Author Topic: Trolls  (Read 7166 times)

Hugh

Re: Trolls
« Reply #30 on: Nov 08, 2020, 02:39:16 PM »
Keep looking em but you will not find anything sinister on this forum.

Just what would this forum be like without our Brian ??? ??? ??? ??? ;D

crabbyob

« Reply #31 on: Nov 08, 2020, 02:39:37 PM »
i refuse to be cliqued, it sounds French, therefore distasteful, i voted for Brexit to get away from cliques.
ok things can be serious but we dont have that long so i have no time to be serious..
Tha's got to calm down lass, thas spent too much time on 't moors bar tat....
chill out and try an enjoy our attempt at wit, or in some cases half attempts
when i were a lad down t'pit wi my snap tin under me arm, i aspired to be a cleaner...as did my peers
so enjoy what you do, and ignore if you must the rest of the drivel...

“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Diasi

« Reply #32 on: Nov 08, 2020, 02:40:34 PM »

Mind you I have read that some would like to dispose of some others.. and it wasn't our Brian.. I don't think he is packing a gun..  ;D

Well probably not a big gun. ;D

Maybe Brian could post whether or not he likes the well-intentioned banter & if he says it offends him we'll offer him our genuine apologies & desist.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

klondike

« Reply #33 on: Nov 08, 2020, 02:50:37 PM »
I will but only if he, in turn, desists repeating himself.

He has got shirty in the past. I don't recall exactly what he said so may have a problem finding an example.

Everybody has the option of reporting posts that the disapprove of of course.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Temperence

« Reply #34 on: Nov 08, 2020, 03:41:34 PM »
The biggest misunderstanding of all comes from not knowing the posters here and proceeding to rather frequently offer criticism due to that lack of understanding. Absolutely none of the regulars will be in any way surprised by that thread.

Perhaps instead some of the so called regulars need to take a step back and look at how they appear to someone with a fresh pair of eyes. Twisting and distorting something someone has said in one post because you disagree with things they have said on other threads is poor posting practice and shows malice rather than humour.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

GrannyMac

« Reply #35 on: Nov 08, 2020, 04:18:40 PM »
I hadn't previously seen the response from the OP on that thread but it didn't surprise me. Pretending to be the cleaner, gardener, handyman or whatever isn't offensive.  But the assumption they'd have a rougher accent is.

If someone regularly suggests they are superior, its hardly surprising that other posters react.   
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

klondike

« Reply #36 on: Nov 08, 2020, 04:23:01 PM »
If someone regularly suggests they are superior, its hardly surprising that other posters react.
Which is precisely what I meant by the thread not being in the least surprising to regulars along with the single brain cell between us comment which is a frequently heard from Poster A.

zoony

« Reply #37 on: Nov 08, 2020, 04:28:30 PM »
  I've put the kettle on.. Biccie anybody?
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

GrannyMac

« Reply #38 on: Nov 08, 2020, 04:29:53 PM »
Just had a ginger snap, ta zoony.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

klondike

« Reply #39 on: Nov 08, 2020, 04:31:52 PM »
At least it wasn't popcorn.

I dislike unjustified criticism of the forum and forum members in general and will never just keep my silence when it is expressed.

Temperence

« Reply #40 on: Nov 08, 2020, 04:37:45 PM »
Pretending to be the cleaner, gardener, handyman or whatever isn't offensive.  But the assumption they'd have a rougher accent is.

I dont know any cleaners who speak with a BBC accent. Some of my clients have a stronger "local" accent than I do. One speaks broken English. Again, that comes across to me as a rather petty example of reverse snobbery.

Or a case of "give a dog a bad name".  I dont like what they said last week so Ill look for something this week I can kick them for.

Kids in the schoolyard,

klondike

« Reply #41 on: Nov 08, 2020, 04:57:22 PM »
I dont like what they said last week so Ill look for something this week I can kick them for.
You can be sure that we will all be waiting with bated breath for your judgement upon us.

Temperence

« Reply #42 on: Nov 08, 2020, 05:06:01 PM »
You have not really responded to the comments I made.

Jacqueline

« Reply #43 on: Nov 08, 2020, 05:08:52 PM »

Well I may not have been fully aware of Brian's "history" but this thread was a shameful example of a witch hunt concerning something I do know about - being a cleaner:-

http://www.pensionersforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,25448.0.html

Poster A makes a light hearted throwaway remark to the previous explaining her technique of posing as a cleaner with a scouse accent to deter cold callers.

There is nothing in the least disrespectful to cleaners about this advice. I can’t recall how many times Ive told an unwanted caller that I’m the cleaner/housekeeper in order to terminate the conversation and continue with my work. Interestingly A's own cleaner confirmed that she does this.

Poster B takes the remark completely out of context, twists and distorts it in a manner which appears at best, foolish and at worst, malicious.

Posters C, D, E et. al. then follow up in a noisy little claque chanting on about how their great aunt fanny was a cleaner etc in a wondrous display of reverse snobbery. This came across as far more patronising to cleaners than anything A had implied.

Interestingly 3 posters (Xetog, Scrumpy, and Ashy) did have the  intelligence to recognise that no offence was intended by the original remark. However none of them challenged poster B or the sinister little clique for their mistake.

Then some are astonished that poster A gets annoyed at such misappropriation of their innocent remark and refers to a bunch of posters as operating with only 1 brain cell between them!

Mine was one of those C D E posts to say I had various cleaning jobs in my time and never been to proud to do any work.  Take it as you like.

Nothing to do with the thread in question, but relevant for now.  In my humble opinion thefrontline workers including  cleaners who are out there scrubbing and disinfecting, have more worth than someone being paid to do some poncey project or other online from the safety of home during this pandemic.  Hows that for working class snobbery?

klondike

« Reply #44 on: Nov 08, 2020, 05:12:19 PM »
You have not really responded to the comments I made.
Two points.
I didn't consider them worth a response.
I didn't realise it was obligitary.

Sorry three.
You are fast approaching the point where I will put you on ignore.