Author Topic: Ghosts?  (Read 446 times)

Michael Rolls

Ghosts?
« on: Dec 07, 2020, 02:17:55 AM »
I sleep badly enough as it is. The last thing I needed was for the alarm on this iPad to go off at 0104 and wake me. Whilst I was trying to work out what was going on, it went off again at 0105 and this time there was a message on the screen, but without my specs I couldn’t read it.  Normally, when I have set the alarm it will sound for ten minutes or until I stop it, but this time it only sounded for less than a minute. It wasn’t a low battery war - there is 83% showing and of course I can’t get back to sleep
Mike 😡😡
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Michael Rolls

Re: Ghosts?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2020, 04:59:42 AM »
It’s happened again at 0204! It’s not the alarm but a FaceTime call from someone called Deborah. That would be the message I couldn’t read earlier Don’t know who she is, don’t know anyone of that name
Mike

Raven

« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2020, 05:13:05 AM »
Block her and then that should sort it. I've had my worst night yet couldn't get comfy in bed or on the sofa, and all the while the pain was throb throb throb, ended up with my face deep in a pillow screaming and crying for most of the night. Am going to find a Chiropractor who does the McTimoney Style, it's a lot gentler but just as effective as the bone crunching ones.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #3 on: Dec 07, 2020, 05:16:21 AM »
Should have thought of that - presumably because I didn't answer the first two calls and rejected the third they don't show on the log, but if she tries again I will take your advice - thanks
Mike

granny moss

« Reply #4 on: Dec 07, 2020, 07:21:14 AM »
Good morning everyone ??? So sorry to read that you both had such a bad night....Pain at night is very debilitating. Hope someone can help you . I live in constant pain, and I know how hard it is to get on doing the tasks that we all have to do, to carry on with our our life.

I get now and then from unknown persons, odd messages in bad french on my e.mail. Never open them, but always block them.  They really are a nuissance....

Had an e.mail from my grandson that lives alone.  He has managed to go to look at his boat, and all seems OK.  But daughter told me that his finances are not so good, as the employers have cut his salary....I must find a way to help him without hurting his pride.  Jenny will help me to do so.

Ordered from Amazon the calendars and Diaries for 2021 !!!!! Pray the New Year will bring good positive news about the cruel virus.  So much pain in our lives at present !   And they still carry on with the fighting....  They never learn !  Bad people have no feelings....or scruples....

.I wish Dante Alighieri's inferno was true ! " Nel mezzo del camin di nostra vita...io mi trovai in una selva oscura...per cui la dritta via mi era smarrita...".Lasciate ogni speranza voi che entrate.".... :'( Queste parole di colore oscuro.......I found on Google : Julius Caesar " De bello Gallico" in latin !!  I will enjoy reading it again after all these years !!

When I was at the Commerial college, I was fascinated by the squiggles of shorthand....It was a German version....I have the book and can still manage to read it  :o

Also loved the study of the Stock Exchange....and Banking....especially the buying and selling of the World currencies.....I learned about pounds shillings and pence, and found the knowledge of it, very useful when we had the Mini-market.... :D

It is all so much easier now using the decimal system......especially when calculating fractions and percentages.... ??? I loved algebra !!!!

Today I must wash my hair....no more excuses....Time to wish you all a good day.... ( I do rumble on.... :D A privilege of old age. ?...)gmx

Michael Rolls

« Reply #5 on: Dec 07, 2020, 07:57:49 AM »
Keep on rumbling, granny. Caesar's Gallic Wars - had to read in at school but about from the odd phrase in everyday use my memory of Latin has vanished totally.
Mike

Scrumpy

« Reply #6 on: Dec 07, 2020, 09:47:53 AM »

Raven.. You poor love.. I hope you find someone to LOOK at your problem very soon.. x
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Jacqueline

« Reply #7 on: Dec 07, 2020, 10:23:50 AM »
Sorry you are in so much pain Raven, its so much worse at night.  Hopefully you will find the best person to help, I don't know much about these cruncher people but one really helped my friend who was in agony like you.

I hope you have a much more comfortable day, take care.