Author Topic: another way of re-housing people,  (Read 1469 times)

Alfred

another way of re-housing people,
« on: Nov 13, 2020, 04:41:30 PM »
Although the idea of converting metal containers much like the ones unloaded by crane, in and around the uk,and placed in a suitable area,

places like tilbury and else where.as  these containers are ideal if converted correctley, so with the housing shortage could the idea of these containers be used and re sited as and where they are needed,.aided by local councils,

in some cases some people were given in recent times tents instead, to live in considering were almost in winter, ???

so even in and around the united kingdom to divert and re house people seeking a temporary home,  by using one of these containers is this a temporaryway to help out  people looking for a roof over their heads,
even converted for the homeless , instead, considering the housing shortages,.

Q; have you given any thoughts to alternative ways to re-house people,.
     what ever their circumstances, ??

granny moss

Re: another way of re-housing people,
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13, 2020, 05:04:33 PM »
Steinbeck wrote a most poignant story about a woman that converted a train old steem engine boiler into a home.... I love his stories, but they are a bit too sad for me to read at my age.....gmx

Ashy

« Reply #2 on: Nov 13, 2020, 05:54:03 PM »
Conventional housing seems to be built quickly these days. Having worked in offices that were converted containers, I don't recommend them for living in.

klondike

« Reply #3 on: Nov 13, 2020, 06:09:55 PM »
Plenty of empty shops. They already have electric water and sewage services running to them. Easier than shipping containers which would need rather a lot of work to make them habitable all year round.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Jacqueline

« Reply #4 on: Nov 13, 2020, 07:09:04 PM »
'We escaped from war to a prison': Migrants protest over conditions at ex-military base in Wales that was turned into massive camp for asylum seekers Asylum seekers housed at a former military camp protested over conditions
  • One demonstrator held up a sign saying: 'We escaped from war to prison'
  • Around 230 migrants were sent to the former army training centre in Penally
  • Protest slogans included 'Save us from Covid 19' and 'We are human beings, not numbers on a file!'

• While it is suggested British people are housed in containers, these ungrateful so and sos are taken in by our Government, given three meals a day, accomodation and  pocket money. Something very wrong somewhere. All while British people are losing jobs, cant pay their rents and mortgages, and using foodbanks to feed their children.

• Ashy

« Reply #5 on: Nov 13, 2020, 07:10:27 PM »
    You're not kidding there is something wrong there.

GrannyMac

« Reply #6 on: Nov 13, 2020, 07:39:32 PM »
    Conventional housing seems to be built quickly these days. Having worked in offices that were converted containers, I don't recommend them for living in.

Depends on the quality of conversion, some are pretty decent nowadays.  There is housing available in different parts of the UK, even some social housing. https://homefinderuk.org.  Trouble is, the demand in some areas, particularly in London and the South East, is unlikely ever to be met.  Its time to stop the Right to Buy in high demand areas, and convert shops as klondike suggests.  There will be plenty of those vacant soon.

If I was claiming asylum, I'd gratefully accept safety, shelter, medical care, food etc whilst my case was being looked at.    Not impressed.
    Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

zoony

« Reply #7 on: Nov 13, 2020, 07:57:43 PM »
    Ex-Training centre? Get it open as such again, bring back the recruit trainers and staff, PTIs, catering corps and some MPs and give those idling objectors something to do to occupy themselves..The devil finds work for idle hands..
    "Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Diasi

« Reply #8 on: Nov 13, 2020, 09:09:57 PM »
    'We escaped from war to a prison': Migrants protest over conditions at ex-military base in Wales that was turned into massive camp for asylum seekers Asylum seekers housed at a former military camp protested over conditions
  • One demonstrator held up a sign saying: 'We escaped from war to prison'
  • Around 230 migrants were sent to the former army training centre in Penally
  • Protest slogans included 'Save us from Covid 19' and 'We are human beings, not numbers on a file!'

• While it is suggested British people are housed in containers, these ungrateful so and sos are taken in by our Government, given three meals a day, accomodation and  pocket money. Something very wrong somewhere. All while British people are losing jobs, cant pay their rents and mortgages, and using foodbanks to feed their children.[/l][/l]
  • "We escaped from a war", my arse!!
  • Below is what fleeing from a war looks like, not paying £hundreds or £thousands to get transported to the UK.

• Make every day count, each day is precious.
    "Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Raven

« Reply #9 on: Nov 13, 2020, 09:53:35 PM »
    That's all young men in the photograph, why are they fleeing war? They should be fighting for their Country like our young did in the past wars.  >:(

Jacqueline

« Reply #10 on: Nov 13, 2020, 10:12:01 PM »
    While they are here moaning they haven't got 5 star treatment, there are women and children, real refugees living in tents in huge camps, this lot have left them to it, should be back home fighting for their countries and families. What sort of men are they?  I think we all know.

klondike

« Reply #11 on: Nov 13, 2020, 10:14:32 PM »
    What fraction are here for a trip to paradise courtesy of martyrdom?
    So long and thanks for all the fish

Jacqueline

« Reply #12 on: Nov 13, 2020, 10:27:35 PM »
    What fraction are here for a trip to paradise courtesy of martyrdom?

Its only a matter of time until one of them fullfills his mission.

granny moss

« Reply #13 on: Nov 14, 2020, 06:57:57 AM »
    When we were occupied by the German Army in 1943, we had nowhere to go. Partisans were fighting and italian young men helped the Allies to fight in Sicily and Southern Italy, while civilian women and children were starving....They had nowhere to go...gmx 

PS. Italy was neutral for a year, until Hitler told Mussolini : Those that are not with us, are against us, and gave Mussolini an ultimatum. " You join the Axis, or we consider you are enemies. We were occupied in September 1943 on my Birthday...

I lost family and young friends to the  Gestapo. Wars are terrible. gmx

Ashy

« Reply #14 on: Nov 14, 2020, 07:23:34 AM »
    That's all young men in the photograph, why are they fleeing war? They should be fighting for their Country like our young did in the past wars.  >:(
    I don't believe they are fleeing wars, not active wars at any rate. They maybe should be rebuilding after wars.