Author Topic: Scotland is closed  (Read 4407 times)

klondike

Re: Scotland is closed
« Reply #15 on: Nov 21, 2020, 10:48:42 AM »
Ah right. Well even the national daily headline numbers are now falling a bit but what Lockdownsceptics reports  mostly look at are sample date rather than reporting date and sometimes the supposed date of infection (mostly a guess I suppose but certainly several days before the test for most). That means any reported fall now actually started at least a week back and probably longer.

Death rate reflects infections maybe 3 weeks earlier. I grab the weekly NHS England stats for deaths by age and previous morbitities and can see a slight flattening in the rise in the ones reporting the previous week. I gave up on the daily everything numbers as it was too much effort and the stats are such garbage they are only fit for the BBC to scare everybody with daily anyway.

https://covid.[censored].co.uk/index.php?graphs=yes
So long and thanks for all the fish

Ashy

« Reply #16 on: Nov 21, 2020, 10:54:11 AM »
I agree completely. I am convinced that there is something very sinister and ugly going on.

Diasi

« Reply #17 on: Nov 21, 2020, 10:57:40 AM »
I'm certain that Sheila, GrannyMac & I won't be risking our health / lives by trying to prove / disprove the statistics.

We'll all continue to err on the side of caution.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

klondike

« Reply #18 on: Nov 21, 2020, 11:22:33 AM »
If it comes to that so do we.

There is no doubt that there is at least some virus still around but I believe that the amount is overblown and none of the measures taken have had any impact at all on the progress of the epidemic.

klondike

« Reply #19 on: Nov 21, 2020, 11:24:03 AM »
I agree completely. I am convinced that there is something very sinister and ugly going on.
Maybe - Delingpole: The Great Reset Is Not a Conspiracy Theory (breitbart.com)

crabbyob

« Reply #20 on: Nov 21, 2020, 11:37:28 AM »
and i think the biggest culprits are our GPs
they were first to disappear, and remain well disappeared
and the receptionists are pathetic
i gave up phoning and attended you push the buzzer and wait for a reply
i got chilled thru and returned to my car, and this was the middle of the day
they ALL want flogging, they are not fit for purpose, i couldnt get a repeat prescription because i am due a review... i have been on the same/similar tablets for almost fifty years, why might i have to see a bloody nurse?????? which i cant see because they wont even answer the phone...[censored] the lot of them...
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Ashy

« Reply #21 on: Nov 21, 2020, 11:45:31 AM »
Crabby you have put your finger on the problem.

BTW, I have received a two page letter from the "NHS" asking ME to save THEM paper. I could have told them how to save two pages, an envelope and a stamp.

Raven

« Reply #22 on: Nov 21, 2020, 11:52:02 AM »
and i think the biggest culprits are our GPs
they were first to disappear, and remain well disappeared
and the receptionists are pathetic
i gave up phoning and attended you push the buzzer and wait for a reply
i got chilled thru and returned to my car, and this was the middle of the day
they ALL want flogging, they are not fit for purpose, i couldnt get a repeat prescription because i am due a review... i have been on the same/similar tablets for almost fifty years, why might i have to see a bloody nurse? ??? ?? which i cant see because they wont even answer the phone...[censored] the lot of them...

Well you nailed that down hard lol. It's the same here and I'm bloody sick of living in pain. I need an MRI to see what the blazes is hurting inside my leg so much, can't get an appointment for love nor money. I've now missed two blood pressure/diabetic clinics as they've been stopped. If nurses have to work on the front line then I firmly believe doctors should be seeing their patients face to face, not hiding away behind the telephone and their guard dog receptionists. >:( :'( >:(

Michael Rolls

« Reply #23 on: Nov 21, 2020, 11:57:26 AM »
I'm certain that Sheila, GrannyMac & I won't be risking our health / lives by trying to prove / disprove the statistics.

We'll all continue to err on the side of caution.
Phil
Like you, I will continue to be very cautious. However, that doesn't alter the fact that the governments' actions are a hodgepodge of irrelevancies based on seriously flawed information - the actions are ruining lives, ruining businesses, causing increased rates of suicides, mental health problems and domestic abuse, seriously affecting the education of children, inviting serious unrest as more and more people see just how awfully mismanaged the whole thing is, and costing us billions upon billions of pounds.
I'm 83, borderline diabetic, have a heart condition, so I will continue to be very, very careful - but that doesn't excuse the mess the governments are making
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

klondike

« Reply #24 on: Nov 21, 2020, 12:04:02 PM »
Crabby you have put your finger on the problem.BTW, I have received a two page letter from the "NHS" asking ME to save THEM paper. I could have told them how to save two pages, an envelope and a stamp.

My wife had that letter. There was one of those square QR codes on it and instructions to point your smartphone at it. She tried for ages with her Nokia and nowt happened.

I had some success getting my medicine review completed.

I've posted all this in more detail before but am annoyed enough to repeat it. Feel free to give up reading.

It wasn't due til December anyway but I got a call out of the blue sometime early in September while we were still at the caravan asking for a blood test and another after I'd done that for a urine sample and to book a telephone GP appointment. Dropping off the sample was a pain and I just shoved it through a letterbox for repeat prescriptions in the end. Trying to book the GP appointment by phone was a nightmare and I ended up twice filling out a form which is the only practical way to contact them. I explained that I was aware of my cholesterol level but wouldn't be taking statins. They could feel free to prescribe them if they wanted but I wouldn't be swallowing them. Would they please remove all inapropriate medicines from my repeat list and authorise the rest.  Miracle upon miracle they have.

Ashy

« Reply #25 on: Nov 21, 2020, 12:33:23 PM »
The age of miracles has not passed. But it tells us something about the wonderful NHS that you need a miracle.

klondike

« Reply #26 on: Nov 21, 2020, 12:47:47 PM »
While typing that previous rant I had a thought and wondered if they had added a statin to the repeat list. I had to check. They haven't. They'll probably want me off their list now as insufficiently profitable.

Akbuk

« Reply #27 on: Nov 21, 2020, 06:01:11 PM »
An article in Politico yesterday mentioned a third wave, I was starting to wonder when that would be hinted.
WHO takes the stance that masks should be mandatory.
I spoke to a couple of friends in Turkey last night. Took the equivalent of a £30 fine each for travelling in a car together and not wearing masks.....husband and wife no less. Over 60s are still on limited hours when they can be on the streets

Everything on the table at the moment IMO is nothing but piecemeal, why? Well we are still dealing with the virtually unknown. Vaccines are the talk of the town but there’s been no mention of any possible future side effects.
Yeah when available I will stand in line with the masses, if for no other reason than to get a bit of paper to say I’ve had it.
I’m a real he/him.

stellamaris

« Reply #28 on: Nov 21, 2020, 09:09:38 PM »
I follow the "rules" but as said above, this doesn't mean I don't think it's all guesswork, trying things out, the blind leading the blind.  Sky were at it recently with the statistics, pointing at the board and talking like they were primary school teachers.  The voice of dread pointing out how many, more cases of infection than there were in April.  How on earth do they know?  A relatively tiny number were tested in April. 

And I couldn't agree more about the GPs.  I can see big changes coming for the NHS.  More hiving off. I haven't seen a dentist for one year now.  One of my regular appointments comes up each November/December.  My daughter has had to go private to have a filling seen to.  She needs a crown but the cost is thousands, so she is just getting a completely new fillng for now, which is costly enough.  I did understand why dentists were being cautious until I realised that if you have the money the private dentists are all available.

Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty
Pronouns: She/Her/Beautiful/Wondrous one/Dearest Heart

Diasi

« Reply #29 on: Nov 21, 2020, 09:56:54 PM »

My daughter has had to go private to have a filling seen to.  She needs a crown but the cost is thousands, so she is just getting a completely new fillng for now, which is costly enough

We pay for private dental work for my wife & she had her two upper front teeth crowned at a cost of £1,200 for both of them, so your daughter is being ripped-off if her dentist is quoting £thousands for just one.

She needs to shop around as she can go to any dentist as a private patient.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)