Author Topic: Electric surcharges  (Read 1387 times)

ronyork

Electric surcharges
« on: Nov 21, 2020, 05:37:02 AM »
Electric surcharges, for folk who are careful with energy what next, Sorry l object to this some people cannot try too save and take l am going to be warm attitude,someone will pay, l know one!. If it is £21 as suggested can l deduct this amount from my bill? No doubt many would rather buy a packet of fags at £8/10 than energy or a bottle of booze, it’s a struggle to pay my wife’s care home fee,s but l do reluctantly, what a mess this country is in with so many free riders thinking the world owes them a living

Michael Rolls

Re: Electric surcharges
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2020, 06:02:19 AM »
Ron
Don't understand this - sorry, but it's not something I have come across - is it money off one's bill if you don't use more than X amount of electricity?
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

ronyork

« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2020, 07:57:57 AM »
Ofgen today put forward a plan for a £21 surcharge on all bills next April 21 to cover bad debt,to compensate suppliers who will be left out of pocket, this report is in the Daily Express ,I do not wish to pay this , can we refuse?

Michael Rolls

« Reply #3 on: Nov 21, 2020, 08:22:59 AM »
To be honest, I don't know. If this is Ofgen's idea than presumably all companies will look to charge it - bloody nerve
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Diasi

« Reply #4 on: Nov 21, 2020, 09:13:33 AM »
Ron
Don't understand this - sorry, but it's not something I have come across - is it money off one's bill if you don't use more than X amount of electricity?
Mike

No, as ronyork says, it's to recover money lost by freeloaders who haven't paid their electricity bills.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Ashy

« Reply #5 on: Nov 21, 2020, 09:21:00 AM »
I would have thought it was against consumer law to charge for nothing received, but we live in interesting times.

If there are bad debts it's because they don't cut anyone off these days. Therefore tenants don't pay, and nor do the owners because their rental agreement makes it the tenant's liability. It's their own fault.

sparky

« Reply #6 on: Nov 21, 2020, 09:30:53 AM »
So these thieving energy companies, have been left out of pocket, what a shame, now they know what its like for the struggling public.

Hugh

« Reply #7 on: Nov 21, 2020, 09:38:03 AM »
I expect we are already paying for there losses in our bills.

Jacqueline

« Reply #8 on: Nov 21, 2020, 09:53:52 AM »
So these thieving energy companies, have been left out of pocket, what a shame, now they know what its like for the struggling public.

And it sounds like these thieving energy companies want to steal again from us to cover their loses.

So by their logic, if I lose something its OK to go and take it from somebody else? I'd land up in jail if I did that.

Ashy

« Reply #9 on: Nov 21, 2020, 09:56:32 AM »
But you could also claim on your insurance. Why don't the electricity suppliers do that?

ronyork

« Reply #10 on: Nov 21, 2020, 11:02:47 AM »
 Charge Em a bit more to keep them warm! Make em pay for the T.V, Make em pay for care, l wonder what’s next in this world of uncertainty who getting the virus jab first, if offered yes l would accept it, would YOU.

klondike

« Reply #11 on: Nov 21, 2020, 11:16:01 AM »
I reckon the next government offer for the elderly could be a free one way ticket to Switzerland. They certainly don't seem to value us any more.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Ashy

« Reply #12 on: Nov 21, 2020, 11:47:47 AM »
I reckon the next government offer for the elderly could be a free one way ticket to Switzerland. They certainly don't seem to value us any more.

The worry is they might use some of those old trucks they used to use for animals.

crabbyob

« Reply #13 on: Nov 21, 2020, 12:45:54 PM »
i think before they should be allowed to add a surcharge they would first have to operate at a loss, if in profit then no surcharge
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

sparky

« Reply #14 on: Nov 21, 2020, 01:22:48 PM »

What do you mean " any More " did they ever,?, when they rob us of all we have worked our nuts off for years to pay for our care, [censored] pensions compared to other comparable countries, and scrapping,  free TV  licences, the list goes on.