Author Topic: Scotland is closed  (Read 4386 times)

klondike

Re: Scotland is closed
« Reply #30 on: Nov 21, 2020, 10:18:20 PM »
My teeth had been neglected for years and there was quite a lot of remedial work including a crown. I'm fairly sure that the total bill was about £800. That was about 10 years ago.
So long and thanks for all the fish

crabbyob

« Reply #31 on: Nov 22, 2020, 11:57:14 AM »
my first visit in India is to my dentist
she is searching for a wisdom tooth for me...lol
i am going to whatsapp phone her this afternoon
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Michael Rolls

« Reply #32 on: Nov 22, 2020, 01:07:47 PM »
Fascinating stuff from the Scottish Parliament the other day. Apparently it is OK to board a plane and fly off somewhere for hols. One snag - you aren't allowed to travel to the airport, even if it's in your council area - i.e. Glasgow and Edinburgh - haven't checked for Aberdeen but Dundee is another no-no
You couldn't really make it up, could you?
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Akbuk

« Reply #33 on: Nov 22, 2020, 01:23:52 PM »
Personally I think one restriction cascades down to loads of restrictions.
Some countries handle it well because of their authoritarian leaders, the freedoms we and others have had now becomes a problem.
All leaders are getting screwed over this virus, it’s either too soon or too late, not enough or too much.
That’s apart from the fact that scientists are still learning about this virus.
Long, long way to go yet.
I’m a real he/him.

em

« Reply #34 on: Nov 22, 2020, 01:41:30 PM »
Hope she finds a wisdom tooth for you,Crabbyob.Are second-hand teeth readily available in India?

GrannyMac

« Reply #35 on: Nov 22, 2020, 02:44:04 PM »
Personally I think one restriction cascades down to loads of restrictions.
Some countries handle it well because of their authoritarian leaders, the freedoms we and others have had now becomes a problem.
All leaders are getting screwed over this virus, it’s either too soon or too late, not enough or too much.
That’s apart from the fact that scientists are still learning about this virus.

Long, long way to go yet.

I agree, and whilst the scientists are learning, the government has little to guide them.  Taking some personal responsibility is all that is being asked of us, and most are responding sensibly.  I'm tired of the criticism, the selfishness, the conspiracy theories.

Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

klondike

« Reply #36 on: Nov 22, 2020, 03:08:55 PM »
I read of an ingenious loophole for weekend holidays. Apparently you are allowed to travel to view a house for purchase. The rules don't mention where or how far. The idea was that at the weekend you go somewhere in (say) Spain ostentibly to view a potential purchase. When you return you can isolate and work from home but come the weekend off you go to view a house somewhere else. Rinse and repeat.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Traveller

« Reply #37 on: Nov 22, 2020, 03:23:51 PM »
Fascinating stuff from the Scottish Parliament the other day. Apparently it is OK to board a plane and fly off somewhere for hols. One snag - you aren't allowed to travel to the airport, even if it's in your council area - i.e. Glasgow and Edinburgh - haven't checked for Aberdeen but Dundee is another no-no
You couldn't really make it up, could you?
Mike

Mike, this applies to people living in tiers 3 & 4 who aren't allowed to travel (with exceptions) outside their area.
I live in a tier 2 area and so I can happily fly from Aberdeen airport AND I can fly from  Inverness, Dundee, Glasgow or Edinburgh airports should I wish.  I can also travel through any other area, although we're advised against it.

While Wee Jimmy can make rules for Scottish travel,  international travel is decided by Westminster.
You'll have had your tea.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #38 on: Nov 22, 2020, 06:09:31 PM »
Well, not according to the BBC News site:-

>>Those in level one or two areas are also being told not to travel into level three or four areas, except for essential purposes.<<
Mike

Michael Rolls

« Reply #39 on: Nov 22, 2020, 06:11:22 PM »
As I said - haven't checked Aberdeen - but that would preclude you from going to Edinburgh, Glasgow and Dundee airports
Mike

Traveller

« Reply #40 on: Nov 22, 2020, 06:38:22 PM »
Well there's a list of exceptions as long as your arm but since there are limited flights from Aberdeen, I'd simply fly through Manchester or Heathrow (which is what I often do).  Of course there is also the possibility that the ban will be judged to be illegal and therefore unenforceable.   I really don't think it will stop people travelling.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #41 on: Nov 22, 2020, 06:52:46 PM »
Well there's a list of exceptions as long as your arm but since there are limited flights from Aberdeen, I'd simply fly through Manchester or Heathrow (which is what I often do).  Of course there is also the possibility that the ban will be judged to be illegal and therefore unenforceable.  I really don't think it will stop people travelling.
Quite agree
Mike

Michael Rolls

« Reply #42 on: Nov 22, 2020, 06:54:00 PM »
Hang on - don't forget you aren't allowed to go to England from Scotland, nor vice versa - look out for the border guards and their watch towers!
Mike

Traveller

« Reply #43 on: Nov 22, 2020, 07:47:30 PM »
From the BBC Scotland news...

The current restrictions mean that people should not travel between Scotland and England, Northern Ireland, Ireland or Wales unless it is essential.

People living in level three and level four area should not travel abroad for non-essential reasons, including for holidays.

Those in levels one and two have been strongly advised not to travel overseas by the government unless it is essential.

But it is still legal for them to go on holiday, and they are allowed to travel to airports, railway stations and ferry terminals in level three and four areas in order to do so.

I think this simply outlines the confusion that surrounds travel advice / rules.

crabbyob

« Reply #44 on: Nov 22, 2020, 07:56:32 PM »
Hope she finds a wisdom tooth for you,Crabbyob.Are second-hand teeth readily available in India?

its only a joke Em... but did you notice i didnt say 'no, its only a joke'
i dont know if its still on-line but if you look on you-tube type in,,,Chennai dentist'... lol... it is horrid...
he takes a womans tooth out with no pain relief... out it comes, then he looks along his rows of teeth till he finds a suitable one then dips it in some kind of glue and sticks it in the hole left when he removed the other one... pure theatre
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”