Author Topic: lads lockdown  (Read 335 times)

crabbyob

lads lockdown
« on: Nov 02, 2020, 04:16:52 PM »
Image may contain: one or more people, text that says 'ㅇ… Once more, men are suffering the most compared to women. No more lads, no more restaurant, no more pub, no more football... While women can still live their normal lives: cleaning, ironing, cooking, washing dishes and clothes, tidying and whinging... 1 12 Tweet your reply'
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Jacqueline

Re: lads lockdown
« Reply #1 on: Nov 02, 2020, 04:45:07 PM »
How true!  I am sure my eldest son would agree!!! daughter in law would put him right though!!!!

Hugh

« Reply #2 on: Nov 02, 2020, 05:23:35 PM »
A lot of MPs must enjoy golf because so many have brought that up with the PM. I agree with them, because its one place us elderly and vulnerable can can exercise in complete safety, and escape from isolation. I live on my own so I will certainly miss being with people being in the same boat as myself.   

zoony

« Reply #3 on: Nov 02, 2020, 05:36:57 PM »
I don't mind if they open golf courses but how many would go? No bar, no restaurant, locker rooms closed assumedly, no mixing, no caddies..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

klondike

« Reply #4 on: Nov 02, 2020, 07:16:52 PM »
No caddies? You must have seen posher golf clubs than there are around here. I see no reason why they need to shut. Nor tennis clubs or any other outdoor sports venues for non contact sports.

Of course at the end of the day I see no reason for any lockdown given the figures it was based on have already been massively revised down and there is no proof that any lockdown anywhere made much of an impact on the progress of the epidemic.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Raven

« Reply #5 on: Nov 02, 2020, 07:18:47 PM »
A lot of MPs must enjoy golf because so many have brought that up with the PM. I agree with them, because its one place us elderly and vulnerable can can exercise in complete safety, and escape from isolation. I live on my own so I will certainly miss being with people being in the same boat as myself.

Hugh, Are you still going to Bannatynes for a workout and swim? Not heard you mention it for a while now.

Hugh

« Reply #6 on: Nov 03, 2020, 02:26:13 PM »
No Raven with the virus pretty high, and me being in the very high risk group just not worth the risk. Also with the steam room closed and the jacuzzi limited to two just not worth going.

Sheila

« Reply #7 on: Nov 03, 2020, 02:40:30 PM »
I was chatting to one of my daughters on the phone and she was saying that my granddaughter's dance classes are stopping again, as are my grandsons football matches.  I can understand the dance classes but football?  The children are mixing all day in school so I would have thought that football in the open air was reasonably safe and healthy.

He turned into a right grump last lockdown when he couldn't see his friends or play football. 

klondike

« Reply #8 on: Nov 03, 2020, 02:42:19 PM »
Considering the whole thing has been called on the dodgiest of dodgy data don't go expecting to find any logic in individual rules.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Hugh

« Reply #9 on: Nov 03, 2020, 02:51:44 PM »
The lock down got pushed on Boris I am pretty sure he did not want it. Zoony most golfer just go for a game and do not go near the club house. May be different at weekends when the younger player turn out.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #10 on: Nov 03, 2020, 03:07:16 PM »
so its not safe for children to play soccer or Rugby in the fresh air, but it's OK for them to be ferried back and forth in the taxi service of dad and mum, mix in close proximity with their peers, pick up, but not be affected by, the virus, back in the taxi of M&D, take the virus home and donate it to the adult members of the family. Somehow that doesn't impress me
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!