Author Topic: Light at the end of the tunnel.  (Read 330 times)

ronyork

Light at the end of the tunnel.
« on: Oct 25, 2020, 06:28:00 AM »
.When reading news items , and watching T.V from Britain and around the world l am wondering if there is, it will certainly never be the same again, every news item is depressing with spin from all sides,who do we believe, experts from the world of football and racing ex ministers and the like now the church climbing onboard all putting their four penneth in. How many demonstrations can we expect in our streets to make the situation worse, l think our government are doing all they can to help the situation and backing should come from all quarters, Change must come , people must become more responsible and get priorities right ,     
 Here endith the lesson, Ron York,

Hugh

Re: Light at the end of the tunnel.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 25, 2020, 09:02:31 AM »
I agree with what you say Ron. Because many people are not obeying simple rules this winter going to be very long, and many people will die. Spring we may see a light at the end of the tunnel.

crabbyob

« Reply #2 on: Oct 25, 2020, 11:08:06 AM »
at least we have entered the tunnel  ;D  so many never made it this far...

as the old sarge used to say "if you hear the bang then the bullet has missed you"
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Diasi

« Reply #3 on: Oct 25, 2020, 11:33:00 AM »
I agree with what you say Ron. Because many people are not obeying simple rules this winter going to be very long, and many people will die. Spring we may see a light at the end of the tunnel.

And some people will die because they don't get the medical diagnosis or treatment that they need.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

crabbyob

« Reply #4 on: Oct 25, 2020, 11:38:48 AM »
it has always been so
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Michael Rolls

« Reply #5 on: Oct 25, 2020, 12:14:12 PM »
it has always been so
No, not to this extent - the degree to which the NHS has become a National Covid Service is a total and utter disgrace - and now we are are being told it may be overwhelmed by a second wave? They have 6 months to prepare - what the HELL have they been up to?
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Jacqueline

« Reply #6 on: Oct 25, 2020, 12:31:38 PM »
As I said on a previous post, our NHS is in crisis every winter, Whats new?

Diasi

« Reply #7 on: Oct 25, 2020, 01:08:25 PM »
As I said on a previous post, our NHS is in crisis every winter, Whats new?

It's very concerning to realise that you can't rely on any help.

They have 6 months to prepare - what the HELL have they been up to?
Mike

Probably busy recruiting more fast-track graduates with useless degrees.

You must have met a few in your career.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Ashy

« Reply #8 on: Oct 25, 2020, 01:17:29 PM »
They have been in the news for recruiting diversity officers on astronomical salaries, if I remember correctly. I wonder who got the jobs?

klondike

« Reply #9 on: Oct 25, 2020, 03:35:14 PM »

No, not to this extent - the degree to which the NHS has become a National Covid Service is a total and utter disgrace
Funny you should mention that. I didn't know whether or not to post this article from lockdown sceptics but as it covers that point I will....
https://lockdownsceptics.org/2020/10/25/latest-news-173/#nhs-refused-to-treat-elderly-patients-during-lockdown
So long and thanks for all the fish

biglouis

« Reply #10 on: Oct 25, 2020, 03:54:25 PM »
Thanks, some very interesting articles there which Ive sent on to others on my mailing list.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

klondike

So long and thanks for all the fish

Diasi

« Reply #12 on: Oct 25, 2020, 04:22:48 PM »
Funny how the age groups that have paid into the system the longest were the ones to be excluded from treatment.