Author Topic: Stupid!  (Read 562 times)

Michael Rolls

Stupid!
« on: Nov 03, 2020, 06:26:53 AM »
I still don’t know how it happened. Our front door is reached by a ramp which passes the lounge window. I saw the Tesco delivery man coming up the ramp just after two and I must have got up and answered and opened the door, but I have no memory of so doing. The next thing I remember, I was on my hands and knees facing away from the door, trying to get up, but just pitched forward on my face.

Luckily, my brother in law Paul was at next door sorting out his cistern for our neighbour and the delivery man fetched them over and they got me onto my feet and sat me on the recliner settee where I stayed unto Paul phoned to check on me at quarter to nine. After talking to him I went to bed.

As I have a two-inch cut on the top of my skull, I think I must have turned away from the door after opening it, perhaps caught my foot in the rug and fallen against the edge of the doorframe or the door itself and fallen from there which would explain why I came round facing away from the door.

Needless to say, the rug has to go!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Raven

Re: Stupid!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 03, 2020, 06:50:10 AM »
Oh Gawd Mike  :o  you were so lucky there was help around. My mum fell over her rugs a few times and I ended up having to take them away. Hope you feel better soon, take care.

richmond62

« Reply #2 on: Nov 03, 2020, 08:14:06 AM »
What can I say: there but for the grace of God go all of us.

Get better quickly.

Love, Richmond.

GrannyMac

« Reply #3 on: Nov 03, 2020, 08:40:48 AM »
Scary Mike.  I hope you feel a bit better today.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Michael Rolls

« Reply #4 on: Nov 03, 2020, 08:51:33 AM »
I'm still a bit shaky, but it could have been a lot worse - the rug goes to the charity shop! It was really odd - I was presumably out of things only for moments - come to think of it - by the time I came round Paul and Ally (neighbour) were at the door so it must have been at least a couple of minutes or more for the driver to have fetched them unless they were already outside - the two houses are at right angles to one another and only about 40 yards apart front door to front door
Mike

Diasi

« Reply #5 on: Nov 03, 2020, 08:54:42 AM »
That sounds like a close call Mike & it must be a real worry for those who live on their own.

From now on no jumping up & dashing to the door, if you miss a delivery then so what.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Scrumpy

« Reply #6 on: Nov 03, 2020, 08:59:26 AM »

... and stay off the drink.  x
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

klondike

« Reply #7 on: Nov 03, 2020, 09:10:55 AM »
Cruel  :)

Chin up Mike and thank your lucky stars there were folks around to help. I certainly get increasingly clumsy as I get older myself.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Michael Rolls

« Reply #8 on: Nov 03, 2020, 09:13:16 AM »
It’s not the first time that I have tripped on that rug, although it has never caused me to fall before, just stagger. Should have heeded the warning
Mike

Michael Rolls

« Reply #9 on: Nov 03, 2020, 09:14:55 AM »
Cruel  :)

Chin up Mike and thank your lucky stars there were folks around to help. I certainly get increasingly clumsy as I get older myself.
Must admit, so do I. What is frustrating is that I can’t remember what actually happened, although it scarcely matters now
Mike

Michael Rolls

« Reply #10 on: Nov 03, 2020, 09:15:32 AM »

... and stay off the drink.  x
😁😁👍👍

Alex22

« Reply #11 on: Nov 03, 2020, 02:01:26 PM »
Right !  that's my rug moved from the front door, well better to be safe than sorry.  I hope you're feeling ok now Mike 👍 

Michael Rolls

« Reply #12 on: Nov 03, 2020, 02:10:36 PM »
I'm fine now, thanks - but cursing my stupidity in not moving the rug ages ago
Mike

Michael Rolls

« Reply #13 on: Nov 03, 2020, 03:15:47 PM »
Good Lord. Just been speaking with Paul, brother in law. Because he and neighbour Ally were there when I came round, and he had been sorting out a plumbing problem for Ally, I had assumed he was just yards away - not so - he had driven off and was ten miles away when Ally phoned him with what had happened - I must have been out cold for quarter of an hour or so
Mike

zoony

« Reply #14 on: Nov 03, 2020, 03:28:34 PM »
Mike.. Just to be safe.. This is a head injury assessment tool.. Just a quick check..

https://www.mybraintest.org/concussion-test-online/
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.