Health Shop and you can get them online. BUT, watch what you buy as they are often mixed with another pill in with them, you want the Glucosamine only. Several years back one of my Old English Sheepies was really bad with Arthritis in his back legs, I asked the Vet if I could give one to him daily and was told yes. It had him running about again in about 2 weeks.

Hugh

« Reply #7 on: Oct 23, 2020, 11:46:43 AM »
Really depends what you call expensive crabbyob. The herb I understand is very cheap in India. Turmeric capsules in UK range from cheap to £15 for 100. If I continue to get pain free relief from them they are certainly worth the price. 

Hugh

« Reply #8 on: Oct 23, 2020, 12:24:08 PM »
Hi Raven just found the capsules you displayed and they were pretty much the same price as Turmeric. Any way give Mike a choice. Once I run out I will give them a try.

biglouis

« Reply #9 on: Oct 23, 2020, 12:34:49 PM »
I tried these for my joint pain but they didnt have any effect. I now use capsicum (may not have spelled it correctly) which I get from Amazon on the USA site. Its only available here on prescription. I pay about 7 dollars for a batch of 3.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Hugh

« Reply #10 on: Oct 23, 2020, 02:08:47 PM »
biglouis I didn't believe they were doing me any good and I was only taking them to use them up. But the pain I had in my knee and fingers now gone. Worth trying what Raven takes they have a good write up and not that expensive.

crabbyob

« Reply #11 on: Oct 23, 2020, 02:18:28 PM »
i have sent for some, if its good enough for Roxy's dog then i will have a go...
do you think my friend might scratch my tummy??????
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Alex22

« Reply #12 on: Oct 23, 2020, 02:32:44 PM »
We're all different of course but when I tried Glucosamine tablets, they didn't make any difference to me and I tried them twice. 
I've been taking turmeric tablets for quite a while, but you're supposed to have a break from them, so I started taking them again in September.  Although they haven't helped with my knee, I feel they do help with my hands.

crabbyob

« Reply #13 on: Oct 23, 2020, 02:48:46 PM »
in Indian cooking Tumeric is widely used, they will wipe a chicken with it before cooking, to clense it

klondike

« Reply #14 on: Oct 23, 2020, 05:28:50 PM »
Glucoseamine is one of the few health cures for want of a better term which has actually undergone some proper testing and shown a positive result.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3392795/
The results were a bit of a mixed bag though as some didn't show up as positive. I took them for a while and can't honestly say I noticed much difference.
So long and thanks for all the fish