Author Topic: Funmi Olutoye  (Read 3402 times)

Ashy

Re: Funmi Olutoye
« Reply #15 on: Nov 19, 2020, 09:23:47 AM »
It gets more obvious every year. And yet in terms of who lives in Britain, most people are white European. The next group although much smaller is Indian. African and West Indians who are distinct groups are considerably smaller. But on TV they wake up in the same bed. Not in real life mate.

klondike

« Reply #16 on: Nov 19, 2020, 09:44:13 AM »
If it's turned some shoppers off from Sainsbury's, that's their choice.
I haven't seen it and it wouldn't turn me off for two reasons...

1. I'm not a Sainsbury shopper anyway. The only times I have been in their shops in recent years is at the caravan and that's because they were an eBay pickup point but they stopped that at the Hunstanton branch since covid.

2. It's a trend to use more coloured and mixed race couples for adverts, presenters and programming than the percentage in the population would require for an accurate representation anyway so is nothing new.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Alex22

« Reply #17 on: Nov 19, 2020, 11:55:18 AM »
I find I'm counting the adverts too ! 
It does seem black people don't gamble and don't get gum disease.  😎

Ashy

« Reply #18 on: Nov 19, 2020, 12:01:34 PM »
Don't forget the people who are just passing by in the background, and the photographs of the "family". It's all nudge nudge nudge, these are absurdities being passed off as normal.

David G

« Reply #19 on: Nov 19, 2020, 12:09:08 PM »
Don't forget the people who are just passing by in the background, and the photographs of the "family". It's all nudge nudge nudge, these are absurdities being passed off as normal.
Believe me I don't miss a thing.🙂
Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Bee

« Reply #20 on: Nov 19, 2020, 12:53:36 PM »
You may be interested in this video....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aftimjUYI14&t=318s

I will still carry on shopping at Sainsbury.
The only way is up....

Michael Rolls

« Reply #21 on: Nov 19, 2020, 01:13:49 PM »
I think Trumpy is great! By no means the worst ad I have ever seen, in fact, quite entertaining!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Ashy

« Reply #22 on: Nov 19, 2020, 01:21:22 PM »
So long as you know they are gaslighting us, you are immune. You can see it as a poor joke bordering on an insult.

Ashy

« Reply #23 on: Nov 22, 2020, 08:22:02 PM »
Thing is, all those people who devise TV advertisements can't have got up one morning and decided to use black actors, it must be co-ordinated from the Deep State.

GrannyMac

« Reply #24 on: Nov 22, 2020, 10:31:20 PM »
You may be interested in this video....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aftimjUYI14&t=318s

I will still carry on shopping at Sainsbury.

Me too Bee.  And counting different ethnicities/skin colours in adverts has never occurred to me.

Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Alex22

« Reply #25 on: Nov 23, 2020, 06:54:13 PM »
It never occurred to me 12 months ago !   it's because it's so unbalanced that I've begun to notice, it's like 'spot the white person ad'  in a country that is over 80% white .  I've yet to see a black woman with a Chinese man, now that isn't fair - Chinese people are so under represented, as are gays and transgenders.   

xetog

« Reply #26 on: Nov 23, 2020, 07:04:51 PM »
In a commercial, how would you know whether they were gay or transsexual Alex?

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

klondike

« Reply #27 on: Nov 23, 2020, 07:12:21 PM »
If you can't spot a transexual I'd recommend new glasses unless you are, talking of the infamous Thai lady boys.

As for the gay men they seem to have no problem communicating their preference to other gay men often by their voice or just by mincing and that is obvious to most men gay or otherwise.

Now lesbians to me are not of necessity spotable but I suspect many are to other women.
So long and thanks for all the fish

xetog

« Reply #28 on: Nov 23, 2020, 08:34:36 PM »
Do you not think you are stereotyping a bit klondike?  Like you I am sure I can tell a gay male either by his voice, movements or some affectation, but there are many gay men who do not fit the stereotype at all and are not in the least feminine.  I have worked with a number of gay men and did not realise it until told.  As far as transvestites are concerned, I am sure it is much more difficult to disguise your original sex, but as you mention, it can be done.  They don't all have hairy arms, knobbly knees and prominent Adam's apples.

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

Alex22

« Reply #29 on: Nov 23, 2020, 08:38:39 PM »
In a commercial, how would you know whether they were gay or transsexual Alex?  

My post was a bit tongue in cheek Mike    I really don't care that gays and trans are under represented on telly.    👜