Author Topic: grills,  (Read 913 times)

sparky

Re: grills,
« Reply #15 on: Nov 18, 2020, 08:27:19 AM »
Going back very many years in my working life, I was sent by my employer to see if I could cure a fault on one of the first washing machines, it was a top loading " Thor " a clothes washer with a wire basket you could put in to wash dishes,, can you imagine having just washed your socks, pants, etc, and then decide to do a dish wash. ugh.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #16 on: Nov 18, 2020, 08:32:38 AM »
I’d really rather not!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Traveller

« Reply #17 on: Nov 18, 2020, 09:46:36 AM »
When we bought this house it had been "renovated/vandalised" by a tight fisted incompetent who fitted the kitchen with new Indesit white goods.  They lasted a year before they all broke down in turn.  The dish washer was last to go and it was useless anyway.  I swore we'd never have Indesit in the house again.

When we fitted a new kitchen, we bought a range cooker.  At that time, there was an offer of the cooker + cooker hood  and a free dishwasher.  It's certainly the best dishwasher we've had.  On the point of grills inside the oven,  the main oven on our cooker has a number of heating options including top heat, bottom heat  with/without fan.  So, I could use the oven as a grill, but I tend to use it for browning dishes  like lasagne.

When it comes to vacuum cleaners,  I'm sure that Meile is very good,  but on cost and performance, I'll stick to "Henry".
You'll have had your tea.

Alex22

« Reply #18 on: Nov 18, 2020, 03:01:14 PM »
I've got a Miele Cat & Dog, it's my second Miele and apart from being a bit heavy to drag around now, I can't fault them.

Jacqueline

« Reply #19 on: Nov 18, 2020, 07:58:59 PM »
When we bought this house it had been "renovated/vandalised" by a tight fisted incompetent who fitted the kitchen with new Indesit white goods.  They lasted a year before they all broke down in turn.  The dish washer was last to go and it was useless anyway.  I swore we'd never have Indesit in the house again.

When we fitted a new kitchen, we bought a range cooker.  At that time, there was an offer of the cooker + cooker hood  and a free dishwasher.  It's certainly the best dishwasher we've had.  On the point of grills inside the oven,  the main oven on our cooker has a number of heating options including top heat, bottom heat  with/without fan.  So, I could use the oven as a grill, but I tend to use it for browning dishes  like lasagne.

When it comes to vacuum cleaners,  I'm sure that Meile is very good,  but on cost and performance, I'll stick to "Henry".

I'm pretty sure my first ever washing machine 48 years ago was an Indesit it was the best machine ever and lasted about 18 years.  It's all downhill for Indesit now how the mighty fall.

I don't know if I'm right in thinking you might as well buy cheap and replace when it goes. 

sparky

« Reply #20 on: Nov 18, 2020, 08:06:35 PM »
I do like Bosch kit. all of my white goods, and cooking appliances are Bosch, and never give any trouble, even my heating boiler is a Worcester  Bosch