Author Topic: Banks are a real pain in the ****  (Read 4301 times)

granny moss

Re: Banks are a real pain in the ****
« Reply #45 on: Nov 22, 2020, 10:36:22 AM »
Yes, some people are so cruel and can make up some vicious lies and spread them around.  In an office, at school, in a village.....  I think it is because they are very unhappy in their lives.  Happy good nature people are hardly ever nasty. gmx

Hugh

« Reply #46 on: Nov 22, 2020, 11:06:06 AM »
I certainly agree with you Granny Moss. What hurt me more not the person who lied about me, but people who I thought were friends believed it. Very good job I had a very trusting wife, she received a letter.

granny moss

« Reply #47 on: Nov 22, 2020, 02:11:48 PM »
A young man which I disliked, was spreading around lies saying that he " had me"....my brother sorted him out !.....My brother was my defender !  Then Micky was my protector....Yes, the ones we call friends are the first to believe the malice.....Had to defend my daughter a few times, from her so called friends ! gmx

Hugh

« Reply #48 on: Nov 22, 2020, 02:26:20 PM »
When men spread lies like that, its really the low, of the low Granny moss. Nearly had a senior moment and put the wrong granny down ;D

granny moss

« Reply #49 on: Nov 23, 2020, 01:15:56 PM »
Lloyds Bank has again asked me to quote a code number, on the telephone, before allowing me to get through.....it is really frustrating....But then I suppose there are a lot of scums and they try and protect themselves from having to compensate costumers that get robbed of the money in their accounts ? gmx

Michael Rolls

« Reply #50 on: Nov 23, 2020, 02:20:45 PM »
Granny, is this on your computer? When they started this extra security a few months back, one of the things I got was an onscreen message asking me to confirm that I trusted the device I was using, which of course I did. Since then I have only had the one time password when setting up a new payee
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Michael Rolls

« Reply #51 on: Nov 23, 2020, 02:41:23 PM »
Should have said. This is Lloyd’s and I only use the one computer. I don’t use the phone nor the tablet nor even the other computers to access my accounts
Mike

granny moss

« Reply #52 on: Nov 24, 2020, 11:42:46 AM »
I used to log in and then a window came up with photos of cars, or bridges, or shops....and I had to tick them and click that I was not a robot...Now, when I log in, after I enterd my ID, password and security numbers, I get a window to click continue, and then I get a code number on the screen and a telephone call from the Bank to ask me for it.....It is so frustrating.....gmx

Michael Rolls

« Reply #53 on: Nov 24, 2020, 11:47:51 AM »
Granny
That sounds way over top. What are you using - phone, tablet, computer?
Mike

Diasi

« Reply #54 on: Nov 24, 2020, 12:32:20 PM »
Now, when I log in, after I enterd my ID, password and security numbers, I get a window to click continue, and then I get a code number on the screen and a telephone call from the Bank to ask me for it.

If I take the plunge & register for online banking, that's the sign-in procedure I'd want to have.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #55 on: Nov 24, 2020, 09:39:58 PM »
Seems over the top to me, unless granny is using more than one device
Mike

klondike

« Reply #56 on: Nov 24, 2020, 10:42:59 PM »
Me too. There is a difference between security and virtually impossible to use.
So long and thanks for all the fish

granny moss

« Reply #57 on: Nov 25, 2020, 06:54:58 AM »
Mine is a PC with the box engine on the floor ? ! I had a moan.....but I am now used to it and not a problem....I have the phone on my desk. Ready to answer.  I was only annoyed the first time, as I was caught unawere in the middle of the night, and the shrilling telephone woke up everyone.....They thought I had a fall, as the ringing is similer to the alarm button I wear on my wrist ... :D :D :D gmx

Michael Rolls

« Reply #58 on: Nov 25, 2020, 07:01:52 AM »
I wonder why they make you jump through so many hoops then? I had thought that if you used more than one device that might be the reason, but as, like me, you only use the one device I really don’t understand  
Mike

granny moss

« Reply #59 on: Nov 25, 2020, 07:18:39 AM »
I will let you know if things will change....I will get used to it....I have to remember not to use the Banck in the middle of the night....as the telephone ringing is really loud !!!!gmx :D