Author Topic: Funmi Olutoye  (Read 3405 times)

xetog

Funmi Olutoye
« on: Nov 18, 2020, 05:03:18 PM »
Apparently the decision by Sainsburys to feature an all black family in their Christmas Ad on TV has stirred up a few racist remarks and the above mentioned gentleman has written in the Independent that this proves that Britain is racist and asks why we cannot just accept that the family in Sainsbury's ad "just happens to be black?"

I would like to confirm that until recently that would have been exactly my reaction.  No need for diversity (no mix of races), just the simple fact that a nice family in the UK today can just as likely be black as white, or any other colour come to that.  But now, due to the OTT efforts of BLM, every time I see a black face on TV, in an advert as well as on any other TV programme, I notice them and I am forced to wonder if this is tokenism or just some woke TV exec choosing black people because they think it might gain them some Brownie points (unfortunate choice of words, but the capital B signifies that I am referring to a common aphorism that is applied in this country to a well thought of organisation for pre-teen girls).

I feel sad that this rude disruption of my otherwise innocent view of race politics has so rudely ended my positive ideas of my society and my feelings of harmony to the extent that whenever I see a TV programme or advert, I find myself counting the black faces to check that at least the 3% that they actually represent in British society is recognised.  The count incidentally rarely adds up to less than 10% and, as the Sainsbury's add illustrates can be 100%.  When will the WIPMR majority (White, Indian, Pakistani & Mixed race) people of this country be allowed the reflection of its 97% representation?

It makes me really angry that this tiny minority of the tiny minority can call me racist and change my previously benign attitude towards the colour of another persons skin so dramatically and increase my dislike of the woke white population to loathing.  This excoriating movement can only be intended to bring about racial conflict.

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

Ashy

Re: Funmi Olutoye
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2020, 05:06:33 PM »
This is all part of a rather nasty plan. It's been coming over the last few years. Soon all actors in advertisements will be black.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2020, 07:23:06 PM »

Apparently the decision by Sainsburys to feature an all black family in their Christmas Ad on TV has stirred up a few racist remarks and the above mentioned gentleman has written in the Independent that this proves that Britain is racist and asks why we cannot just accept that the family in Sainsbury's ad "just happens to be black?"

I would like to confirm that until recently that would have been exactly my reaction.  No need for diversity (no mix of races), just the simple fact that a nice family in the UK today can just as likely be black as white, or any other colour come to that.  But now, due to the OTT efforts of BLM, every time I see a black face on TV, in an advert as well as on any other TV programme, I notice them and I am forced to wonder if this is tokenism or just some woke TV exec choosing black people because they think it might gain them some Brownie points (unfortunate choice of words, but the capital B signifies that I am referring to a common aphorism that is applied in this country to a well thought of organisation for pre-teen girls).

I feel sad that this rude disruption of my otherwise innocent view of race politics has so rudely ended my positive ideas of my society and my feelings of harmony to the extent that whenever I see a TV programme or advert, I find myself counting the black faces to check that at least the 3% that they actually represent in British society is recognised.  The count incidentally rarely adds up to less than 10% and, as the Sainsbury's add illustrates can be 100%.  When will the WIPMR majority (White, Indian, Pakistani & Mixed race) people of this country be allowed the reflection of its 97% representation?

It makes me really angry that this tiny minority of the tiny minority can call me racist and change my previously benign attitude towards the colour of another persons skin so dramatically and increase my dislike of the woke white population to loathing.  This excoriating movement can only be intended to bring about racial conflict.

Mike.X

I'm beginning to feel the same way
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Jacqueline

« Reply #3 on: Nov 18, 2020, 08:41:32 PM »
Funmi Olutoye sounds painful, is it a disease?

GrannyMac

« Reply #4 on: Nov 18, 2020, 09:19:29 PM »
The first of Sainsbury's three Christmas ads features a black family.  The second features a white family. I don't know who is in the third one.   
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

klondike

« Reply #5 on: Nov 18, 2020, 09:49:44 PM »
Either lesbians or homosexuals I suppose or just possibly trans (probably both of them).
So long and thanks for all the fish

Jacqueline

« Reply #6 on: Nov 18, 2020, 10:02:09 PM »
Sainsburys backing of BLM and now the black family advert, its woke and political, it dosen't matter to me as my nearest Sainsburys is 40 miles away, they can stick their shop where the sun don't shine, its plain who they prefer and want to suck up too.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #7 on: Nov 18, 2020, 10:57:30 PM »
Ah, but we are white and therefore racist!
Mike

biglouis

« Reply #8 on: Nov 18, 2020, 11:01:46 PM »
Not to mention all the black faces in adaptations of Jane Austen and other classic novels which would simply not have been in "society" at that time.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

GrannyMac

« Reply #9 on: Nov 18, 2020, 11:12:37 PM »
Either lesbians or homosexuals I suppose or just possibly trans (probably both of them).

Don't forget the disabilities..🙄

An advert has been made. Some people have complained about it.  Do I care?  No. Does their attitude define me? No.

R. Gervais

Michael Rolls

« Reply #10 on: Nov 18, 2020, 11:15:17 PM »
So the ideal character to play any role is a black transvestite woman with only one leg?
Mike

GrannyMac

« Reply #11 on: Nov 19, 2020, 06:56:10 AM »
There isn't an ideal that would suit everyone. If some people don't like that advert, fine. It was put out by a supermarket, as one of three ads leading up to Christmas.  Perhaps the idea was to just show a family who may look different yet underneath have similar lives to the majority?

If it's turned some shoppers off from Sainsbury's, that's their choice. 

R. Gervais

Ashy

« Reply #12 on: Nov 19, 2020, 08:40:33 AM »
Tesco's is no better.

xetog

« Reply #13 on: Nov 19, 2020, 09:00:03 AM »
My real point is that at one time I would not have cared. I might have thought "That's a pretty woman, or a striking man, or even there is a charming family" whatever their colour, it simply did not matter.  Now, I simply count the numbers.  Last night, an ad for deodorant was 3 black, one Asian, one white.  What have these BLM people done to me?  And what have they done to their fellow minorities but to cast them as cannon fodder in a race war?  Did they get the job because of their talent, or are they just racial make-weights?

We are now more divided than ever before and I don't know how long the rift will take to heal, if ever.

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

David G

« Reply #14 on: Nov 19, 2020, 09:08:35 AM »
My real point is that at one time I would not have cared. I might have thought "That's a pretty woman, or a striking man, or even there is a charming family" whatever their colour, it simply did not matter.  Now, I simply count the numbers.  Last night, an ad for deodorant was 3 black, one Asian, one white.  What have these BLM people done to me?  And what have they done to their fellow minorities but to cast them as cannon fodder in a race war?  Did they get the job because of their talent, or are they just racial make-weights?

We are now more divided than ever before and I don't know how long the rift will take to heal, if ever.

Mike.X
I agree with every word.
"Now I simply count the numbers" so do I, every ad break.
Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.