Author Topic: Banks  (Read 393 times)

granny moss

Banks
« on: Dec 07, 2020, 02:24:35 PM »
When I access my accounts in the Bank, after the usual security checks,I have a new one to surmount....I must have my 'phone ready by me, and after I have entered the usual security, I must read after the tone, a four digits number to gain access. It cuts me off because I am not quick enough...and they keep giving me more code numbers....Finally I managed, but it is another small straw on the elephant's back.....so frustrating.... :'( gmx

Ashy

Re: Banks
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2020, 02:44:22 PM »
Perhaps you should write to the bank and tell them it is too hard, they might be sympathetic.

klondike

« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2020, 03:36:09 PM »
Fat chance. Haven't you got a mobile they can text - you'd get as long as you need with that.
So long and thanks for all the fish

biglouis

« Reply #3 on: Dec 08, 2020, 02:01:23 PM »
I use a very old mobile as my contact for the bank, Paypal etc when they send me an OTP. Yesterday I came  to charge it up and couldnt find the charger anywhere. It had disappeared from the face of the earth. I had a complete meltdown (ie panic attack) and began screaming. I was looking for a black charger. None of the standard chargers which fit my other phone or tablets would fit. Then I remembered it was grey! It was right under my nose in the nearest 6 gang.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #4 on: Dec 08, 2020, 02:05:40 PM »
I know the feeling!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

klondike

« Reply #5 on: Dec 08, 2020, 03:14:53 PM »
My wife left her Nokia charger in a hotel room last year. I hadn't another but somebody was selling either 2 or maybe 3 on eBay for about a fiver delivered. Now I have spares. If I can remember where I put them.  :(
So long and thanks for all the fish

granny moss

« Reply #6 on: Dec 09, 2020, 06:34:05 AM »
At the very beginning, there was this telephone one could put in the handbag....and it was simply a gadget that was used to make and receive calls.....

It was indeed a most useful item and one felt safe going out alone. Not anymore....Alas :'(

It has now changed into a confusion of polytechnic tasks and multy unecessary programmes.....which I am afraid I am unable to use ....

The last one is still in the box, not wanted....and as I do not go out on my own anymore, that is where it will be found when I am gone :D

A telephone that takes 'photos and  short videos.....and  all the other.....What next ?  One that will make a cup of tea when I am thristy ?  ::) gmx

Michael Rolls

« Reply #7 on: Dec 09, 2020, 07:06:52 AM »
seems like a good idea, and could mine also have an app (irritating word) that produces a G&T on demand?
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!