Author Topic: lock down how are you coping,?  (Read 16804 times)

zoony

Re: lock down how are you coping,?
« Reply #30 on: Oct 25, 2020, 06:34:42 PM »
“What a pity you saved for a private pension& don’t get pension credit..”

Bloody disgusting.. Losers become the winners..

So your opinion seems to be that anybody who qualifies for pension credit is a 'loser'..or am I reading that wrong?
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Alfred

« Reply #31 on: Oct 25, 2020, 06:37:17 PM »
Hello Diasi

I'm sorry to hear of  the problems your having, how ever its nice to read of a real hero, so good luck, and wishing and hoping you'll get all the help you and your lovely wife  so deservedly need,

best wishes
Alfred,

Alfred

« Reply #32 on: Oct 25, 2020, 06:41:29 PM »
my thoughts also go out to all the other forum members who also have had or need help ,
so lets hope the government gets it act together and push more money into the N.H.S putting money where it is badly needed.

granny moss

« Reply #33 on: Oct 25, 2020, 07:20:11 PM »
Just had my first grandson on the video 'phone.   He had a job to keep away his tears.  He is alone, in a very hard lock down town. He is young and alone, and it is so heart breaking to see him like that.  I made him laugh, and told him that we all loved him very much.

We shall keep in touch with him because the loneliness and lockdown is beginning to trouble his mind.I am getting worried at the position so many people, young and old, that are alone in this pandemic.  As time goes by, I do not know how they will cope.

My son and daughter in law are coming to visit and they will be in the garden, and I on my chair, by the door.   A short visit, and it feels so unreal.

This virus has changed  our lives forever.  gmx

Scrumpy

« Reply #34 on: Oct 25, 2020, 08:29:23 PM »

So your opinion seems to be that anybody who qualifies for pension credit is a 'loser'..or am I reading that wrong?

Ok.. Perhaps I should have said .. Bloody disgusting.. Losers and winners..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Alex22

« Reply #35 on: Oct 25, 2020, 08:37:25 PM »
I find it varies, some days I'm ok other days I'm really down.   Summer months were better when I could be out in the garden.

Scrumpy

« Reply #36 on: Oct 25, 2020, 08:42:57 PM »
Alex.. Me and my mates are feeling like that.. The lockdown we handled well.. We chatted.. shared homemade cake and the summer was on its way.. But, It has all changed.. Some days I am sad.. and another day I buck up.. I went to a big garden centre today..so did a lot of other people.. I guess being a Sunday didn’t help.. I was happy to get home..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Diasi

« Reply #37 on: Oct 25, 2020, 10:24:10 PM »
Hello Diasi

I'm sorry to hear of  the problems your having, how ever its nice to read of a real hero, so good luck, and wishing and hoping you'll get all the help you and your lovely wife  so deservedly need,

best wishes
Alfred,

Many thanks Alfred, I'm upbeat most of the the time but I no longer think that any of our age group can rely on help when we need it, when the money is needed to cater for illegal immigrants.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

biglouis

« Reply #38 on: Oct 25, 2020, 11:55:59 PM »
Some posters here have made snide remarks because I post about running a business from time to time. It is the thought of other people relying upon me which gets me out of bed and keeps me going when I feel lousy. There is nothing wrong with dusting and hoovering if thats what floats your boat.  But it just would not cut it for me so I would probably just stay in bed and let the place rot.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Scrumpy

« Reply #39 on: Oct 26, 2020, 09:09:32 AM »

I try to keep positive.. I am able to get about .. have family and friends nearby.. I feel sad for those  , young or old, that are lonely.. It is not everyones cup of tea to look at a tv for many hours.. It helps that I have a garden and the sun is shining..
There are some days when going out is not possible.. ,when the skies are full of rain..

I was a bit peed off last night.. Went into the bathroom to use the toilet and the damn thing would not flush.. That meant a phone call to the company I have cover with.. I had to do two trips to the downstairs loo in the night.. I needed the loo early this morning so decided to get up , shower and have breakfast.. I checked the bathroom loo at some point and the bloody thing was working.. It seems that I had tried to flush it before the cistern was full..

Michael Rolls

« Reply #40 on: Oct 26, 2020, 09:15:09 AM »
Check that policy - I had one with Homeserve. One of the toilets gave a problem and I phoned them. 'Is it your only toilet?' I was asked 'No' 'Then it's not an emergency. We only cover emergencies'
More than somewhat miffed - I've had the policy for over ten years and this was the first time I had called on it - I read it very carefully and it made no mention of what I had been told, in fact quite the reverse. I promptly cancelled the policy and made them pay for the plumber whom I had had to call out.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Jacqueline

« Reply #41 on: Oct 26, 2020, 10:56:03 AM »
This Welsh lockdown is worse than the first, its winter and dark early. 

But on first lockdown was hardly any traffic, by the sounds of it this time no difference, business as usual? are others abiding by the rules? not allowed out to find out.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #42 on: Oct 26, 2020, 11:16:41 AM »
I’m beginning to think your FM - already forgotten the idiotic man’s name - seems to be power crazy
Mike

Scrumpy

« Reply #43 on: Oct 26, 2020, 01:48:59 PM »

Check that policy - I had one with Homeserve. One of the toilets gave a problem and I phoned them. 'Is it your only toilet?' I was asked 'No' 'Then it's not an emergency. We only cover emergencies'
More than somewhat miffed - I've had the policy for over ten years and this was the first time I had called on it - I read it very carefully and it made no mention of what I had been told, in fact quite the reverse. I promptly cancelled the policy and made them pay for the plumber whom I had had to call out.
Mike

I too have Homeserve..  I wouldn't expect them to even treat it as an emergency.. They are brilliant , in my opinion.. I have called them out just once and there as no quibble.. The plumber who came out lived a couple of streets away.. What a result..!!

Michael Rolls

« Reply #44 on: Oct 26, 2020, 01:51:44 PM »
Glad to hear it!
Mike