Author Topic: i put my xmas tree up last night  (Read 2060 times)

Raven

Re: i put my xmas tree up last night
« Reply #45 on: Nov 19, 2020, 11:37:29 AM »
I think you over-estimate the efficacy of the measures. From where are these carriers of the virus going to come? It is easy to be convinced that hordes of people from the worst hit areas are going to descend upon the countryside, but where is the evidence of it actually happening?
Mike

You only have to look back to earlier in the year when the world and his wife thought they had nothing better to do than come up here and isolate. During the summer we were over run with people and the locals couldn't go about their business for them.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/21/scottish-government-furious-at-travellers-to-highlands-and-islands

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-53713593

Michael Rolls

« Reply #46 on: Nov 19, 2020, 11:59:43 AM »
So how many cases did they cause?
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Raven

« Reply #47 on: Nov 19, 2020, 12:08:49 PM »
No Idea, but they were booted out in the end. Shops refused to serve them and the locals made life awkward.
P&K cover a good many miles so there's nothing to stop you heading off for a run in the car but in a different direction, lots n lots of lovely wee country lanes around Perth covering many miles. If I was still in Perth I'd be having a drive daily too. ;)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #48 on: Nov 19, 2020, 12:27:57 PM »
No Idea, but they were booted out in the end. Shops refused to serve them and the locals made life awkward.
P&K cover a good many miles so there's nothing to stop you heading off for a run in the car but in a different direction, lots n lots of lovely wee country lanes around Perth covering many miles. If I was still in Perth I'd be having a
drive daily too. ;)
Quite right. I am very lucky with the countryside around me. I can go miles within P&K, but I still don’t like the idea of people being criminalised in this way without a shred of evidence of the necessity.
As for the panic reaction earlier in the year, when the governments went out of their way to create fear, what the hell did anyone expect? Folk were effectively been told ‘stay where you are and die to save the NHS’
Mike

Michael Rolls

« Reply #49 on: Nov 19, 2020, 12:30:04 PM »
Don’t forget, every single scaremongering graph we have been shown has turned out to be rubbish. Why should anyone expect the current efforts to be any better?
Mike

Hugh

« Reply #50 on: Nov 19, 2020, 02:31:52 PM »
The facts are covid is new and its trial error, to try and get things right. Over 500 are dying every day and the only sure way of staying safe is to obey the isolation rule. Many are just ignoring the rules and spreading the virus and killing the elderly As far as I am concerned they are committing a crime.

David G

« Reply #51 on: Nov 19, 2020, 05:57:31 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54984297

In my opinion it's madness. Mix with your family at christmas and because you have done  bury some of them in the new year. Plus a month long lockdown.
Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

em

« Reply #52 on: Nov 19, 2020, 06:42:06 PM »
Perhaps that's the idea:have a last supper and kill off all the oldies.Problem solved.

David G

« Reply #53 on: Nov 19, 2020, 06:48:38 PM »
Somebody on Sky news said people will die as a consequence and I tend to agree, just my opinion but it won't be me.😷💀
Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

crabbyob

« Reply #54 on: Nov 19, 2020, 06:56:15 PM »
thats the way i look at it David, if i isolate, wear a mask when required
then some will still die
but it wont be me...
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”