Author Topic: Shamima Begum  (Read 3657 times)

Ashy

Re: Shamima Begum
« Reply #30 on: Nov 26, 2020, 10:14:58 AM »
Isn't her husband of Netherlands nationality

crabbyob

« Reply #31 on: Nov 26, 2020, 10:16:52 AM »
so what happened to him
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Jacqueline

« Reply #32 on: Nov 26, 2020, 10:30:32 AM »
Husband is  Dutch, he is in a Kurdish run detention centre in northern Syria.  He wants to go back to be put on trial in the Netherlands.

Are these people for real, they want to play by our rules when the going gets tough and it suits them.  Let them be tried for terrorism in Syria, we don't want them back.

crabbyob

« Reply #33 on: Nov 26, 2020, 10:34:22 AM »
better still try them by THEIR laws, then punish them accordingly..???
wheres me blunt knife
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Michael Rolls

« Reply #34 on: Nov 26, 2020, 11:44:52 AM »
My sentiments entirely - they are so keen to inflict their bloodthirsty ideals on others - let them face the consequences
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Diasi

« Reply #35 on: Nov 26, 2020, 12:44:00 PM »
Well apart from getting rid of severed heads of the men, that she instructed the execution squads to kill,

Did not read or see that.  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

I read it about heads in buckets, although I don't remember reading that she gave the orders - but that's enough complicity for me - accessory to the fact, surely?
Mike

She was quite high up in the rankings, for a female, & her duties included passing on the orders to the men who carried out the executions.

When asked about it she said the wasn't 'phased' by heads in buckets.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

crabbyob

« Reply #36 on: Nov 26, 2020, 12:46:18 PM »
how did she get to be so high-up
oops,,, how often was she married, and how many kids has she lost?

Diasi

« Reply #37 on: Nov 26, 2020, 12:49:17 PM »
how did she get to be so high-up
oops,,, how often was she married, and how many kids has she lost?

I can only assume that it was because she was from a Western country, which ISIS thought gave them some kudos.

I think she was only married once, and still is.

Three children.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

stellamaris

« Reply #38 on: Nov 26, 2020, 07:42:33 PM »
I believe that we would have to apply for extradition for her to be tried here for crimes committed in a foreign country.   No doubt Syria would agree to extradition because they have enough of them over there.  But is there an actual law [not the spirit of, or a moral law that they keep bleating on about], that compels us to apply for extradition?   It seems simple to me, but I don't know much.
Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty
Pronouns: She/Her/Beautiful/Wondrous one/Dearest Heart

klondike

« Reply #39 on: Nov 26, 2020, 08:01:54 PM »
I could easily be wrong (where is Cass?) but as she wants to come here to appeal her loss of nationality once here she could be charged with whatever the authorities decide. Extradition is only needed should they not want to come.

To my mind the various charges should be made very public before she decides to come as she may decide not to bother.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Ashy

« Reply #40 on: Nov 26, 2020, 08:03:33 PM »
So far as I am aware, all requests for extradition are discretionary. The problem arises if the host country acts to deport the criminal. If the criminal committed a crime in that country and they are deported to GB they can be tried for that crime here.

Akbuk

« Reply #41 on: Nov 26, 2020, 09:03:49 PM »
FFS I never knew about the heads in buckets !!!
I suppose this is another, “under International Law” shouts. The Americans quite openly state that their own Laws come first, as should ours.

The woman is twisted & definitely shouldn’t be allowed back. She’s toxic.
I’m a real he/him.

Alex22

« Reply #42 on: Nov 26, 2020, 09:11:09 PM »
I just think if she did come back here to appeal, there's no way we'd be able to deport her after she'd served any sentence. 

digitalis

« Reply #43 on: Nov 27, 2020, 09:15:45 AM »
Meanwhile...a-down in Westminster lottsa new laws are being made: its all good stuff folkes. As more laws are made,discussed,written,argued about,then policed and implemented with more police and detectives required,more hearings and trials are required. Itsa growth industry. Maybe one of the only ones we have left.

Often heard in Yankee-land where states beg for new laws to be made to imprison more folk. Money to be made++. Remember some of the Yankee judges went to jail over slam-dunking lottsa folk into penal units for breaking new and minor rules?

Whole swathes of legals now swarm over the 'illegals' who now boat into Dover. Dosh to be made. Maybe like 'Yes,Prime Minister' the whole country could get involved in the legal process,us all-a-arguing and so on. Bit sad that nothing else would be going on,but,hey! who cares.

Last heard today we have 37,000 people all a-claiming asylum for this year alone. I guess this is in addition to the other thousands whose claims are still in the pipeline or are still being appealed. BBC R4 this morn.

Nice calm weather today. So more to set sail from Calais. Laugh or cry?

Michael Rolls

« Reply #44 on: Nov 27, 2020, 09:20:03 AM »
Cry
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!