Author Topic: Black Friday Sales.  (Read 1740 times)

Michael Rolls

Re: Black Friday Sales.
« Reply #30 on: Nov 21, 2020, 10:12:34 AM »
Don’t tempt me!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

klondike

« Reply #31 on: Nov 21, 2020, 10:30:07 AM »
If it's the one I'm guessing then that is fine to use so long as you are black (or whatever is woke today).
So long and thanks for all the fish

Raven

« Reply #32 on: Nov 21, 2020, 11:55:48 AM »
I'm actually surprised it's still called Black Friday, as it might upset some silly ass.

Coastal

« Reply #33 on: Nov 21, 2020, 01:03:56 PM »
I'm actually surprised it's still called Black Friday, as it might upset some silly ass.

As a silly ass I find your comment deeply offensive
Hell hath no fury like a woman .......

Raven

« Reply #34 on: Nov 21, 2020, 03:49:57 PM »
As a silly ass I find your comment deeply offensive

Oh Dear, How Sad, Never Mind.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

granny moss

« Reply #35 on: Nov 23, 2020, 06:15:21 AM »
Always avoided pushing scrambling madness of crowds waiting for the sales, shows and other events..... Bought the things only when I needed them,and  whatever the price....  and bought items in the sales when the mad scrambling was over.   Managed to find what I needed.

My favourite shops, were charity shops. Found bargains of clothing still with shop tickets on....and new shoes still in the boxes....Travelled first class. It was worth the extra pennies....

Never used public toilets...Used to go in best restaurants, have tea and a scone and use well cleaned WCs. Avoid crowds like the plague :D :D :D gmx

biglouis

« Reply #36 on: Nov 23, 2020, 08:12:26 PM »
I hate crowds too. Always travelled off season to avoid them. The only thing I find in favour of travelling by air is that it gets you there quickly. You can find yourself sitting with someone who is a pain in the ass. The headphones are your best friend.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

granny moss

« Reply #37 on: Nov 24, 2020, 05:14:42 AM »
I used to fly to Italy for the shoes sales.....Go on Thursday, back on Sunday....bed and breakfast at CASA RENATA !  Lovely husband and wife place and such a welcome !!!! We became friends and still keep in touch. In Pescara, the Regent hotel did B&B, and we used to fly there and stay 2 nights by the sea....Wonderful friendly staff....Miss all that very much. gmx

PS. Always had to rab on the pavement the leather soles of the new shoes, so as not to have to pay duty....and once the duty officer remarked: You have a lot of shoes...I kept a blank face and said : I love shoes. Got a problem ? :D :D :D

biglouis

« Reply #38 on: Nov 24, 2020, 12:31:42 PM »
Same when I brought a lot of sari fabric back from Dubai a few years ago The customs officer asked me if it was for sale. I told him it was gifts for my Indian relations. Now I would just pay the duty/VAT and reclaim it via the business.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.