Author Topic: Anti Lockdown Protesters.  (Read 1139 times)

brian54

biglouis

Re: Anti Lockdown Protesters.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2020, 01:00:55 AM »
They have as much right to protest as the BLM mob so long as it is a peaceful protest.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Flying bomb

« Reply #2 on: Nov 22, 2020, 05:39:00 AM »
Aren't the protests illegal where the BLM are not?
If the Buck stops here how can the Doe go all the way ?

Albert.

Ashy

« Reply #3 on: Nov 22, 2020, 07:49:42 AM »
Our freedoms are being systematically taken away and the police are becoming more and more brutal and violent.

Diasi

« Reply #4 on: Nov 22, 2020, 07:52:31 AM »
They have as much right to protest as the BLM mob so long as it is a peaceful protest.

The protest was illegal as those protesting were breaking the law.

If there was a BLM protest at the moment, that would be illegal as well.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Ashy

« Reply #5 on: Nov 22, 2020, 08:07:55 AM »
When it becomes illegal to protest we should start asking serius questions. The Human Rights Act affirms the right of assembly and the right to protest. But in a smoke filled room, after the last bus had gone, some faceless people took those rights away. It wasn't Germany in 1933, it was our own government in our own time.

Diasi

« Reply #6 on: Nov 22, 2020, 08:10:18 AM »
When it becomes illegal to protest we should start asking serius questions. The Human Rights Act affirms the right of assembly and the right to protest. But in a smoke filled room, after the last bus had gone, some faceless people took those rights away. It wasn't Germany in 1933, it was our own government in our own time.

The Human Rights Act doesn't affirm the breaking of the law to attend a protest.

Would it be ok for someone to break out of prison of attend a protest?
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Ashy

« Reply #7 on: Nov 22, 2020, 08:33:49 AM »
Members of the  public being beaten up by policemen have not broken the criminal law, nor have I. The "law" against assembly was made in secret. It is extremely sinister.

Ashy

klondike

« Reply #9 on: Nov 22, 2020, 10:05:21 AM »
Late to the thread. I'll just say that I agree with Ashy. Since the first lockdown there have been quite a few demonstrations. The only ones clamped down on have been those protesting lockdown policies.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Scrumpy

« Reply #10 on: Nov 22, 2020, 11:11:13 AM »
The protest was illegal as those protesting were breaking the law.

If there was a BLM protest at the moment, that would be illegal as well.

If there was a BLM protest at the moment, that would be illegal..

I bet the law wouldn't dare touch them.. There would be shouts of 'Racism.. Racism.'
  BLM call the shots at the moment..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #11 on: Nov 22, 2020, 11:35:04 AM »
My feelings as well
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

biglouis

« Reply #12 on: Nov 22, 2020, 02:16:39 PM »
BLM marched wearing fascist style uniforms and the extinction rebellion shower brought sections of London to a standstill. The police stood by and did nothing.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #13 on: Nov 22, 2020, 02:18:00 PM »
There's a surprise
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

GrumpyOldFart

« Reply #14 on: Nov 22, 2020, 03:45:57 PM »

The Human Rights Act does indeed affirm the right of assembly and the right to protest. Here is an extract:

No restrictions shall be placed on the exercise of these rights other than such as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society in the interests of national security or public safety, for the prevention of disorder or crime, for the protection of health or morals or for the protection of the rights and freedoms of others.

So, it would appear that public safety and the protection of health can negate these rights.

Personally, I think these protests should be allowed to take place without a police presence in the hope that it results in removing a few congenital idiots from the gene pool.