Author Topic: lock down how are you coping,?  (Read 16805 times)

Michael Rolls

Re: lock down how are you coping,?
« Reply #60 on: Oct 27, 2020, 05:39:03 PM »
we were looking for words mike
not cartoons.. ;D
😁😁😁😁😁👍👍👍👍
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

granny moss

« Reply #61 on: Oct 28, 2020, 08:15:41 AM »
Not coping very well....These last few days I cannot seem to be getting motivated....and notice loss of appetite :'( Lost interest in watching anything or even listening to music....I just do the minimal and sit in my chair falling on and off of sleep....

I am feeling very lethargic.   I badly need some motivation.... I know this could be the beginning of a slippery slope.....to somewhere I do not want to be.

All my inspiration and aspirations vanishing.  I feel alone and abandoned....  I am telling myself off all the time, for feeling like this.  I am so lucky and should NOT feel miserable.   

Is it my mind going sick ?  I hope this will not last.  It is not a good place to be.  Normally I am so contented.  Is it the beginning of some mental sickness?   I hope not.    I will try hard to start painting again.  I must.  Lockdown is such a horrible situation.   All the people suffering   hardship and trapped into their homes....
The sun is coming up !   At least it will be a sunny day....and the peacock has come back in the garden......It's tail beginning to grow again :D gmx   

Scrumpy

« Reply #62 on: Oct 28, 2020, 08:20:49 AM »

The beautiful peacock visits YOU Granny Moss.. They are very selective when choosing a human to visit....
  He is coming to show you his new tail..  xx
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Traveller

« Reply #63 on: Oct 28, 2020, 11:45:57 AM »
I'm sure that somebody on a local farm has a peacock as occasionally we hear one calling.   Many years ago after I left my job in IT, got a job as a school janitor (just to keep me occupied).  One day, the PE teacher said there was a 'peacock' on the playing field.  I went for a look, and sure enough, there was a - Golden pheasant!

We've got plenty to do here, but not the inspiration to do it.  Although there have been no cases in this area and on the surface, everything looks normal - it isn't.  It's a mental thing - constantly being bombarded with gloom and doom and starting to wonder if we will ever get back to 'normal'.

Still, got to stay positive.  At least Earth hasn't been struck by a rogue asteroid.
You'll have had your tea.

Ashy

« Reply #64 on: Oct 28, 2020, 12:08:08 PM »
I only get squirrels, and the odd cat/fox with a bad stomach.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #65 on: Oct 28, 2020, 12:09:19 PM »
I must say that I share the doom and gloom feeling - what infuriates me is the sledgehammer approach by the four governments, each - despite virtue signalling - refusing even to acknowledge other than by lip service that covid is a highly selective condition, far, far more deadly against the elderly and those with serious pre-conditions than the vast majority of the population. They seem to regard every man woman and child as the very reincarnation of Typhoid Mary.
And as for the arrogant thugs in Wales, who have taken in upon themselves to decide what ostensibly mature adults may and may not buy in the shops, words, other than foul-mouthed obscenities, fail me
Mike

zoony

« Reply #66 on: Oct 28, 2020, 12:10:39 PM »
There's a village in Sussex with 'four or five' wild peacocks which make a lot of noise and mess and tear up gardens etc.. Some love 'em, some want 'em gone..The name of the village?.. Henfield..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Hugh

« Reply #67 on: Oct 28, 2020, 12:10:44 PM »
How easy it is cope with covid depends on where you live and out door space. So I am really lucky in all respects. Although we are only in tier 2 at the moment I have to act, and live to a much higher tier. I am in the very high risk because of my blood condition. Just been informed I have to have a bone marrow sample taken, which will be my third over the last few years. I take a calculated risk once a week when I play golf otherwise I stay pretty much in isolation with my little dog as company.

Hugh

« Reply #68 on: Oct 28, 2020, 12:18:38 PM »
Herd immunity which they say cannot work, in the shanty towns of South Africa, its certainly working, where keeping any form of isolation pretty much impossible.

richmond62

« Reply #69 on: Oct 28, 2020, 12:31:24 PM »
The Ministry of Miseducation here in Bulgaria has just shut down all the schools: thank God I've got a week's holiday to
transfer my whole language school online (again).

Of course the F*^%$#s have stated this is "just until 12 November", mainly because they like keeping everyone guessing
and on edge: presumably that's not so.

The Prime Minister has got coronavirus: let's hope it kills him.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #70 on: Oct 28, 2020, 12:32:05 PM »
I'm beginning to think that it is only a matter of time before we see rampant civil disobedience over all this. The emotive 'don't kill your granny' does at least have an element of truth about it - young people are at very v4ry low risk, but can act as carriers to elderly relatives at much higher risk.
There was an interesting letter about this in the paper a few days ago. Don't know how accurate the guys figures were, but he reckoned that you could round up all those at high risk and were willing to participate, house them in luxury hotels (those not taken over by illegals) for a tiny fraction of the money being thrown away refusing to recognise that the virus is scarcely a threat to the majority
Mike

richmond62

« Reply #71 on: Oct 28, 2020, 12:34:33 PM »
If it is any comfort to anyone living inwith Great Britain: the people and the goernment of Bulgaria are proving
that they are even greater prawns re this plague than people in Britain.

From an extremely snobbish, unchristian point of view I find myself hoping that the corona-virus
will finish off the epsilon semi-morons.

But:

1. I know that the corona-virus does not check anyone's IQ before it wops them.

2. If it did kill off all the epsilon semi-morons I'd be the one who ended up cleaning the public bogs.   :P

crabbyob

« Reply #72 on: Oct 28, 2020, 12:55:33 PM »
i hope i havent mentioned this before, but here in Bar Hill Cambs i saw a black squirrel last year, my friend was quite excited last week, inside just a few days she saw a 'brood' of pheasants, about twenty  [i was driving and there were upwards of a dozen, two adults and their brood, next day she saw her first deer, again i was driving and saw something, then on her own she saw a black squirrel...
i know this is not covid related, but who cares, i may even have made a spelling mistake, which is not at all like me  ;D ;D ;D
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

klondike

« Reply #73 on: Oct 28, 2020, 02:50:45 PM »
Did that black squirrel look anything like this one?  ;D
So long and thanks for all the fish

zoony

« Reply #74 on: Oct 28, 2020, 02:58:54 PM »
 ;D .. Apropos of nowt really but I read that Australian researchers have claimed that the Covid bug can live up to 28 days on the surface of a mobile phone.. Hope they tell the kids..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.