Author Topic: This overcrowded England  (Read 1487 times)

GrannyMac

Re: This overcrowded England
« Reply #15 on: Oct 24, 2020, 10:18:14 AM »
It balances out the DM and some other news providers.  :o   I just thought the article of interest to anyone who may think skin colour=ethnicity.  Perhaps not.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Diasi

« Reply #16 on: Oct 24, 2020, 10:34:12 AM »
It balances out the DM and some other news providers.  :o   I just thought the article of interest to anyone who may think skin colour=ethnicity.  Perhaps not.

The article bears no relevance to what David G posted which was about the white indigenous British race becoming the minority in the future.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

sparky

« Reply #17 on: Oct 24, 2020, 10:54:12 AM »
All we hear from our slimy politicians is, we need to build more houses, which of course is what their greedy cronies like Bloor homes, Wimpey, etc, want to hear, NO, what we want is less Bloody people invading our country from all corners of the world, creating countless social problems for the indigenous population.

GrannyMac

« Reply #18 on: Oct 24, 2020, 12:10:27 PM »
The article bears no relevance to what David G posted which was about the white indigenous British race becoming the minority in the future.

When did relevance have a bearing on how threads pan out?

R. Gervais

klondike

« Reply #19 on: Oct 24, 2020, 01:41:34 PM »
You can say that again.
So long and thanks for all the fish

klondike

« Reply #20 on: Oct 24, 2020, 01:41:44 PM »
You can say that again.

Jacqueline

« Reply #21 on: Oct 24, 2020, 01:55:51 PM »
All we hear from our slimy politicians is, we need to build more houses, which of course is what their greedy cronies like Bloor homes, Wimpey, etc, want to hear, NO, what we want is less Bloody people invading our country from all corners of the world, creating countless social problems for the indigenous population.

They don't build the houses and they don't stop the people coming either, what use are are our slimy politicians to us at all?

klondike

« Reply #22 on: Oct 24, 2020, 02:10:37 PM »
Perhaps they should be retrained as brickies?

Jacqueline

« Reply #23 on: Oct 24, 2020, 02:57:09 PM »
My family were 100% white working class going back as far as records allow me to go. We were nothing special just an ordinary family,  my friends are all of similar backgrounds that I was brought up with and relate to, we all worked in typical working class type jobs, we did OK for ourselves and would not class ourselves as poor at all.

I am grateful that foreign doctors come to work in our NHS and other  highly skilled people that we need.  These are the only immigrants we actually want or need in my opinion.

What I do not understand why we had to import peasants from the Indian subcontinent and poor people from all corners of the world with stoneage attitudes totally at odds with our own.  They seem to have large families, these children need school places which are costing us. Why do we need their smelly kebab shops, car washes etc. I am sure we can manage quite well without them. We have enough poor working classes of our own why do we import more? When we are showed disadvantaged people on TV it is often immigrants, these people are are a drain upon us.

Letting in all the eastern Europeans has only done good for greedy bosses who gained from cheap labour and kept wages low.  We don't need any of them, and now we are out of the EU we are still lumbered with them who want to stay, including the Romas who nobody wants.

I just don't understand the logic of letting poor people or people of low education into this country, I can't see any advantage at all.

klondike

« Reply #24 on: Oct 24, 2020, 03:20:59 PM »
I just don't understand the logic of letting poor people or people of low education into this country, I can't see any advantage at all.
I'm guessing that you don't own a business reliant on  ̶s̶l̶a̶v̶e̶  cheap labour on zero hours contracts then.

Jacqueline

« Reply #25 on: Oct 24, 2020, 03:25:40 PM »
I'm guessing that you don't own a business reliant on  ̶s̶l̶a̶v̶e̶  cheap labour on zero hours contracts then.

Husband and I had a business, just the two of us.  We managed on our own did employ anyone as we could not afford to give them a decent wage.

sparky

« Reply #26 on: Oct 24, 2020, 04:30:49 PM »

I am grateful that foreign doctors come to work in our NHS and other  highly skilled people that we need.  These are the only immigrants we actually want or need in my opinion

Jacqueline, I don't want them even , and having  them to rely on, we only need them to treat the extra hoards of immigrants we are now burdened with, half of them cannot even speak English.  we should be training our own folk.
We had a far better health service in the past, before the invasion, you did not have to wait days to see a doctor, etc.

GrannyMac

« Reply #27 on: Oct 24, 2020, 04:50:13 PM »
In my parents' time, people had to pay for health care. Real poverty for so many.

Not everyone of white, English heritage has the ability to train as a doctor,  or an engineer, or a lawyer, or for various other professions.  But non Europeans who want those jobs here have to jump through very expensive hoops to get visas.  After Brexit is final, EU citizens will have to do the same.  Can't see any Roma coming here under those restrictions!

But we should really look at why some able bodied, born & bred people are long term unemployed.  There must be a valid reason? 

R. Gervais

zoony

« Reply #28 on: Oct 24, 2020, 05:08:19 PM »
There is Mac.. It makes no sense, other than moralistically, for a man/woman with a couple or three children to work 40+ hours a week on minimum wage with all that demands when the whole family can live better on benefits supplemented by the odd fiddle.. It's alright the rest of us looking down on such folk but in the absence of proper jobs and decent living wages how can we criticize?
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

klondike

« Reply #29 on: Oct 24, 2020, 05:36:42 PM »
Makes you wonder why in supposedly one of the top ten economies in the world wages are so low. Couldn't be anything to do with the ready availability of folks prepared to work on zero hour contracts for minimum wage surely?