Author Topic: Have the Leavers left yet?  (Read 473 times)

digitalis

Have the Leavers left yet?
« on: Oct 24, 2020, 02:14:31 PM »
Today I met a Romanian lorry driver. Nice guy,seemed educated. He's now bin in the country for 4 years,wife and children here too.
I asked him why he came to the UK. He said the dosh. Why not Germany,I asked. Language. He said he earned 3 -4 times what he could earn in Romania here in the UK. Said driving a lorry over there 600 euros a month. He said Lidl prices over there about the same as here,but here he could pocket much more dosh. Interesting.

Back home my mind turned to all the people who said they were going to leave if we voted OUT. I had posted that wages were lower over there,they couldnt speak the lingo etc. Still,the argument went, there were better opportunities 'over there',they wanted the opportunity to work abroad. Given 'over there' would mean a significant drop in wages,not being able to speak the lingo(thus having to accept an even a lower paid job),I wonder how many of our learned elite chose to up stake and move out east-away? I wonder,any politicians,diplomats,army generals etc. Any still thinking of going? Docs,even.

I'm happy for 'em to go. In many a respect,I'd swop a freahly arrived Calais - Dover dinghy man to export one of our EU stay Inners top earners. My Romanian(lorry driver)said that there was work to be had 'over there',just lower dosh

crabbyob

Re: Have the Leavers left yet?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24, 2020, 08:01:02 PM »
would our old age pension still be paid, cause the weather is certainly better
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

GrannyMac

« Reply #2 on: Oct 24, 2020, 08:19:12 PM »
An alternative to India Crabby?
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

digitalis

« Reply #3 on: Oct 25, 2020, 08:46:03 AM »
Just for a laugh I went to revisit Gillian Duffy and her meeting with Gordon Brown yesterday via You Tube. It was the scene where he called her a bigot. Then the out-take where it was played back to her. More fun and games when GB saw what it had all done and he held his head in his hands on the JV show. Showed just what the politicians think of their supporters. Made me chuckle anyways.

Having had my two-pennyworth I went to 'comments'. Oh dear: poor olde GD,she was hammered. All called her a racist,a bigot. She had no brains...worse came. She was the typical and undereducated Brexit voter. Not very nice comments,but I am prepared to give the critics comment. Now(it appears)we are leaving. Oh dear! All those educated people who voted IN will be left with us idiots. Time for them to up ship and move to Europe where all good come with cherries? Me wonders how they will get on in Romania,and where they will take a drop in wages of two thirds...this if they are lucky to get a job! Or get by in the lingo. Why stay with us knobs? We are all so awful.

Anyone know of any one leaving? Especially those well educated and well paid. Surely Greece and Bulgaria would welcome them all.

Maybe whole departments of the BBC could leave. Cheery bye chucks!

crabbyob

« Reply #4 on: Oct 25, 2020, 09:22:58 AM »
An alternative to India Crabby?

lol... nope... but somewhere to go in the summer... plus its just a short hop in the plane as opposed to a ten hour flight time...
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

crabbyob

« Reply #5 on: Oct 25, 2020, 09:25:44 AM »
Paul Daniels went
Garry Lineker didnt

Michael Rolls

« Reply #6 on: Oct 25, 2020, 09:53:06 AM »
Paul Daniels went
Garry Lineker didnt
Where?
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

crabbyob

« Reply #7 on: Oct 25, 2020, 10:57:34 AM »
he left, leaving no forwarding address but a few million for Debbie

Ashy

« Reply #8 on: Oct 25, 2020, 11:36:31 AM »
I like it.

Not a lot.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #9 on: Oct 25, 2020, 12:15:04 PM »
I might like it, but I don't understand it
Mike

Ashy

Michael Rolls

« Reply #11 on: Oct 25, 2020, 08:09:51 PM »
still lost

klondike

« Reply #12 on: Oct 25, 2020, 08:17:23 PM »
So long and thanks for all the fish

Michael Rolls

« Reply #13 on: Oct 25, 2020, 08:58:12 PM »
😁😁😁😁😁😁