Author Topic: Trolls  (Read 7206 times)

Temperence

Re: Trolls
« Reply #45 on: Nov 08, 2020, 05:37:28 PM »
thefrontline workers including  cleaners who are out there scrubbing and disinfecting, have more worth than someone being paid to do some poncey project or other online from the safety of home during this pandemic.  Hows that for working class snobbery?

Your response merely serves to illustrate the points I made.

Until robots become a lot more sophisticated (and that may not be too far into the future at the current rate of technology) there will always be service work that has to be done by humans. That doesn't make the work or those who do it any more or less worthy than work done online or from the home. To buy food in the shops you need money in your account, on your debit or credit card or in your pocket. That money gets there via the work of "poncy" people who work in banks, card companies, and call centers.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

zoony

« Reply #46 on: Nov 08, 2020, 05:41:43 PM »
At least it wasn't popcorn.

I dislike unjustified criticism of the forum and forum members in general and will never just keep my silence when it is expressed.

As soon as it's my turn for the brain cell I shall be the same..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

GrannyMac

« Reply #47 on: Nov 08, 2020, 05:47:53 PM »
The tone is sorta reminiscent of another poster..

I think we get along pretty well on here as a rule.  We don't all think alike, we have very different life experiences and expectations of the forum.  After being a moderator on a huge forum, this one is far less nasty.  And it has far fewer duplicate members! 😉

As I'm drinking wine at the moment, you can keep the brain cell zoony.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

klondike

« Reply #48 on: Nov 08, 2020, 05:50:09 PM »
I sometimes let people wind me up. Not that I regret at all anything I've posted today. As I said when I got some stick about a response I made before. They got the responses that they deserved.
So long and thanks for all the fish

zoony

« Reply #49 on: Nov 08, 2020, 05:54:51 PM »

I think we get along pretty well on here as a rule.  We don't all think alike, we have very different life experiences and expectations of the forum.  After being a moderator on a huge forum, this one is far less nasty.  And it has far fewer duplicate members! 😉

As I'm drinking wine at the moment, you can keep the brain cell zoony.

I've not had it yet!.  Might join you for a moon-upper though..

cowboy wisdom.

klondike

« Reply #50 on: Nov 08, 2020, 05:57:00 PM »
The result appears to be pretty much the opposite though.

Jacqueline

« Reply #51 on: Nov 08, 2020, 05:59:02 PM »

Your response merely serves to illustrate the points I made.

Until robots become a lot more sophisticated (and that may not be too far into the future at the current rate of technology) there will always be service work that has to be done by humans. That doesn't make the work or those who do it any more or less worthy than work done online or from the home. To buy food in the shops you need money in your account, on your debit or credit card or in your pocket. That money gets there via the work of "poncy" people who work in banks, card companies, and call centers.

I am not talking about real workers here, its  their bosses who are sitting at home finding ways to cut jobs and put everything online, knock out the real person, one example of a poncey project.

Alex22

« Reply #52 on: Nov 08, 2020, 06:04:33 PM »
Temperance must have plenty of free time to find the "scouse cleaner" comment from
five weeks ago, a comment/thread I'd already forgotten about.   

zoony

« Reply #53 on: Nov 08, 2020, 06:09:25 PM »
" The tone is sorta reminiscent of another poster.."

Actually Mac I was having the same thought..

cowboy wisdom.

Temperence

« Reply #54 on: Nov 08, 2020, 06:13:56 PM »
Jacqueline, a short time ago you were the subject of a pretty vicious witch hunt because you admitted to being a smoker. No doubt you found that an upsetting experience to be bullied in that way. So now you know how it feels to be attacked by a whole bunch people for dropping an injudicious remark. Next time you are tempted to come in and do the same as poster C D E or F maybe think about how it feels, and just as importantly, how it makes you appear.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Jacqueline

« Reply #55 on: Nov 08, 2020, 06:31:58 PM »
Jacqueline, a short time ago you were the subject of a pretty vicious witch hunt because you admitted to being a smoker. No doubt you found that an upsetting experience to be bullied in that way. So now you know how it feels to be attacked by a whole bunch people for dropping an injudicious remark. Next time you are tempted to come in and do the same as poster C D E or F maybe think about how it feels, and just as importantly, how it makes you appear.

Sorry You have the wrong person here, it wasn't me I don't smoke.  But I take on board what you say, I would never trade personal insults.

klondike

« Reply #56 on: Nov 08, 2020, 06:34:36 PM »
Deja vu but not deja pooh as it could well be but clearly the skillset is in decline if so...

http://www.pensionersforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,25631.msg515236.html#msg515236

Scrumpy

« Reply #57 on: Nov 08, 2020, 06:59:55 PM »

Me too.. 
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

GrannyMac

« Reply #58 on: Nov 08, 2020, 07:14:46 PM »
Deja vu but not deja pooh as it could well be but clearly the skillset is in decline if so...

http://www.pensionersforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,25631.msg515236.html#msg515236

Not UP. No.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Scrumpy

« Reply #59 on: Nov 08, 2020, 07:35:25 PM »
[quote author=Temperence link=topic=25768.msg520395#msg520

Interestingly 3 posters (Xetog, Scrumpy, and Ashy) did have the  intelligence to recognise that no offence was intended by the original remark. However none of them challenged poster B or the sinister little clique for their mistake.

However none of them challenged poster B or the sinister little clique for their mistake..
Why would I challenge poster B aka Alex.. Or the ‘sinister little clique ‘ as you describe them. ? If remarks said by another offended them who am I to to say otherwise.

Thank you for the intelligence label.. I am well happy..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.