Author Topic: Idle Hands  (Read 1736 times)

granny moss

Re: Idle Hands
« Reply #30 on: Dec 08, 2020, 06:05:45 AM »
Liver pate' from geese......They force feed the poor things with a funnel.......I seen it done !  My father used to cut the throat of a cockerel and drain the blood holding it up by it's legs....One day, he put the bird down on the kitchen floor and left it....The window was open, and the poor thing got out of it and was running away with his head dangling.....I was very young then.....and I am so wicked that I still eat chickens....How can I stop been carnivorous ? I am serious. All the poor animals we eat....We are pretty horrible.  How can we stop doing so ?  gmx

Michael Rolls

« Reply #31 on: Dec 08, 2020, 06:22:51 AM »
It's not just us granny - I read a good while back that 80% of the creatures on earth are destined to be eaten alive by something bigger or more capable. Also we are, in fact, omnivores - our teeth and digestive system bear witness to the fact and, despite what the proponents claim, neither a fully vegetarian, not, especially, vegan, diet is truly best for us. What is worst, of course, is too much, regardless of diet!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

granny moss

« Reply #32 on: Dec 08, 2020, 08:48:45 AM »
Yes, I know you are right, but I still feel bad about it....gmx

crabbyob

« Reply #33 on: Dec 08, 2020, 09:51:26 AM »
lol... it was a spelling mistake
it was meant as Madras Paste....lol...
just in case i need to prove to any of the indigenous population that i can cook [i am a crop cook]

but i agree with the above posts about what we eat, everyone should be made to attend a slaughter-house at least once... and also a chicken battery where they are all caged in individual little cages row after row of them, then when they stop laying [i dont know their age but they then get. erm... eliminated, plucked and perhaps jointed..
i could easily be a veggie if i lived in Goa, their food is amazing, about half of my friends turn veggie for the duration of their visit... but the pork chops in Goa are utterly devine... sorry mister pig...[/i]
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Ashy

« Reply #34 on: Dec 08, 2020, 10:07:46 AM »
I'm afraid the chicken's lot is not a happy one. At least they have no idea what is going on. I eat chicken even though I know what a miserable and short life they lead.

crabbyob

« Reply #35 on: Dec 08, 2020, 10:34:38 AM »
me too Ashy, most days
perhaps thats why i cant sleep... ;D
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Ashy

« Reply #36 on: Dec 08, 2020, 02:36:09 PM »
It's amazing really that chickens that have only a few more minutes to live, will establish a pecking order. Then a man will come along, pick the bird up by its feet, hang it upside down on a conveyor, and the machine will do the rest. Some of them come out the other end oven ready with no human intervention.