Author Topic: Pandemic Thoughts  (Read 224 times)

prestbury

Pandemic Thoughts
« on: Nov 09, 2020, 01:19:58 PM »
 My take on the current Pandemic

I still cannot get it into my head that people’s survival instinct told them to grab toilet Rolls

At the Supermarket there was a big X by the till. I’ve seen too many Road Runner cartoons to fall for that one.

The daftest present I was given last Christmas was a 2020 year planner

They said a mask and gloves were enough to go to the supermarket. They lied, everyone else had clothes on.

Ladies (and Gents where applicable), Keep in mind that no matter how much chocolate you eat, your earrings will still fit.

Having some Counties lock down and some Counties not lock down is like having a peeing section in the swimming pool.

When does Season 3 of 2020 start? I’ve not been keen on Seasons 1 & 2 so far.

I never thought that the comment “I wouldn’t touch him/her with a 6’ barge pole would become national policy” but here we are.

Ashy

Re: Pandemic Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: Nov 09, 2020, 02:27:39 PM »
Many a true word spoke in jest. :)

klondike

« Reply #2 on: Nov 09, 2020, 02:51:22 PM »
I'm glad somebody at least was paying attention. From the sodding traffic going past mine today very few are. Where are they all going? Of greater importance am I missing out?
So long and thanks for all the fish

Ashy

« Reply #3 on: Nov 09, 2020, 03:09:56 PM »
My take on the current Pandemic

I still cannot get it into my head that people’s survival instinct told them to grab toilet Rolls

I think there was a misunderstanding. People were given the impression that they were not allowed out for several weeks, which was not the case. Bear in mind they cleared the shops out of almost everything else as well.

klondike

« Reply #4 on: Nov 09, 2020, 03:21:42 PM »
Based on that bog rolls I can just about understand but pasta FFS??? Were the reading nutty yank survivalist websites?

The story I read/heard/Brianed was that it started in Oz who apparently get all their tissue paper from China and thought there might be a problem getting it.

Whatever it was you can be sure that Facebook spread the [censored].
So long and thanks for all the fish

Ashy

« Reply #5 on: Nov 09, 2020, 03:34:31 PM »
Hard to know what goes on in other people's minds, because as you say it was the same in Australia, there was a man killed or injured when the toilet paper fell on him. Pasta keep a long time but it's not much good on its own, but I can see the attraction. The masses must have been given - I say given - the idea that no shop would open for the duration.