Author Topic: i put my xmas tree up last night  (Read 2056 times)

Michael Rolls

Re: i put my xmas tree up last night
« Reply #30 on: Nov 18, 2020, 07:51:50 PM »
Oddly enough, could read it on the tablet quite easily, but must remember that idea
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

zoony

« Reply #31 on: Nov 18, 2020, 07:55:09 PM »
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

biglouis

« Reply #32 on: Nov 18, 2020, 10:50:32 PM »
What does their nationality have to do with anything? Lots of exterior lighting round here in my predominantly white area..

Because as another poster mentioned Christmas is supposed to be a Christian festival and Moslems and Hindus have their own festivals which we dont (in the main) celebrate. I wasnt saying there was anything wrong with it but thats how youve taken it.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

zoony

« Reply #33 on: Nov 18, 2020, 10:59:50 PM »
Not at all..I imagine those families have lots of kids grown or growing up here who would want to celebrate Christmas, not necessarily as a religious festival but as English people do, with presents, the tree, the lights, did I mention the presents..'S just another party-time to a lot of people, Christian, Hindu, Muslim or Tklingit indian..

cowboy wisdom.

GrannyMac

« Reply #34 on: Nov 18, 2020, 11:11:41 PM »
I agree. How many celebrate it purely for the religious aspect. We get a national holiday for Christas, and people from all sorts of backgrounds and religions enjoy the celebrations.

This is one year, one Christmas. We've already decided we're staying at home.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Michael Rolls

« Reply #35 on: Nov 18, 2020, 11:26:16 PM »
There's a good chance we won't have a choice!
Mike

zoony

« Reply #36 on: Nov 18, 2020, 11:59:47 PM »
I think that relaxing restrictions because it's Christmas is a mistake, if that's what happens. It's just one Christmas that will have to be made the best of in order to perhaps have a better New Year or it becomes a massive spreading event..

cowboy wisdom.

biglouis

« Reply #37 on: Nov 19, 2020, 02:28:23 AM »
The politicos aim to lure us into feeling SOOOO grateful to have a little christmas celebration after such a sh*t year that we will forget we have been turned into a nation of OCD sheep who go around disinfecting door bells.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #38 on: Nov 19, 2020, 02:59:45 AM »
I still find it difficult to believe that in Scotland, if I drive a few miles north on the A94 to the border between Perth & Kinross and Angus and dare to cross that border I become a criminal! What sort of country has this become?
Mike

Hugh

« Reply #39 on: Nov 19, 2020, 08:20:57 AM »
Mike the land of the SNP

klondike

« Reply #40 on: Nov 19, 2020, 09:07:27 AM »
I think that relaxing restrictions because it's Christmas is a mistake, if that's what happens. It's just one Christmas that will have to be made the best of in order to perhaps have a better New Year or it becomes a massive spreading event..
If it doesn't which I suspect it won't then that will pose a lot of questions....
So long and thanks for all the fish

Michael Rolls

« Reply #41 on: Nov 19, 2020, 09:20:02 AM »
Mike the land of the SNP
So true - and we have a female Fuhrer. This law forbidding us to leave our council areas is being decried by Police Scotland as totally unenforceable, hasn't been before the Scottish Parliament and is purely a diktat by Sturgeon. Hopefully, it will be challenged in the courts.
Mike

Raven

« Reply #42 on: Nov 19, 2020, 11:14:52 AM »
I still find it difficult to believe that in Scotland, if I drive a few miles north on the A94 to the border between Perth & Kinross and Angus and dare to cross that border I become a criminal! What sort of country has this become?
Mike

Mike, do you really want the virus to arrive in your area full force? It could easily do that if people from the worst hit areas are able to move around willy nilly. I am glad the they are to be stopped. We are only in level one and would be really hacked off if we were moved up because of strangers bringing it here. Untill everyone is obeying the rules then we'll just have to put up with it. I can't go home to Perth I'm stuck up here now for the duration.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #43 on: Nov 19, 2020, 11:24:33 AM »
I think you over-estimate the efficacy of the measures. From where are these carriers of the virus going to come? It is easy to be convinced that hordes of people from the worst hit areas are going to descend upon the countryside, but where is the evidence of it actually happening?
Mike

Jacqueline

« Reply #44 on: Nov 19, 2020, 11:28:46 AM »

Mike, do you really want the virus to arrive in your area full force? It could easily do that if people from the worst hit areas are able to move around willy nilly. I am glad the they are to be stopped. We are only in level one and would be really hacked off if we were moved up because of strangers bringing it here. Untill everyone is obeying the rules then we'll just have to put up with it. I can't go home to Perth I'm stuck up here now for the duration.

When lockdown ended last time people flocked to my area from all over the UK, I had been shielding and was scared to go out because of people who ignored social distancing and carried on as if a virus didn't exist.

Yesterday we took a drive within the County to the coast, it was quiet, no holiday makers and I felt reasonably safe.  Everyone was moving aside in the street to keep their distance. 

I find that people who travel long distances seem to be more reckless in their behavour, just my observation.